Reason 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 24-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
DoomBrain
Analog Lurker
DoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Reason 3

Anyone using this version stil?

I am but of course may change in the near future, for now it suits me.

Advertisements

DoomBrain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to DoomBrain
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 24-04-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25860
Re: Reason 3

You need to upgrade man, version 9 is really good.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 25-04-2017, 01:03 AM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106850
Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,376 Posts

Hey I am still in 7.1 but man you need to upgrade to after Reason and Record combined. I used 2.5 so many years ago!

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 27-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
DoomBrain
Analog Lurker
DoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Oh I know you guys are right, I guess I am a tight ass! and up until recently I was still using an old PC with Windows XP, I have a new laptop now though.

I was thinking about trying Ableton live for a change.
DoomBrain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to DoomBrain
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 01:33 AM   #5
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2810

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBrain View Post
Oh I know you guys are right, I guess I am a tight ass! and up until recently I was still using an old PC with Windows XP, I have a new laptop now though.

I was thinking about trying Ableton live for a change.
ive had this boner for more than 4 hours and my doc says theres nothing to worry about. just put some ice on it... he said if it hurts. im not sure what reason could improve now but since 3-4.0 they sure have come a long way...

I have three other daws on my desktop i no longer use... idk what to do with them now?
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #6
soundmodel
Analog Lurker
soundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant future
Finland
MC Status: 1710

TBH I think that Reason didn't become that good until like version 7.
Before that it was more like a playground for "hardware-enthusiasts", which was Propellerheads' original idea (to create an emulation of a 80s/90s electronic studio). However, since they weren't working on a "full-fledged DAW" until version 7, this means that versions before 7 are limited in scope.

------------------
soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to soundmodel
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51910
Thanked 1,038 Times in 765 Posts

Version 9.5 Supports VST. What more needs to be said?

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2810

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel View Post
TBH I think that Reason didn't become that good until like version 7.
Before that it was more like a playground for "hardware-enthusiasts", which was Propellerheads' original idea (to create an emulation of a 80s/90s electronic studio). However, since they weren't working on a "full-fledged DAW" until version 7, this means that versions before 7 are limited in scope.
very interesting point, and man, i say i think i have to agree... although im not sure on the version.

I used only, 4.0 and 5.0 for 95% of my time using reason... since 9.2 was just released, is when i found the new reason...

I fell in love with the hardware aspect of reason, and yea i thought the sound of it, was particular. it had its own flavor, I swear I could tell any song that was made within early versions of reason... lol

but now, that has gone, and reason has in fact expanded greatly. I am most impressed, and glad i stuck with the one thing for once in my pathetic life. lol
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:16 AM   #9
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25560

Dude.. have an old iBook with reason 2.5 on it.. I need to make some ish with it lol

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:12 AM   #10
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106850
Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,376 Posts

2.5 was the hotness for a lot of people - Many started with that one!

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #11
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

I think that if you have the ability to run a newer version of Reason, especially after the Reason + Record combination, it's a good idea.

The only good reasons not to that I can think of would be that you have an extremely under-spec computer, or want to have the less taxing legacy version for some other similar reason.

Or, you want to intentionally limit your available options of what you're able to do to try to focus on just a few devices for some creative or artistic reason. Like, some Oulipo-ish method.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #12
Laxxxluster
IDMf's latest spammer
Laxxxluster is currently spamming hard
Los Angeles
MC Status: 10

As someone who has only recently gone from 4 to 9.5, I feel like Reason has been good for a long time (being able to use 20 or 30 Mclass compressors is just not reproducible in any hardware-based project studio), but the total DAW/VST setup that is Reason 9.5 is unbeatable for the money. Not having to rewire with Cubase anymore is quite preferable.

However, if you don't need the audio capabilities and your old system still runs Reason 3 or 4 seamlessly, I can sympathize with not having a great desire to change. I still have my old Reason 4/Cubase/XP machine waiting in the wings, but I can almost guarantee that is where it will stay.
Laxxxluster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #13
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
2.5 was the hotness for a lot of people - Many started with that one!
Yep i started with 2.5, then 4, 7 and now have just purchased 9.5.

I've been on 7 for quite a few years and it's great.

I mainly use Reason for all my mixing/arrangement and re-wire it to ableton to use VST's etc, and acid pro 4 and audacity for sampling tweaks.

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #14
Mycelial Cords
Regular Freak
Mycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really nice
Warsaw
MC Status: 360

Depends on your goal but if you plan to spending any money on DAW you probably can't go better than 130 EUR for amount of stuff you get from Reason 3 to 9. Audio support, VST, players, more sounds etc. Great deal.

Advertisements

Mycelial Cords is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote