(Progressive House)_Mystik_ - Nearly Done Song, Need a Few Ideas for Song Name
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 11210
(Progressive House)_Mystik_ - Nearly Done Song, Need a Few Ideas for Song Name

nearly done with this, just needs a little brushing up here and there. one of my best mixes so far that im pretty happy with! a little more fixes here and there aswell as the kick being brought a little more towards the front and i think it will be done. need some song name suggestions, as i cant think of a good one at the moment. ive never been great at thinking of song names haha.

Last edited by _Mystik_; 16-08-2012 at 03:37 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - (Progressive House)_Mystik_ - Nearly Done Song, Need a Few Ideas for Song Name.
Old 16-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69460
Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,031 Posts
Re: (Progressive House)_Mystik_ - Nearly Done Song, Need a Few Ideas for Song Name

I wasnt listening this song with full attention, so I won't be able to give complete details but I DID go ahead and listen to it with mah big headphones, and then with my shit itunes ones,

-the hihats are too quiet and sound too panned to the right.

-the whole song sounds like its just repeating, there is no real hints where I get the idea, ok this is changing, It sounds the same the entire song, so I don't think you can term progressive with this.

-the bass sounds like a electro kind of saw bass, but it had no punch or real presence in the sound.(might be cause of me using headphones, but I'm doing a soundcheck with other songs with regular bass and yours just sounds lacking.) Maybe add some higher frquency to the bass sounds or increase the volume to give more girth?

anyways that's my 2 cents,

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
Re: (Progressive House)_Mystik_ - Nearly Done Song, Need a Few Ideas for Song Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
I wasnt listening this song with full attention, so I won't be able to give complete details but I DID go ahead and listen to it with mah big headphones, and then with my shit itunes ones,

-the hihats are too quiet and sound too panned to the right.

-the whole song sounds like its just repeating, there is no real hints where I get the idea, ok this is changing, It sounds the same the entire song, so I don't think you can term progressive with this.

-the bass sounds like a electro kind of saw bass, but it had no punch or real presence in the sound.(might be cause of me using headphones, but I'm doing a soundcheck with other songs with regular bass and yours just sounds lacking.) Maybe add some higher frquency to the bass sounds or increase the volume to give more girth?

anyways that's my 2 cents,
yeah, i think this is more minimal house. im not using proper speakers either (still havent gotten monitors yet) so the mix isnt really perfect, however it is better than my other mixes. the hihats are panned quite to the right, about 32 ticks right. i'll probably put them 24 ticks instead. yeah the bass needs more volume, it is quiet at the moment. i actually made this a whole track because i was trying to play around making a good chord pluck, but then i decided to make something out of it. i have a habit of making repetitive stuff, usually as stuff to listen to while doing something or just background music. thanks for the 2 cents

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 18-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

im just gonna bump this to see what anyone else says. anyone who comments, dont really pay attention to the term progressive house, as this really isnt progressive, as it is repetitive, but its meant to be

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK