Wave converter
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 16-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
HomeZ
Regular Freak
HomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MC
MC Status: 85232
Wave converter

Hey guys,

Yesterday I've wanted to upload a new wave track to soundcloud, but the size was over 50MB so I couldn't.

What program do you guys use to convert? and to convert to what flac, mp3 .... ?

Thx

Advertisements

HomeZ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426
Re: Wave converter

dbpoweramp

for soundcloud, I use 320 kbps LAME MP3s
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

DAW or wave editor of choice. Updated codecs.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947481
Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,633 Posts

If you want to put finished wav files up, use bandcamp instead of soundcloud. I know, it doesnt have groups and massive amounts of spammy mashups hey follow me!!! but it's what I use for finished stuff.

Lame mp3 codec, like lebeux say.

Last edited by Numerical; 17-01-2012 at 12:35 AM..
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
HomeZ
Regular Freak
HomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MCHomeZ is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
If you want to put finished wav files up, use bandcamp instead of soundcloud. I know, it doesnt have groups and massive amounts of spammy mashups hey follow me!!! but it's what I use for finished stuff.

Lame mp3 codec, like lebeux say.
Yeah it's really sad to work your ass on a track to finnaly ruin everything ... That's why I was asking.

But I guess soundcloud is the most popular, it's not really like you have a choice if you want exposure...

Cheers
Old 17-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Benwaa

but why couldn't you upload it because of file size? they only have a restriction on totalled time not total files size..
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
HomeZ
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
but why couldn't you upload it because of file size? they only have a restriction on totalled time not total files size..
Well I'm pretty sure It's limited to 50MB, I had a popup saying my file was too big.

Can't find this in soundcloud help right now though I'll make a prtscn once I'm home.

But look what I found ...

" Talking about distorsion on an uploaded track.... as we transcode all tracks to 128 kbps mp3 for streaming playback. Uploading a lossless or high-quality lossy file will usually reduce these to a minimum, but unfortunately there's not much we can do for the handful of individual tracks that are still affected."

I didn't knew that, 'though it's logic for streatming, 128 kbps is super lame.
Old 17-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Benwaa

hmmm, i've uploaded many DJ sets to my soundcloud all in 320kbps (for those that want to download) this means files sizes are in excess usually of 200Mb so i can't see why you're having that problem. have you tried to log out clear cache and try again?
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
HomeZ
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
hmmm, i've uploaded many DJ sets to my soundcloud all in 320kbps (for those that want to download) this means files sizes are in excess usually of 200Mb so i can't see why you're having that problem. have you tried to log out clear cache and try again?
Can't back up my words right now as I'm at the office ... but I tried to upload a 65 MB wav and couldn't coz file size was over 50MB.

Maybe size of waves only are limited?, maybe you have a special account?, maybe I was dreamed this or was too high ...

I'll figure this out and come back later, thx for the input.
Old 17-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

If you're still looking for software to convert wav to mp3 - try Audacity

Another point: If you're making your tracks available for download - the WAV won't contain any info (like the ID3 tag on mp3's). So if you want information in the song - it might be better to encode a high-bitrate mp3, or maybe even FLAC as I think you can embed information in it (not 100% sure about the FLAC thing right now).
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
HomeZ
Regular Freak

Nevermind it was for myspace ... anyway still thx for the all replies

Advertisements