Cheap Places to Live? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #21
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52410
Thanked 1,048 Times in 773 Posts
Re: Cheap Places to Live?

In general, cost of living in the US is rather proportional to the desirability of living in a given place. Inland California can be affordable, if you fancy desert dwelling. Rural Midwest, albeit the church choir might be the only major music event held.

There are some gems here and there, but they tend not to last for long. Denver is less ridiculously priced for what it offers.

Personally, I found that these price differences mostly apply to housing. Food, healthcare, and gas don’t give each other much.

A different country has its own challenges: visa and immigration, language, political system and stability. I general, countries with similar stability and civil liberties tend to all be more expensive than the US (not sure about Greece, Portugal, and Ireland).

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #22
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478554

^^
Cheapest places to live generally are like down in the rural south in Arkansas or Alabama, and mid-west can be inexpensive. I like in Wyoming, and I was just looking at a 2 bdrm rental for $550.

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #23
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 41710

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Cheapest places to live generally are like down in the rural south in Arkansas or Alabama
Yeah, you pay with your soul, hopes and dreams instead of cash
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
I/O_Madness (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #24
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031591
Thanked 7,283 Times in 4,525 Posts

Move to rural europe.
You can buy a whole village for the price of a modest home.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #25
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Yeah, you pay with your soul, hopes and dreams instead of cash
lol yeah, that is the trade off

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 22-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #26
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269465358
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,878 Posts

London's cheap as dirt!

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
I/O_Madness (23-11-2017)
Old 23-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #27
sefrcoko
Regular Freak
sefrcoko will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Montreal is not cheap anymore. Stay away.
Maybe not like it used to be, but still better than Toronto, Vancouver or even Ottawa by a long shot.
sefrcoko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts

the cheapiest place is living in a car.

pros: no rent or bills ever, when u need to take a shit just go to local fast food chain or just use bushes like our predecessors used to do. Shower? get a cheap gym membership, you don't even need to work out to gain access to showers. Food? Just shop for instant meals or pre-order (come to yellow car that smells like there has been a human living there for at least a couple of months). Charge your electronics at work (if you have any) - phones, laptops, batteries that charge batteries (forgot how they're called irl). If you work a lot more it means you'll spend less time in your shitty car. win/win

cons: sleeping in a car (car seat sleep is shit), winter time (if you're northern) might suck too. Avoid staying in a single parking spot because people will think you're a creep.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 04:03 AM   #29
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
the cheapiest place is living in a car.

pros: no rent or bills ever, when u need to take a shit just go to local fast food chain or just use bushes like our predecessors used to do. Shower? get a cheap gym membership, you don't even need to work out to gain access to showers. Food? Just shop for instant meals or pre-order (come to yellow car that smells like there has been a human living there for at least a couple of months). Charge your electronics at work (if you have any) - phones, laptops, batteries that charge batteries (forgot how they're called irl). If you work a lot more it means you'll spend less time in your shitty car. win/win

cons: sleeping in a car (car seat sleep is shit), winter time (if you're northern) might suck too. Avoid staying in a single parking spot because people will think you're a creep.
Of course you do need to worry a out car maintenance, and being out of a car when you need to take it in for maintenance.

With that said, I did live out of my car for three months once after high school. Well, two of those months I was staying at friend's houses, but still essentially only had my car. I'd basically just work, smoke pot, drive around, get free meals from Le Peep occasionally, but otherwise lived off toasted bologna and cheese sandwiches which I made at the movie theatre I worked at, plus food we could grab while hanging out there. We had all the popcorn we wanted, and they didn't inventory the chips for the nachos, so while we couldn't use the nacho tray, what I'd do is make a tray out of ripped up free cups in a cup holder (which actually held many more nachos than the trays).

Sleeping did suck. At first, I only had my jacket, and I was freezing at night. I ended up grabbing my blanket from my house, and using that, which was much better, but still I was just sleeping in a car seat which isn't too comfy. I'd sleep 4-5 hours a night, wake up early in the morning and go to a local rec center, where I just acted like I belonged there, and was able to go in and shower for free. One time though, I didn't get there till later and there was another guy there who caught me and I had to pay.

Ended up losing a lot of weight because I wasn't eating as much (which was actually awesome, I was pretty overweight but I lost about 50 pounds by just eating less. I went from 210 down to just under 160 at one point. I'd try to avoid sleeping in the same spot too many times. One time I was looking for a new spot, driving along the back roads of my town, and I eventually found this road leading up this hill in the forest. I drove up it, put it in park and put on the parking brake, and went to sleep. I woke up later in the morning as some guy on an ATV was driving by me. I stayed quiet and didn't move, and he left, but then I got up and looked behind me and I had parked in some guy's yard lol. After that I started the car and got out of there, but it was kinda funny.

Interesting times, on the quest to living away from my parents. hehe

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 24-11-2017 at 04:13 AM..

Advertisements

------------------

I/O_Madness