Music that has gotten you through hard times - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 18-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #21
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183810
Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,738 Posts
Re: Music that has gotten you through hard times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
Couldn't figure out Youtube embedding, so here's a link instead (Sleaford Mods):

https://youtu.be/Udp6fZ9vWCI
Edit your post above..just delete the link you posted and then click on the little blue world link thing in the top menu of the editor and enter the link..but make sure to delete the "s" from the "https" at the start of the link and then the video will show in your post.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #22
Iyashi Sound
Microknight
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4360

Thanks. It works the same way without the "s" though.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #23
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Thanks. It works the same way without the "s" though.

No..you're typing it wrong. It helps is you enter the right URL to begin with..as in "youtube.com"..not "yotu.be"

You need to edit the link like so - http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=Udp6fZ9vWCI
(I had to put a space in there be the "com" in order to show you.)

Last edited by A.M; 18-10-2017 at 04:31 PM..

------------------
Old 18-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #24
Iyashi Sound
Microknight
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4360

It works, although I still don't really understand why exactly.

But thank you for trying

I didn't type the link like that btw, just copied the link directly from Youtube's "share" function.

I can see you added "watch?v=" to the link as well..

Is there really no way to do it without having to rewrite the link manually?
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #25
A.M

Quote:
It works, although I still don't really understand why exactly.

But thank you for trying

I didn't type the link like that btw, just copied the link directly from Youtube's "share" function.

I can see you added "watch?v=" to the link as well..

Is there really no way to do it without having to rewrite the link manually?
It's the way I've always done it..the way that seems to work on every site I've ever posted YT videos to..is to simply copy the address that shows in the URL address bar at the top of your browser. The only caveat is you need to check the link, as some are redirects from links like the one you used and they usually have an ampersand (&) with something after it (&feature=youtu.be in this case)..and you only need to copy what comes before the ampersand..and then drop the "s" from the "https" bit at the start and it will work just fine.

Otherwise the video doesn't embed, but redirects to the YT site..which is not really ideal for many folks, as they don't want to be drawn away from the site they are currently on. By the way, I didn't add the "watch?v=" bit to the link..it's already there in the URL in the browser address bar..but not in the redirect URL you get when you click on "Share" under the video on YT.

It's basically just adding about two or three seconds to the task, but you get the end result you want.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Iyashi Sound (18-10-2017)
Old 19-10-2017, 01:29 AM   #26
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478454

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 01:31 AM   #27
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 19-10-2017, 01:36 AM   #28
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

The way I do it is I just use the [youtube] tags, although you have to do this manually.
Basically, just
Code:
[youtube]stringOfCharactersAtEndOfURL[/ youtube]
Of course, you need to remove the space in the [/ youtube] part.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Iyashi Sound (19-10-2017)
Old 19-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #29
Nikorasu
Minor Glitch
Nikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of lightNikorasu is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I was going through some really awkward, overly self-conscious teenage years when Sum 41 came around. Their break-out jams gave me a lot of positive moods. Even motivated me to start playing the guitar. Thanks guys.

Advertisements

Nikorasu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote