The Poetry Thread - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 15-05-2015, 05:59 AM   #41
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290827
Thanked 1,244 Times in 848 Posts
Re: The Poetry Thread

Time once passed freely,
Given over to lost wishes.
Too long have I lived this,
Caught between my yesterdays.
Hopes become explosions,
Crumbling a wall of fears.
I brush through the debris, searching for it's prisoner.
I cannot describe it's face,
But I will recognize it's feel.
It once powered me ,
It fueled my drive to live.
It once was me,
Until I caged it here.
I will beg for it to forgive,
But I fear it will never forget.
I abandoned it once,
And perhaps will again.
But I must try once more,
Else I deny my true self.
This drum must beat again.

Advertisements

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to cyclops
NightlightSociety (28-06-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #42
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

fresh blood
feeds the drooling wound
messy mouth dries shut
seals to heal the fleshy cut

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Nystagmus
Old 15-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #43
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871479
Thanked 4,870 Times in 2,816 Posts

My lyrics:

When the clouds break,
With the coming of the dawn,
We sail to the ends of the earth,
With our banners held up strong,
When we arrive we find,
We were there the whole time.

Last edited by Vlantis; 15-05-2015 at 12:32 PM..

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #44
shadowmaster-fx
Granular Poster
shadowmaster-fx is a glorious beacon of lightshadowmaster-fx is a glorious beacon of lightshadowmaster-fx is a glorious beacon of lightshadowmaster-fx is a glorious beacon of lightshadowmaster-fx is a glorious beacon of light
St. John's, NL
MC Status: 460

Been writing poetry since my early teens. Most of the writing I do these days gets put through a speech synthesizer and added to a song. Not that all of my songs have lyrics. I wrote a lot last year when I was going through harder times, but I prefer my work now. Subject matter is more varied and sounds less paranoid. I'll add a few of my favorite lines from certain works of mine.

From "Reactive"
"I don't know if I am reactive,
but I will not be redacted.
I won't be passive,
and the crowd is massive"

From "Oceanix"
"Oceanix so tall it floats
in blue and green and toxic waters.
Cocooned in the structured steel,
I understand not its appeal.
Like a princess of the past,
I hold you close to my memories.
when i see you standing by
it brings a sparkle to my aging eye"

Part of something I wrote a few years ago but never used
"I used to hang out with star systems,
searching for a rhythm
or a way to get by.
But every time I try to hover I fly"

------------------
shadowmaster-fx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #45
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728

I pierced the veil and looked into the mirror of truth
the reflection of my true self stared back at me
two faces under a shining sun
him and her as one
and I loved it with all my heart

Last edited by Crude_beats; 18-06-2015 at 10:09 PM..
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Crude_beats
Old 28-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #46
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area
MC Status: 2910

Here's something i wrote late at night.

Untitled

Sometimes we get confused when we're young. I remember lying down, with a throbbing headache at 1 A.M., Orchestrating the topic to be something spiritual, to be something more than it actually was.

Romanticizing it when it didn't need to be romanticized. Being confused when you're young, i realized, isn't special in any regard. You're just as lost as the girl you sit next to in biology, or the person making your drink at a local cafe.

We're all just as lost as the other. We're all just as confused as to who and what we are in life, as anyone else is. Adults included. At a young age, I mean younger than when we get confused, We're taught that adults are authority figures. Often looked up to as all knowing beings. The truth is as you get older you start to see the world in color, rather than in black and white. You see the true picture.

You start to see that the people you walk by on the street, Adults, they're still searching, just like you are. You can see in their eyes, The same frightened gaze you see when you look at yourself in a mirror, when you're feeling sortof lost.

They're just as flawed as you are.
They're just as confused as you are.
And that's okay, that realization was important.

In life we'll keep searching and searching
for little remnants of what we should be
And then we'll try to put them together.

That warm sensation, that tingle, that burning
Searching the world around us, But what do we see?
That this earth goes on for miles and miles and miles
And finding ourselves, wont ever be as easy as 1,2, 3.

Last edited by NightlightSociety; 28-06-2015 at 06:49 PM..

------------------
NightlightSociety is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NightlightSociety
Crude_beats (28-06-2015)
Old 29-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #47
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC

I never considered whether angels were real or not before. It just didnt matter much to me as I never thought I would meet one anyway. Until the day one came into my life. A girl, a star, a shining light, a beacon of hope, a teacher, seemingly pure and true, graceful and beautiful. But something was amiss. Some kind of corruption, defect, malfunction I do not know how better to describe it. Maybe she was fallen and now on her way to redemption through a life of mortality and shitness. Stuck in the middle of the worst shit not allowed to die before her work was over. Or maybe she was simply created that way and needed to find her true way and her true love before being complete. It was as if she was programmed to spread joy and hope to everyone she met. Able to love uncondtionally, to not judge, to sympathize with anyone. Endless forgiveness and grace. A giver every second and every minute of her existence. Like a fifth element. A supreme being. An angel.

Upon getting to know her I came to be a bit of her taxi driver ironicly if you ever saw the movie. I came to appreciate her as one of the most magnificent beings I ever met, maybe even the most magnificent. I don't know if God likes me favorizing but I don't care. She made me laugh, she made me feel like I was walking on clouds, flying with the stars and walking in blessed light from morning until evening. She teased me and made fun of me in the cutest way you can imagine. She made my cup overflow with waters of wisdom, joy and love. She played with my mind in a way that was above anything I ever experienced. She could drop one liners that at first made no sense to me. Later when understanding their meaning it made me feel like a silly fool, it made me laugh and feel like a king at the same time. Some of the words she sang only made sense hours or days later when she dropped the second bomb to hit me. All in love, all in care for my good.

We lay under the stars on a blanket in the grass in the middle of November. It wasn't that cold, we kept each other warm. Listening to music and watching the stars that peaked through the clouds. She showed me love like I hadn't experienced love before. A gentle touch and a gentle embrace. A different kind of passion. A different kind of love.

So what was amiss, this flaw i saw in her? Despite all her magnificent qualities she couldn't bring joy to herself. She couldn't or wasn't allowed to experience or feel love, at least not for a long time. Afflicted with curses and sickness. Judged constantly and relentlessly, abused in every way imaginable and given so little back. Constantly on the brink of giving in cause of the constant darkness she was living in. A shining light enveloped by darkness. Like a flickering candle in a storm of despair. The most magnificent entity I ever met and at the same time truly one of the saddest earthly walks in whole creation.

I cried for her more then I cried for a long time. How can a being of such light have a fate of such sadness? "That is just who I am" she answered. I cried more. "I'm here to spread joy and hope or else we would perish". But what about you I wanted to say. What about your happiness? But why even try? If she was meant to soldier on into her death then who am I to even try and stop her? I cried, I was powerless, whatever strength I had meant nothing. I need you I said. "I'm a star and I will always be there for you" she said. "When you fall I'll catch you. When you need a warm embrace I will be there to hold you". "I have set an example for you that will help you". Upon saying this it was as if she was saying goodbye. I cried and I cried. Writing these words I don't know if I ever see her again and the tears just keep coming. How could I ever forget you? Why must it be like this? Please don't leave. Promise me at least we meet again somewhere, someday. I can't bear the thought of never seeing your grace again. I will remember you and I will honor you, forever.
Thanks to Crude_beats
NightlightSociety (29-06-2015)
Old 29-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #48
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude_beats View Post
I never considered whether angels were real or not before. It just didnt matter much to me as I never thought I would meet one anyway. Until the day one came into my life. A girl, a star, a shining light, a beacon of hope, a teacher, seemingly pure and true, graceful and beautiful. But something was amiss. Some kind of corruption, defect, malfunction I do not know how better to describe it. Maybe she was fallen and now on her way to redemption through a life of mortality and shitness. Stuck in the middle of the worst shit not allowed to die before her work was over. Or maybe she was simply created that way and needed to find her true way and her true love before being complete. It was as if she was programmed to spread joy and hope to everyone she met. Able to love uncondtionally, to not judge, to sympathize with anyone. Endless forgiveness and grace. A giver every second and every minute of her existence. Like a fifth element. A supreme being. An angel.

Upon getting to know her I came to be a bit of her taxi driver ironicly if you ever saw the movie. I came to appreciate her as one of the most magnificent beings I ever met, maybe even the most magnificent. I don't know if God likes me favorizing but I don't care. She made me laugh, she made me feel like I was walking on clouds, flying with the stars and walking in blessed light from morning until evening. She teased me and made fun of me in the cutest way you can imagine. She made my cup overflow with waters of wisdom, joy and love. She played with my mind in a way that was above anything I ever experienced. She could drop one liners that at first made no sense to me. Later when understanding their meaning it made me feel like a silly fool, it made me laugh and feel like a king at the same time. Some of the words she sang only made sense hours or days later when she dropped the second bomb to hit me. All in love, all in care for my good.

We lay under the stars on a blanket in the grass in the middle of November. It wasn't that cold, we kept each other warm. Listening to music and watching the stars that peaked through the clouds. She showed me love like I hadn't experienced love before. A gentle touch and a gentle embrace. A different kind of passion. A different kind of love.

So what was amiss, this flaw i saw in her? Despite all her magnificent qualities she couldn't bring joy to herself. She couldn't or wasn't allowed to experience or feel love, at least not for a long time. Afflicted with curses and sickness. Judged constantly and relentlessly, abused in every way imaginable and given so little back. Constantly on the brink of giving in cause of the constant darkness she was living in. A shining light enveloped by darkness. Like a flickering candle in a storm of despair. The most magnificent entity I ever met and at the same time truly one of the saddest earthly walks in whole creation.

I cried for her more then I cried for a long time. How can a being of such light have a fate of such sadness? "That is just who I am" she answered. I cried more. "I'm here to spread joy and hope or else we would perish". But what about you I wanted to say. What about your happiness? But why even try? If she was meant to soldier on into her death then who am I to even try and stop her? I cried, I was powerless, whatever strength I had meant nothing. I need you I said. "I'm a star and I will always be there for you" she said. "When you fall I'll catch you. When you need a warm embrace I will be there to hold you". "I have set an example for you that will help you". Upon saying this it was as if she was saying goodbye. I cried and I cried. Writing these words I don't know if I ever see her again and the tears just keep coming. How could I ever forget you? Why must it be like this? Please don't leave. Promise me at least we meet again somewhere, someday. I can't bear the thought of never seeing your grace again. I will remember you and I will honor you, forever.
damn. that was nice. Long too!

------------------
Crude_beats (30-06-2015)
Old 29-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #49
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Universe, at last.

And as we stare up, I said
Imagine the universe at last
Although we cannot see it here,
the days will slow to become fast.
The thoughts in our heads will burden us,
the world outside will compliment.

When there's nothing left to fear, she said
Give me a call. Run for us, from run to crawl
Run so far, run ahead, run for us all
Go on and reach the finish,
Continue running far after you're done
Push the boundaries, push the limits

If you end up alone, I said.
Meet me under the trees.
No more tears to shed, no more nights to seize
No more rain to fall, no more cynics, or skeptics, or thieves.
If you end up alone, I said.
Remember you'll always have me.

------------------
Crude_beats (30-06-2015)
Old 30-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #50
Crude_beats
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlightSociety View Post
damn. that was nice. Long too!
thanks
Old 06-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #51
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

"A Portrait of Some Cowards"

We are the incense punks, smelling permanently of roses, uncouth words ripping from our tar covered lungs and breaking up the long, thin line of smoke that until recently meant tranquility. Formerly anthrax, we have difficulty leaving our old ways behind as we look for other hearts to intersect with, mimicking the fragility of wax flowers, beautiful, but easily melted. We won’t ever let ourselves melt, so we’ll just burn, burn, burn all the way to the end, leaving nothing behind but a scorch mark. We dare not risk being dreary, so we smoke green for desperate fun under the damp sky stained with Milky Way mold. We put other people’s hearts on our sleeves so we don’t have to risk our own. We study the history of beads, of posters, of amplifiers and hair gel, but not of people, of love, of meaning, of reality. We are escape artists. We call ourselves artists, but we only reflect what we think others want to see. We call ourselves the untamed youth, but we are tamed. Tamed by expectation, by image, by following example, by desire to become something that isn’t real. We are incapable of sitting and enjoying. We must always prove, prove, prove, jump, jump, jump to the next idea, the next skill set. We will never stay anywhere long enough to be anything. We just scratch our names into the places we’ve been and hope they remember us.

------------------
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #52
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Summer of 2008

Energy cannot be destroyed nor created, only misplaced.
An idea she clung to, an idea she chased
On a long car ride, our hearts beating for a good conversation,

A warm, may-time vacation
A long southbound sensation
Our thoughts rushing in and out lost in translation
The bright summertime air, if only a taste

Warm smiles filled that room, Candles lit, Cider open.
Laughing at that table, a treasure, our brains woven
Where did those moments go today

I’m grateful and lucky that these memories did not decay
Sometimes i wonder if i could go back, i would go back to stay;
Because all the times have changed, and my heart is aching for a replay.
My childhood has gone, far far away, and I am craving those moments.

I wonder and wonder if those days are just lost and they don’t know where they’re at
I search this landscape but my mind has gone weak, my thoughts turned flat,
Dad, Siblings, do you remember the Summer of 2008?

The smell of sunscreen, Still distinct in my brain,
The Mohave desert, scorching, driving us all insane,
We jump in the water, Those memories were so arcane,
This faulty camera in my mind is the one thing bringing me back.

Keeping me safe,
am I the only one who wants it back?
Those wonderful lovely innocent days?

The thoughts pierce my skin, like droplets of rain
I tell myself, all the time, maybe someday.

------------------
Crude_beats (14-07-2015)
Old 29-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #53
Crude_beats
Banned

Black Hope called Trinity sailed out of Annamaboa
Hoisting High the Colors of Jack Calicoa
John Rackham at the Rudder, The Dutchmans Bane
Together with Daisy Sharp, Bonnie Bartholomew and Mary Jane

Three Pirates and a Bottle of Rum
Playing on a Big Phat Drum
Hoist your Colors High, Hoist Them for all to see
A natural dark mystic Traveling upon the sea
Old 09-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #54
Crude_beats
Banned

"Watch this: Damascus undone as a city,
a pile of dust and rubble!
Her towns emptied of people...

Oh my! Thunder! A thundering herd of people!
Thunder like the crashing of ocean waves!
Nations roaring, roaring,
like the roar of a massive waterfall,
Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #55
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
Entropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MC
York
MC Status: 63087378

There was a young man from Madras,
Who had testicles made out of brass.
When stormy weather would crash,
His balls, they would clash
And music came out of his ass.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Seeing so many of my quotes in peoples Sigs makes me happy.
Entropy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Entropy
Crude_beats (05-10-2015)
Old 03-01-2016, 06:27 AM   #56
LiHiN-010
Analog Lurker
LiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to beholdLiHiN-010 is a splendid one to behold
Raleigh, NC
MC Status: 810

How many live, how many die
fear begs the question
the reason why
one million voices
begging for mercy
ringing out across the night sky
LiHiN-010 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to LiHiN-010
Crude_beats (04-01-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #57
Rakka Nova
Banned
Rakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant futureRakka Nova has a brilliant future
Queen Joker Trickster
MC Status: 1510

Huzzlas and Hokkaz
Zwaggaa Staggaa cloak a' Daggaa
With pink powedred punk Bazzokas
Cotton Kandy coming at yah
Rakka Nova is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:00 AM   #58
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

I'm in a chrysalis
About to take flight
So many demons and walls
Now behind my sight
Nothing can stop me now
Fear is cast aside
If you can't keep up with me
You will be left behind.
I've waited too long
Suffered for dreams not my own
I no longer can be contained
I'm reborn.
- Me, white wine and Moderat playing in the background
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
Crude_beats (17-06-2016)
Old 17-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #59
Crude_beats
Banned

I created you in my mind, then in poetry, art and music. I gave you a name, a face and I gave you a voice. One day you will exist as much as I do now.
Old 20-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #60
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

IF I HADN’T MET YOU

Who would I be if I hadn’t met you?
I assume there’d be so many songs that would no longer remind me of the way you taught me how to love.
The way you taught me to appreciate myself, and to be proud of myself.
Those everlasting, unchanging, timeless melodies would no longer remind me of the words you spoke to me.
That our love will last longer than their opinions of us.
And what is most important? Us.
Not someone’s opinion of us, and never the pictures they’d paint as if they knew us personally. As if they had lived in the guest room, and somehow knew what love meant to us.

Love is a staring contest,
Love is a first kiss,
Love is a mutual admiration of sketching, music, and each other.
Love is “I admire you and everything you are worth.”
Love is “I admire you more; I really love the way you write.”

Words that strike the center of your chest and make you want to scream, “Every palatable piece of writing in my up-and-coming archive was written about you! It’s funny you say that, that you love the way I write.”

If I hadn’t met you, I’d be an emotionless, bitter, hollow shell left with no one to write about.
All my sheets of paper would be spared from having my heart spilled out on them; an unaware, unintended show of mercy.

Our love is more than a sunrise or a sunset,
Our love is more than a cliche.
Our love is more than any words that I could write,
It is every melody in constant relay.
Who would I be if i hadn’t met you? Who would I have to thank?
I would be lost and confused and at the question, “What does love mean to you?”,
I would draw a blank.

Advertisements

------------------
Crude_beats (21-06-2016)