The Home Gardening/Pix of Your Garden Thread. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #21
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744033641
Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,546 Posts
Re: The Home Gardening/Pix of Your Garden Thread.

So I just started a new job recently and have the use of a polytunnel.
I was going to grow a few veggies at home this year but it's nice to have my garden at work and the tunnel.
So far I have a few varieties of tomatoes, chillies and bell peppers, and a friend donated some pumpkins and corn.
Unfortunately the floor of the tunnel is concrete so it's all in pots, but I'm not doing too badly so far.

Anyone else growing this year?
I'm getting really into the idea of breeding my own chilli and tomato varieties.
Going to go the opposite way to most people and try to bring heat levels down and sweetness up.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Roo Stercogburn (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #22
Khasai
Regular Freak
Khasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to beholdKhasai is a splendid one to behold
Daly City
MC Status: 710
Re: The Home Gardening/Pix of Your Garden Thread.

We've tried and failed a few times to grow tomatoes and peppers in our back yard. About the only thing edible we've managed to keep alive is a small basil plant in our kitchen. We're close to the ocean so there's a lot of sand in our soil which doesn't help, but really neglect is the most likely culprit. We have managed to keep a nice lawn most of the time though due to inheriting a drought resistant landscape from the previous owner and filling it out with succulents. I owe most of the greenery in my life to my fiance though, about the only thing I'm good at caring for is air plants, and that's because they basically care for themselves by absorbing what they need out of the air.

Advertisements

Khasai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote