Soundcloud is almost dead, what's next? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #181
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184610
Thanked 3,692 Times in 2,752 Posts
Re: Soundcloud is almost dead, what's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStumps View Post
..I actually had a song hit the top 10 on Hearthis, and I would contribute a large part of that to their chronological default method of browsing.
I joined when it first came out and had two ambient number 1s..but I think it had a lot to do with there not being many tracks in the ambient section at time.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #182
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I joined when it first came out and had two ambient number 1s..but I think it had a lot to do with there not being many tracks in the ambient section at time.
word "ambient" is in your artist name so if anyone just types in "ambient" when they're searching for a genre you might pop-up twice. you basically hacked the entire system.

also, I heard myspace ir pretty cool.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
A.M (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #183
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184610
Thanked 3,692 Times in 2,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
word "ambient" is in your artist name so if anyone just types in "ambient" when they're searching for a genre you might pop-up twice. you basically hacked the entire system.

also, I heard myspace ir pretty cool.

Ya know, that honestly never occurred to me until you just posted it here! It couldn't have been the tracks in question, as they weren't really my best and a bit rough..so I always just put it down to folks just checking out the limit offerings, if you know what I mean.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #184
SaneTBP
Minor Glitch
SaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to allSaneTBP is a name known to all
Espoo
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStumps View Post
There's a very simple reason for this:

When you upload a 320k mp3, interestingly, Soundcloud doesn't compress it down to 128k.
It won't play at 320 k, and will only stream at 128 k, but they won't touch your file.

When you give them your wav file, you're basically asking them to take your nice wav file and convert it, however they want (which is...crappy), down to MP3 128 k.

So...don't give soundcloud a wav file.
Take control of your compression quality and convert to 320 k MP3.

This is super helpful advice. When I looked up about uploading to SC, the advice I got that the bigger the file, the better the quality will be, but I think the quality has been a bit worse for the uploaded files (idk how much of that is something I THINK that I hear though). Will do that in the future, I guess!

Advertisements

SaneTBP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SaneTBP
TheStumps (09-11-2017)