PM From lolirl that I foolishly decided to share - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388199
Thanked 5,084 Times in 3,315 Posts
Re: PM From lolirl that I foolishly decided to share

Still not seeing any sign you've been censored, despite the accusation and the sheer amount of butt-hurt you're laying on everyone else while taking no responsibility for your own behaviour.

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
A.M (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #22
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Open Letter From A Mod

Aside from my serious posts above, I admit I had to laugh at the thesaurus/dictionary when I saw the example usage quote (from the thesaurus/dictionary):

"All tongues shall troll you. "
(it's the musical definition of "troll" (verb): "to praise or cellebrate in song")

So yeah, time for me to "Return To Bass"

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #23
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175276390
Thanked 2,703 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can see if a post has been edited. After a period of time at least. Or if it's been edited by a mod/admin. Right at the bottom in italics.
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #24
Dr. Sleaze
Microknight
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 3960

This is from your origanal post. Don't want to quote the whole thing.

"I edited the screenshot I posted above only to remove the mod's identity so they don't get flamed."

But you left the admin logo, and as there are only 2 that I'm aware of, one of which also has Artist and Supporter logos, it made it quite obvious who sent the P.M. If you really wanted to remove the Identity, you should of removed it all.
Now I don't know if there is a rule about posting up a P.M, but even if there isn't, it is extremely poor forum etiquette to post someone's P.M, whithout having first asked their permission, don't you think?
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #25
rewir3d
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3063969

Damn, I rarely come here lately but this thread in itself is annoying on multiple levels.
rewir3d is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #26
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
it is extremely poor forum etiquette to post someone's P.M, whithout having first asked their permission, don't you think?
That's very poor etiquette yeah.

But don't worry, I ain't sharing your dick pics.
Thanks to deadmau7
lolirl (06-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Icon6 Open Letter From A Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
This is from your origanal post. Don't want to quote the whole thing.

"I edited the screenshot I posted above only to remove the mod's identity so they don't get flamed."

But you left the admin logo, and as there are only 2 that I'm aware of, one of which also has Artist and Supporter logos, it made it quite obvious who sent the P.M. If you really wanted to remove the Identity, you should of removed it all.
Now I don't know if there is a rule about posting up a P.M, but even if there isn't, it is extremely poor forum etiquette to post someone's P.M, whithout having first asked their permission, don't you think?
I had avatars and signatures disabled in my user control panel settings for this forum. So when the image of the "trollface with admin" showed up, I assumed it wasn't an avatar, but just some kind of general use label that any of the mods or admins could have or have access to.

Today I relooked at the control panel settings, and I see that at the bottom there's an option for a profile "banner". I'm not sure what that is, and there's no forum option to block that as far as I know, but I don't use those, so I didn't know about that.

Also, I know that there used to be a function where donators got special image things too. So I thought the image was kind of like that and not enough to identify the user. I thought mods had a visual like that, and donators had a similar one, and anybody who didn't yet donate didn't have either. If I was wrong about that, OK.

I think you know alot more about that than me (the Artist and Supporter stuff you are talking about.

Sometimes I browse with ALL of THE images turned off, so I can just read and listen. That really cuts down page load times, and I'm more about good audio than studying people's avatars, so it wasn't strongly on my mind.

Also, the decision to edit out the mod's ID was an afterthought and I did it rather hastily since I spent a lot of time thinking through my text response. I figured if I didn't include at least some of the original PMer's profile data, people would claim it was faked, which it wasn't.

Nevertheless, those who hate the troll face might find it ironic that it's the person's profile image and that they are an admin.

As for the guy who claims that he's skeptical I was ever homeless, can't prove it without uploading personal infos related to my housing applications which included background checks or my medical records related to when it was very hot or very cold or when I was sleep deprived and exhausted (from having to wander almost 24-horus straight without any place to rest without people harassing me). It's actually quite common for homeless people to get harassed or even assaulted, especially by college kids. I've seen the law-enforcement articles.

Anyways, I'm not uploading my personal data; you guys know plenty about me from what I tell you myself and my IP info from the internet itself. Sure, I use some privacy / security measures when I'm on the internet, but it's not a perfect field as you'd know if you read stuff on the site https://schneier.com that I have posted in the past.

The mod's routinely don't ask permission to change my post titles and of naturally they don't ask permission when they close threads either. Asking permission to post a PM is irrelevant when the person's ID is not included. The PM didn't contain any personal information of the person who sent it to me, nor any of my personal information nor the personal information of anybody else. If any aspect of it had contained personal data, I wouldn't have posted it to the entire forum.

And if the admins really felt threatened by the post, they could've deleted it. But they didn't because it wasn't threatening in any way and of course it didn't violate any rules.

If they change the rules from here on out, they could do that, but the rules as they were during the original post weren't violated.

But some these mods / admins (not all) might be the type to blame somebody for breaking rules that don't exist, after modifying the user's posts without their permission, and then changing the rules after the facts to make the user look bad. If it were to happen to any of us, it would pretty much just another form of internet bullying.

And in the past, some mods have locked and unlocked and locked some threads while disagreeing with each other.

I'm not a mod nor admin, so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Also, sites aren't invulnerable to malicous hackers, so I don't even assume that when somebody posts something bad that it's coming from the actual user, mods included. That's why I'm not responding to any of the recent hostile heckling posts since it's in the wake of my posts being edited without permission in a failed attempt to make me look bad.

Fortunately, you guys aren't idiots either.
You can tell WHEN a post title has been modified according to the quoted post title in all of the reply posts BEFORE the edit occurred. Everyone who responded to this thread BEFORE the title was edited knows this, so they were witnesses. Everyone who responded to this thread AFTER the title was edited by somebody who was NOT me, was misled by somebody else.

And if you think about it, I wouldn't make up a dumb title like that.

I think some stuff can't be easily edited out either, depending upon the forum software type and version. Even if you yourself create your own thread, and people respond and you later decide to change the thread title as the original author, some forum software won't let you do it, or it will change, but all the replies still refer to the original thread title. So yeah, it was a lame failed attempt to make me look bad.

So meanwhile, everyone who actually read all two pages of my reply to the PMer and perhaps also my more recent posts... they would have a better comprehension of stuff.

Of course not everybody reads all of my other posts on the forum, whether lately or not. I have posted A LOT on the forum, so if you can't remember when people were messing with me, it's because you didn't read those. If you really want to do an investigation, have at it. I already told you all of my forum user names here. That's enough for you to do a forum search and draw your own conclusions.

Meanwhile here's what the Side Room banner says at the top of my computer screen today:

Quote:
The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.
Read other people's responses to me and occasionally I get insulted by other users, including by mods. I do try to be respectful and that's reflected by the compliments I gave as well as some concessions and also the lack of attacks on others and my attempt to try and keep the topic respectful.

The quote says "Strong debate is welcomed". By posting up the original PM, it was welcoming debate from the forum on the topic of the original PM, which is pictured in the original post and in my archive of the original post and in my archive of the original PM (which I didn't upload).

As for "insults and trolling are not" (welcomed), changing my thread title to something that would have been self-deprecating and self-contradictory and thus annoying or misleading to other posters and annoying for them,... that rule breakage was committed by whomever changed my thread title, since that's an act of "trolling" (meaning fucking with people) by most accounts if you think about it.

And so yeah, it kinda makes sense that the PM came from somebody with the internet meme trollface in their ID even though I didn't expect it to be linked to anybody in particular enough to identify them. There is more than one person who runs this site anyhow.

But if, theoretically, the main admin of the site wanted to bother me, (which has actually happened before by somebody else, to a minor extent), that has nothing to do with me--it has to do with them. But that person (in the past) doesn't bother me anymore, and we've exchanged some minor compliments to each other since then, a long time ago, now. I rarely even interact with that person anymore, but we both still have a presence on this site.

Other forum users who I used to have some friction with also don't bother me and I don't bother them either. We don't argue with each other and some of them even extended some messages of kind support and cheerful good natured-humor in a supportive way during times of extreme stress in my life. YES, I've been homeless several times, and have had some physical health problems and some other types of health problems and yes, my family treated me like crap.

As for the internet memes, I meant it when I said that I'll try to chill out from that since I acknowledged that the animated GIFs or LONG PNG comic strips might annoy people who read from cellphons. That's not a problem for me either. And for those whom it's still a problem, change your control panel settings to auto-shrink large images to dimensions of your personal choice. I find that 480x480 is a good threshold and I can still read the forum from a cellphone.

Also, as I mentioned, you can disable avatar and signature display to make it easier to read the forum while still being able to see images embedded in posts, since normal "legal" forum usage include people posting images too, not just for jokes or banners or avatars or advertisements.

And if you want stuff to flow even faster, if you're just reading stuff, you can disable cascading style sheets in your browser temporarily for whichever pages are just too "thick". It's also a good technique to be able to download images from some pages that try to block you from doing that. Many pages will let you download any visible image when cascading style sheets are disabled. I don't know of any modern browsers that don't have the ability to temporarily disable cascading style sheets (CSS).

Anyways, I'll be doing more creative work and doing more to fix up my new apartment (I'm not homeless anymore). So I might not be on the forum as much as I was during the time I was livintg with the meth whore freaks. I posted here a lot to get away from them; I'd leave the house a lot and go to a local wifi-hotspot with my laptop.

And yeah, if you read about which gear I use, you know it's not uber-expensive stuff. And when I do buy audio gear, it means I have to cut expenses elsewhere, even if that's food or clotiing or cellphone use. That's just how to manage a low-income budget without sacrificing all your creative interests (which can be expensive!). Also, I when I do buy audio gear, it's always in a modular way (in smaller increments of paying), so that in any particular month I'm not suffering extremely financially if possible.

I can back up everything that I do. I'm a no-nonsense person, and yet I do have a sense of humor too. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and I don't feel compelled to conform for the sake of conformity. A lot of other creative people are the same that way.
However, I'm not a rabble-rouser, not an instigator, and not somebody who gets off on other people's reactions to hostility. I don't enjoy confrontation (even though i don't fear it either). I don't seek a lot of attention, but I'm not afaid of some of it under certain circumstances (like in college classrooms). I don't do FaceBlank nor Twatter nor LinkedOut (names intentionally changed for humor). But since electronic music is on my mind a lot, and I enjoy digital image editing too, I come here alot.

I do understand that some people might get sick of me from time to time. Don't worry. I was brainstorming about that and I have an idea of a creative way for people to feel better where nobody loses. I will create a new thread about that later on and it won't be against the forum rules. (And if the mods nix it, then that's that, no big deal).

For those of you who hate seeing my long replies, you do realise, of course, that every time you try to get me to shut up with some kind of weak comment I will either ignore it or give a full-fledged reply or postpone replying until later. I might not ever reply, or I might give a much bigger, more thought-out reply than you can handle. So you are at the point of diminishing returns.

For everyone else's sake, however, after I've said quite a lot, I tend to step back so that the true thinkers and music-makers can resume getting back to activity that's more meaningful to them than back and forth trite bullshit.

Which is why I am going to playfully spin this later on, but not here, not now. And if I leave the site, it will be in style.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #28
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
Re: Open Letter From A Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
The mod's routinely don't ask permission to change my post titles
Remember in this case you also didn't get permission to post the private message and did it anyway.

Quote:
they don't ask permission when they close threads either.
Asking permission would defeat the point of a moderator being able to close a thread.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #29
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 154410
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,855 Posts

FFS

DAGGIT. STFU and move on.

Timmy, close that fucking disgrace. Now.
thom is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #30
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388199
Thanked 5,084 Times in 3,315 Posts
Re: Open Letter From A Mod

Quote:
I'm a no-nonsense person, and yet I do have a sense of humor too.
Glad to hear it. Have 2 days of no nonsense. I'm tired of the shite unsubstantiated accusations you post.

2 days suspension and thread closed. You've been warned about your tinfoil crap before. You want to throw shit at someone, by all means do so. But don't play poor-little-me when they respond.

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
lolirl (06-11-2017)
Closed Thread