FL Studio Tip & Tricks - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 26-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #221
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway
MC Status: 2810
Re: FL Studio Tip & Tricks

it's not in the FL help so here's a FL controller mapping formula for making a max and min on a knob (for use with a macro in the FL dashboard)

Quote:
0.5*(MIN+Input*(MAX/100)+Abs(MIN-Input*(MAX/100)))
MIN = the minimum slider value (normally just zero but some knobs have minus values)
MAX = the maximum slider value (you choose)

Advertisements

aLiner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #222
ALR7
Granular Poster
ALR7 is currently spamming hard
Panamá
MC Status: 10

Awesome post! Do you guys have any tips for creating those stutters on drums manually? Ive used the fl slicer a few times but ,at least to me, it doesnt give me as much freedom as cutting specific hits(kick,snare,hats,etc) from a drum beat manually and then paste it on the playlist. By doing so,im able to tweak the pitch,time,panning and shape of each hit, yet I would like to know if anyone has tips on creating stutters or glitches manually ?
ALR7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #223
p271singh
Learning The Ropes
p271singh is currently spamming hard

Ive used the fl slicer a few times but ,at least to me, it doesnt give me as much freedom as cutting specific hits(kick,snare,hats,etc) from a drum beat manually and then paste it on the playlist. By doing so,im able to tweak the pitch,time,panning and shape of each hit, yet I would like to know if anyone has tips on creating stutters or glitches manually ?
p271singh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #224
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR7 View Post
Awesome post! Do you guys have any tips for creating those stutters on drums manually? Ive used the fl slicer a few times but ,at least to me, it doesnt give me as much freedom as cutting specific hits(kick,snare,hats,etc) from a drum beat manually and then paste it on the playlist. By doing so,im able to tweak the pitch,time,panning and shape of each hit, yet I would like to know if anyone has tips on creating stutters or glitches manually ?
you can do a lot with audio in the arrange window, no matter how cluttered the audio looks It's worth it to manually slice it up in the arrange window. That's what you have to do in other DAWs anyway. Just zoom right in and edit the grid each time before you chop the audio and use the paintbrush tool to paint pieces of the audio depending on how you want to make the glitch sound
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #225
ALR7
Granular Poster
Panamá

Yep, thats what Ive been doing. Its incredibly fun and flexible to do it that way, yet I still need to learn to do some of the more complex stuff that many IDM artists use, which to me sounds like a combination of time and modulation effects mixed with very carefull editing.

An example would be Squarepusher-the exploding psychology at around 0:27 and 2:10. I know the track is suuper complex and that there are far more glitches happening, but i just focused on those two cause im honestly curious as to how could those sounds be recreated in FL studio.

It sound to me like he maybe sequences a straight forward beat and then automates a bunch of effects and modulations and even timestretching to achieve that, but I wouldnt know for sure.
Old 22-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #226
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
Galway

I think it's just about thinking outside the box and applying combinations of mixer effects to different areas of the waveforms, as well as doing granular resampling on pieces of the audio. Just resize and move the waveform in the arrange window, click the Dropdown on it and click 'make unique' and send it to a new mixer track
Old 22-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #227
ALR7
Granular Poster
Panamá

Thanks for the tips guys! I gotta try applying different effects to different shapes of the waveform in the mixer( Ive done it but in a much smaller degree) also, i gotta learn how to do that granular resampling bit. What does granular re-sampling does to a sample? I know re-sampling is basically re recording a sample adding a ew effect each time you do it but the granular part is what I dont get.
Old 28-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #228
pranavvjnair
Learning The Ropes
pranavvjnair is currently spamming hard
Mumbai

What are your opinion about FL 12 ??
pranavvjnair is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 03:10 AM   #229
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavvjnair View Post
I actually miss the old pre-12 step editor. I liked how it handled pitch and volume via the drop down menu. I thought 12 was going to be an improvement by allowing the step editor and the piano roll to be interchangeable, but unfortunately, they threw out the editing style that I liked.

I liked how you could make a rhythm and then go back and tweak the pitches and playback rates to get other effects. Also you could drop volumes down to zero to create gated effects for sounds with long tails. you cant do any of that in the piano roll and the step editor no longer has anything like it.

But other than that, I don't mind 12 that much. I kinda wish they hadn't moved some stuff around, but after watching enough tutorial videos i was trained again so it's ok.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2015, 03:22 AM   #230
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of light
Athens
MC Status: 460

Quote:
i like fl12 pretty much, although the edison is kinda weird i cant use it properly as i could at fl 10.

Also guys check out seamlessR tutorials he is pretty good great tutorials.
One of his tracks also comes with fl studio the ready projects!!
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #231
Buzz BassDesign
Minor Glitch
Buzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Quote:
FL Studio 12 is a monster, the interface is so good now, most of the plugins are scaleble.
The new update 12.3 with vectorial Sytrus is just driving me crazy for the waiting.
Buzz BassDesign is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #232
Buzz BassDesign
Minor Glitch
Buzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavleas View Post
i like fl12 pretty much, although the edison is kinda weird i cant use it properly as i could at fl 10.

Also guys check out seamlessR tutorials he is pretty good great tutorials.
One of his tracks also comes with fl studio the ready projects!!
SeamlessR for me is like one of my main influences, I learned so much about FM synths from him, I don't think there is anyone better than him at explaining it.
Buzz BassDesign is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #233
LuisEduard0
Learning The Ropes
LuisEduard0 is currently spamming hard
Celaya

I absolutely love it. The layout is nicer, in my opinion.
LuisEduard0 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #234
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsweeper View Post
I just played around with it for the first time (I had no idea patcher was even a thing), and it was awesome!

Until it crashed.
yea fl patcher great in theroy but you need a intel 6 core to get it to work properlly lol
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #235
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz BassDesign View Post
The new update 12.3 with vectorial Sytrus is just driving me crazy for the waiting.
Me too, I love the sounds from Sytrus, but man, I hated trying to program it on my high pixel density screen...it was soooo tiny. Grossbeat also gets the vector treatment, so I think the whole Signature version is now upgraded...have to check on that.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #236
zamponisound
Learning The Ropes
zamponisound is currently spamming hard
Barcelona

Great Great info. can't wait to drop this into my sessions!!! GRACIAS
zamponisound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #237
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8798

Anybody got a tip on how to make playlist stick with a clip size? I still can't really use modern FL with its playlist composition being shit, making everything that doesn't need to be big fucking giant. Small clips. No fiddling. All I want.

Edit: guess with version 12 the answer is just sticking main GUI to "100%". Doesn't look as stupid as it did before.

Last edited by jimmusician; 26-05-2017 at 03:15 AM..
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #238
peterparker
Regular Freak
peterparker is currently spamming hard

This is providing very useful information

Advertisements

peterparker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote