Does any1 else feel like "traditional synthesizer music" and Cheetah EP are similar?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 25-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781
Does any1 else feel like "traditional synthesizer music" and Cheetah EP are similar?

maybe its just me cause i've been listening mostly to these 2 albums for the past month or so but are they not both pretty minimalistic and have kinda a similar vintagey synth vibe?? idk, i just find it cool cause i'm not sure i expected that from either of them.

i feel like venetian snares is a little more mature with this album?? like, in a way that makes it a bit more like aphex twin, but obviously still very much his own thing.

this is me trying to talk to ppl about music like IRL ppl do cause i super duper don't know anyone who listens to the same stuff i do

Advertisements

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to crackmontage
PROton42 (21-03-2017)
Old 02-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to all
Sydney
MC Status: 610
Re: does anyone else feel like "traditional synthesizer music" and cheetah EP are sim

any 70's prog!

------------------
Please like my Facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicjurassic
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: Does any1 else feel like "traditional synthesizer music" and Cheetah EP are simil

I don't feel they're very similar in production, if not similar for the fact that they are both heavily Sequenced albums. Traditional Synthesizer Music is definitely Aaron going to town with the idea of a full hardware rack of synthesizers and I'm still not sure how Richard went about Cheetah (sounds to me a lot like tracker music?).

Now, I DO feel that Datach'i's System is very similar to TSM, and really hope that the Timesig label continues with the feel of these two releases + establishes live performances based on this.

Advertisements

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
crackmontage (29-05-2017)