Two lonely OSCs listening to radio static in an post apocalyptic wasteland
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 17-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer
Psychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MC
MC Status: 18647
Two lonely OSCs listening to radio static in a post-apocalyptic wasteland

Description: Weird Noise Synth

Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Changelog - V1.1
-------------------------
- added mod matrix connection to wrap and shape control
- fixed snap isolate on wrap control
- fixed wording
- polished snapshot bank
- added snapshot bank that someone send us using a 5-inch floppy disk <3

Last edited by Psychotronic; 20-07-2015 at 11:54 PM..

Advertisements

Psychotronic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer
Psychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MCPsychotronic is a savage MC
Re: Two lonely OSCs listening to radio static in an post apocalyptic wasteland

Sound demos:

Old 20-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer

v1.1 online
Old 23-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Opium
Microknight
Opium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud of
Strasbourg, France
MC Status: 1210

Too bad there are no answers to this post, it's pretty original and the aspect is really cool. It looks like a FallOut post-apocalyptic synthesizers.

The songs are pretty strange, I didn't have time to try it by myself but is it possible to use it for something different than ambient cinematic tracks ? Can it actually produce standard musical sounds ? (I think yes as it has basic analog waveforms and filters).

AHDSR is a pretty good thing too, and the matrix is really attractive too. I'm gonna give it a try this week-end for sure

------------------
Opium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 180710
Thanked 3,614 Times in 2,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium View Post
Too bad there are no answers to this post, it's pretty original and the aspect is really cool. It looks like a FallOut post-apocalyptic synthesizers.

The songs are pretty strange, I didn't have time to try it by myself but is it possible to use it for something different than ambient cinematic tracks ? Can it actually produce standard musical sounds ? (I think yes as it has basic analog waveforms and filters).

AHDSR is a pretty good thing too, and the matrix is really attractive too. I'm gonna give it a try this week-end for sure
Yeah..I'm one of those who read the OP and failed to post a reply. I downloaded this and tried it out..nice little sound unit to have on hand for FX and general sweetners on ambient tracks..well, that's what I'll be using if for, as well as using it as a standard synth.

Thanks for this..really cool sounds.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Psychotronic (23-07-2015)
Old 23-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium View Post
...is it possible to use it for something different than ambient cinematic tracks ? Can it actually produce standard musical sounds?
Yes. You can do that for sure. You just need to connect the midi in a more standard way using the mod matrix. Pitch routed OSC1 Freq and OSC 2 Freq. Env 1 used on Amp, Env 2 used on Cutoff., then you have a quite normal synth with 2 extra lfos for modding purposes.

This synth does not have this default routing because its design philosophy follows an older more modular approach. The 2 OSCs with the form unit are basically a buchla inspired complex OSC with wave shaping and FM. But they are modded in a way that they kinda emulate the overdrive possibilities a EMS Synthi A has for its OSCs. Also the first OSC can be tuned to LFO speed and is able to modulate the second OSC via wave shaping or FM. Additionally to that, the OSC connections have a feedback loop with a very short delay around the saturator units they are feed in, before the wave shaper merges the sounds of the two OSCs

This way it can produce pretty crazy sounds and weird noises.

As a general workflow advice, i can give:

Use the init patch and tune some crazy sound in.

Then try playing on some of the knobs and see what a modulation could do to the sound.

Then connect your mod matrix in a way to make these modulations playable. Also tune the unit in it self to the sound you dialed.

A hint regarding midi setup:

The midi input that you can route into the device using the mod matrix is set for a miditech midistart 25 keyboard. You might want set up the ensemble up for one of your midi controllers. (Especially the Ctrl 1 and Ctrl 2 input, the rest should work OOTB for all midi controllers in a way...)

To do this, click into the wiring screen of the unit and into the "mod matrix" macro, then down it into the "controller" macro. This macro holds all midi connections that can be routed. You can set the inputs there, if needed.

I might create a different midi routing that has a setup UI next month or so.
Thanks to Psychotronic
A.M (24-07-2015)
Old 23-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer

Btw. i'm open for bug reports and feature request of any kind. Bugs will be fixed if they are real bugs.

Features will be considered for one of the next releases, if they make sense in regards of the given build philosophy.
Thanks to Psychotronic
A.M (24-07-2015)
Old 21-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #8
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9810

beautiful, highly relevant to my interests. thank you.
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #9
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8560

nice, too bad its not vst

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #10
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 180710
Thanked 3,614 Times in 2,695 Posts

@ [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Have you developed this any more since you made the OP on here? Just wondering..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
Psychotronic
Digital Surfer

No, this one is feature complete. I started a new one with reaktor 6, but wasn't able to complete it till today.

Advertisements

------------------
(シ)// Reject all ambition to center yourself and find intuition. >> Homepage
Thanks to Psychotronic
A.M (23-11-2016)