[Chill IDM] 2:57 Am
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
redfive
redfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 881
[Chill IDM] 2:57 Am

I struggled with this one for a bit, trying to get it to sound right, and I've just listened to it way too much at this point. So I'm curious what others think of it. C&C appreciated.

Last edited by redfive; 25-05-2012 at 07:28 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
__________ __ _ __________ __ _ __________ __ _ __________ __ _

Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Art
redfive is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chill IDM] 2:57 Am.
Old 22-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
md5()
Minor Glitch
md5() is currently spamming hard
Newfoundland
MC Status: 10
Re: [Chill IDM] 2:57 Am

I really like it, the percussion is cool. Might have been neat to have a little ambient break in the middle, where the percussion drops out and comes back in again, but definitely not necessary. I like the bass sound a lot.

I feel like early AM track names are a bit cliche for this kind of music. Or maybe I've just happened to come across a lot of amateur IDM with these times as names.
md5() is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

Really liked the percussion work. Some hits were a bit too harsh for my taste though. The melodies are cool and all but I think that background atmosphere should change a bit more throughout. And I agree with ^, a part where the percussion dropped would be cool, it would give it more of a devastating effect, you know?

------------------
Effulgence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
redfive
redfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to beholdredfive is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the feedback md5 & Effulgence. I think you may be right, a rest would probably do well in there and break it up a bit more.

Well that's a shame to hear about AM track names. I guess it sorta was the first thing to come to mind.
Perhaps someone should make a collab album consisting of all the AM titled tracks in chronological order

------------------

Old 22-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
md5()
Minor Glitch
Newfoundland

Haha don't take the track name comment too seriously, it might just be the OCD part of me talking. I have often thought, "I can't name my track THAT", and then discovered that some other artist did use that name successfully.
Old 22-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
MobileOak
Microknight
MobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud of
Seattle
MC Status: 1260

Have you thought about trying to add some high-pitched record-scratch style glitches to it? Or maybe some static bursts? It feels like that would fit in really well with the dark theme you have going here. Really like the sound.
MobileOak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
redfive

Thanks MobileOak. I'll be honest, the record-noises would probably sound rad, but it's sorta hard todo now without it looking like one is trying to sound like Burial. IMO.
That gave me an idea to at least add some ambient-noise though in the beginning and end, I think it really helps swirl the synthetic pot.

md5: I still think that'd make a cool album idea

Last edited by redfive; 23-05-2012 at 09:12 AM..

------------------

Old 23-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
redfive

k. I tried some revisions. Basically added some subtle ambiance in the beginning and end, and added two silent breaks in the drumming that seem to work pretty well. Nice suggestions. I also did some filtering on the main melody at the end to change it a little bit up.

Last edited by redfive; 25-05-2012 at 07:28 AM..

------------------

Old 23-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
md5()
Minor Glitch
Newfoundland

Very nice
Old 23-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
MobileOak
Microknight
MobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud of
Seattle
MC Status: 1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfive View Post
Thanks MobileOak. I'll be honest, the record-noises would probably sound rad, but it's sorta hard todo now without it looking like one is trying to sound like Burial. IMO.
That gave me an idea to at least add some ambient-noise though in the beginning and end, I think it really helps swirl the synthetic pot.

md5: I still think that'd make a cool album idea
LOL - probably shows how out of the loop I am on cutting edge IDM, I had to google Burial, never heard of him before.

I've been listening to a lot of glitch recently to get some ideas, and some people are really over the top.

I like the changes here. It sounds good.
MobileOak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
Karmanistic
Knob Twiddler
Karmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MCKarmanistic is a savage MC
▌▌▌ ▌▌ ▌▌▌ ▌▌
MC Status: 617698

I like the title. Everything is cliche by now anyway

Something in a higher pitch is what I'm thinking too.

Maybe push those bell sounds up an octave or two

Advertisements

Karmanistic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote