[Experimental] Moss Blox - Shimmering Timber
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-05-2018, 01:16 AM   #1
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
[Experimental] Moss Blox - Shimmering Timber

Yesterday I was experimenting with my many field recordings. Inspired by asmr and binaural stuff. Though I'm not sure if it withstood the mastering process. I'm putting this under my Moss Blox alias for now. I'm not sure about many things so let me know if you have any advise or if I am off my rocker. Or if anything sounds bad or stands out too much. Mix wise I have no idea. Either way I hope you enjoy it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 11-05-2018 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Added player

Advertisements

beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Experimental] Moss Blox - Shimmering Timber.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: [Experimental] Moss Blox - Shimmering Timber

Changes for version 2 from what I can tell so far: -Dead hard drive click is way too loud -Also I will do a slight remix of the elements to avoid having to do any master eq to keep it a bit more natural, or at least minimize that issue -I may bring the synth up a touch while still retaining the asmr aspects, and eq the synth a touch to have it punch a bit if there is any open space that doesn't detract too much, from the original intent -I may experiment with loudness, dynamics seems to be a concern with trigger sounds, although the concept.. i'm not sure if it is lost at this point..tbd
Old 10-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522554

Quote:
Originally Posted by beigeboxgone View Post
Changes for version 2 from what I can tell so far: -Dead hard drive click is way too loud -Also I will do a slight remix of the elements to avoid having to do any master eq to keep it a bit more natural, or at least minimize that issue -I may bring the synth up a touch while still retaining the asmr aspects, and eq the synth a touch to have it punch a bit if there is any open space that doesn't detract too much, from the original intent -I may experiment with loudness, dynamics seems to be a concern with trigger sounds, although the concept.. i'm not sure if it is lost at this point..tbd

Yeah, master eq always seems to hurt a track, imo.

There's a lot of very powerful elements right now, and I am having a hard time telling if your conceptualizing or at a mixing stage. None the less, I like the choice of sounds you have going here, and how they are structured together.

Have you have tried doing some automated gain staging? Ie. automating where a track gets gain reductions, and amplified in other places. I think this track could use a bit of automated gain staging in certain areas.

Thanks so much for sharing and looking forward hearing where you take this!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch

Thank you, that is a good idea, I have only automated filters and some verb so far. My routing is setup perfectly to give that a try.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Nothing to add to what's been said already..sorry to say, other than I really liked this track. As already noted, your choice of sounds on this work really well and the arrangement is good, too.

Liked, reposted, commented and now following over on SC.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote