[80's esk] Brogner - Work Sucks
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-05-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 2160
[80's esk] Brogner - Work Sucks

Work has got me down lately, amount of drinking has increased slightly.
Recorded this all live, but, I quantized the shit out of everything so yup....

If anyone can tell me where the Drum sample is from I will give you props.

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [80's esk] Brogner - Work Sucks.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Naiqvist
Soundwave Mangler
Naiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MC
MC Status: 812406
Re: [80's esk] Brogner - Work Sucks

So the the drum fill before the main beat throws it all off tbh I feel like you could have added one more sample on an off beat (tom drum, crash etc.) and it would have flowed better. The melody has a sweet youthful quality too it. Bass synth is classic. You could also maybe add some automation to the frequency of the melodic synth to add more variation as well.
Naiqvist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiqvist View Post
So the the drum fill before the main beat throws it all off tbh I feel like you could have added one more sample on an off beat (tom drum, crash etc.) and it would have flowed better. The melody has a sweet youthful quality too it. Bass synth is classic. You could also maybe add some automation to the frequency of the melodic synth to add more variation as well.
The main melodic synth is a bit dry, Thanks!

------------------
Old 06-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
jakedrexler
Regular Freak
jakedrexler is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

First off, the whistling flute that plays directly in the beginning sound way out of place and doesn't really need to be there. The melody I'm hear from it sounds really basic and should be written with more tension or interesting rhythmically. Generally, the song sound really "cheap" and lacks any punch nothing really hits hard or sounds dancey (if that's what you were going for.) The song in general lacks any sort of tension to help make the release that much more satisfying. I also didn't feel any emotion attached to it. I guess it sounds happy but it kinda sounds like a kid's nursery rhyme. Your song's don't NEED to be just happy or sad. Everyone is capable of having tons of emotions so you can write a stressed song, an anxious song, an angry song, a chaotic messy song, or anything in between. With this song I felt no "connection" to the music/artist. If it's is about how your day job sucks I would have never guessed it was that without the title lol.

xoxo Jake
jakedrexler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedrexler View Post
First off, the whistling flute that plays directly in the beginning sound way out of place and doesn't really need to be there. The melody I'm hear from it sounds really basic and should be written with more tension or interesting rhythmically. Generally, the song sound really "cheap" and lacks any punch nothing really hits hard or sounds dancey (if that's what you were going for.) The song in general lacks any sort of tension to help make the release that much more satisfying. I also didn't feel any emotion attached to it. I guess it sounds happy but it kinda sounds like a kid's nursery rhyme. Your song's don't NEED to be just happy or sad. Everyone is capable of having tons of emotions so you can write a stressed song, an anxious song, an angry song, a chaotic messy song, or anything in between. With this song I felt no "connection" to the music/artist. If it's is about how your day job sucks I would have never guessed it was that without the title lol.

xoxo Jake

All of these ideas sound great! Thanks!!

------------------
Old 07-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #6
jakedrexler
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergnermd View Post
All of these ideas sound great! Thanks!!
No problem hope it helped you improve!
Old 07-05-2018, 12:17 AM   #7
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedrexler View Post
No problem hope it helped you improve!
Canít wait to hear your hard hitter tunes

------------------
Old 07-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #8
jakedrexler
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergnermd View Post
Canít wait to hear your hard hitter tunes
yea can't wait until I can post (ive just joined) thanks for the compliment and keep writing dope shit!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
HalfTrek
Minor Glitch
HalfTrek is a glorious beacon of lightHalfTrek is a glorious beacon of lightHalfTrek is a glorious beacon of lightHalfTrek is a glorious beacon of lightHalfTrek is a glorious beacon of lightHalfTrek is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I like it, a bit of 80's electro-fun for enjoying the morning sun

What i'm noticing:

- The flute sounds too loud, but my ears are hurting this morning..so maybe it is just my hearing. Do like it though, sure it's basic..but it's fun!
- I'm not sure about the harmonic relationship between the flute and the sound that comes in first. Sounds a bit off, but harmonics is one of my weaker points so i could totally be wrong here
- That break comes very sudden. Maybe move it up further in the song (and double the bit before adding some more elements) and make more of a transition?
- Background guitar sound coming in at latter fourth (also in back of the first couplet I notice now) sounds nice, could maybe be more prominent.
- Cool bass and 80's drums!

cheers
HalfTrek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #10
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfTrek View Post
I like it, a bit of 80's electro-fun for enjoying the morning sun
Cool! Thanks!

Quote:
- The flute sounds too loud, but my ears are hurting this morning..so maybe it is just my hearing.
I've really been focusing on mixing/ mastering for this one and idk I could dilute the lead with some reverb or add some sidechain compression to bury a bit, but as for overall loudness I thought it worked well but IDK!

Quote:
Do like it though, sure it's basic..but it's fun!
Thanks man! I am going to assume that by basic, it can also be said that it is easy for the listener to follow along, predictable, logical, and plain. To me I find the lead annoying catchy. I like basic though, its a good place to start and I as a song writer can slowly start to decorate, and hopefully keep the logical and easy to follow part.

Quote:
- I'm not sure about the harmonic relationship between the flute and the sound that comes in first. Sounds a bit off, but harmonics is one of my weaker points so i could totally be wrong here
The bass is not present right away, so the two leads playing together might not make as much sense harmonically as when the bass plays. when all 3 harmonies come together (Bass, Lead, and Backing harmony) they produce basic chords as they play separate notes on their separate lines.

Quote:
- That break comes very sudden. Maybe move it up further in the song (and double the bit before adding some more elements) and make more of a transition?
Good idea! I was afraid of over playing a basic melody so I wanted to switch it up right away

Quote:
- Background guitar sound coming in at latter fourth (also in back of the first couplet I notice now) sounds nice, could maybe be more prominent.
Same thing, I liked it for the rhythm but I did not want it to dominate the sonic space so I was a little shy with the track while mixing

Quote:
- Cool bass and 80's drums!
I agree

Quote:
cheers

Advertisements

------------------