[Electro House] ElectroMass - Acid Fluctuations
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492208
[Electro House] ElectroMass - Acid Fluctuations

Hey guys,

Pretty much finished this tune and I'm looking for advise on the mix. How's it sounding? This is the first tune I've made of this style and i'm digging it. Lots of fun with the acid sounds and screaming filter

Advertisements

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro House] ElectroMass - Acid Fluctuations.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965648
Thanked 1,196 Times in 920 Posts
Re: [Electro House] ElectroMass - Acid Fluctuations

It sounds pretty good to my ears mix wise. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Some areas sound a little harsh for like a second but then it balances out..hmm...don't really have much else to add in forms of critique.

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476208
Thanked 3,052 Times in 2,023 Posts

I love the attention to detail in your tracks, it's the one thing that always takes things to the next level.

Frankly I have nothing to add, the mix sounds really good in my "office" cans, the tracks is great and those pads are really lush.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I love the attention to detail in your tracks, it's the one thing that always takes things to the next level.

Frankly I have nothing to add, the mix sounds really good in my "office" cans, the tracks is great and those pads are really lush.
Thanks man. This is the first tune I made with the Volca Bass. It's so much fun to play with and has a surprising amount of different timbres. Totally worth the dollar. The pads were made in Reactor's Razor additive synthesisor, its a beast and has unique sounds.

Thank you to Br/ainfu+ked, appreciate the support.

------------------
Old 02-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
thefica
IDMf's latest spammer
thefica is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Nice! Love the Volca and overall the production is good. Minor niggle for me, I don't like the high end percussion, it doesn't quite sit right for me but it's not a big deal. Personally I find some speech samples in an Acid track often add some additional interest.
thefica is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

The intro sounds good! little percussion hit ssit well. I feel like its mostly there. . however the lo bass and kik are competing for space a bit. I would say solo the bass and kik and either take some of the boxy lo end out of the kik with a sharp eq cut and replace that space with the bass. The kik could tighten up giving space for the bass to bubble along . Maybe a little transient shaping ...increasing it's attack lessening the sustain. All an all its a cool track. with a few mix improvements i could be awesome

best of luck

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #7
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Great work man, love the percussion in the intro, modulation in this song is crazy always changing. overall love it =]
OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:24 AM   #8
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
The intro sounds good! little percussion hit ssit well. I feel like its mostly there. . however the lo bass and kik are competing for space a bit. I would say solo the bass and kik and either take some of the boxy lo end out of the kik with a sharp eq cut and replace that space with the bass. The kik could tighten up giving space for the bass to bubble along . Maybe a little transient shaping ...increasing it's attack lessening the sustain. All an all its a cool track. with a few mix improvements i could be awesome

best of luck
Very interesting. I actually increased the boxy low end in the kick as I thought the separation was too much and it was sounding too clinical. Maybe I boosted a tad too much, 2db off the top of my head. I'll revisit that and update later today. Thanks for the ears mate

------------------
Old 03-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Pretty good. It doesn't sound exactly like tb303, but does it have to? Not necessarily. I personally am addicted to the original tb303 sound (ABL2 is good for it), but getting this sound from other synths is always more creative. Keep it up and bring us more acid!
Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #10
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe Origin View Post
Pretty good. It doesn't sound exactly like tb303, but does it have to? Not necessarily. I personally am addicted to the original tb303 sound (ABL2 is good for it), but getting this sound from other synths is always more creative. Keep it up and bring us more acid!
Thanks man. Yeah i love the sound of the original TB303 but the volca bass does an ok job.

------------------
Old 09-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #11
samv
Regular Freak
samv is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The mix is good man, sounds really good. Good track, never bores

Advertisements

samv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote