[idm]xvf-uncertainty
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 30-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965648
Thanked 1,196 Times in 920 Posts
[idm]xvf-uncertainty

an experiment where i tried to synthesize some mr.devine type drum sounds, I probably could of played with the envelopes a little more..was going to save it for something else but not sure about it..anyways here..

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [idm]xvf-uncertainty.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493
Re: [idm]xvf-uncertainty

Hey bud, I'm not sure you were looking for some feedback or not. I like both sides of the coin. The ambient long playing part and the glitchy percussive stuffs. I almost feel like the two parts seem disjointed from each other.

Like possibly, the ambient part needs something playing at a higher rate, to go more inline with the glitchy stuffs. Almost like some sort of pluck.

If you're still working on it more, I'd love to hear it once you go back to it. Me likes.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:47 AM   #3
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Hey bud, I'm not sure you were looking for some feedback or not. I like both sides of the coin. The ambient long playing part and the glitchy percussive stuffs. I almost feel like the two parts seem disjointed from each other.

Like possibly, the ambient part needs something playing at a higher rate, to go more inline with the glitchy stuffs. Almost like some sort of pluck.

If you're still working on it more, I'd love to hear it once you go back to it. Me likes.
yea by all means feel free to rip it apart, anyways its better to have a second opinion as a reality check...I might go back to this...but the thing is I'm kinda running out of inspiration/motivation/ideas in general so...yea. Kinda undecided whether to scrap it, remake it, or to move on to something else.

------------------
Old 01-05-2018, 04:37 AM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

It can't hurt to use some sort of glue to the two main parts. I just feel like you could bring them together sparsely with even another intrument in the same vein as the longer instrument choice. Like a pluck.

Just somwthikg to play through out without grabbing too much energy. I like it bud. If you're done for now with it I would love to have the audio and try something myself if you wanted to send me a wav. Just to play with melodics.

------------------

Old 01-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
It can't hurt to use some sort of glue to the two main parts. I just feel like you could bring them together sparsely with even another intrument in the same vein as the longer instrument choice. Like a pluck.

Just somwthikg to play through out without grabbing too much energy. I like it bud. If you're done for now with it I would love to have the audio and try something myself if you wanted to send me a wav. Just to play with melodics.
sent you the stems via pm hopefully the link works

------------------
Old 01-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476208
Thanked 3,052 Times in 2,023 Posts

I think that as a song it's almost there, maybe sidechaining the pad to the kick or some other percussive element could gel them a bit more like bbb says.
Or maybe just a different equing of the main glitch part.
Also the percussive "tic" sound in the second part already helps bringing them together.

Overall it's coming together nicely

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
sent you the stems via pm hopefully the link works
Awesome man. I'll check it out the next time I'm noodling around.

------------------

Old 02-05-2018, 02:40 AM   #8
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492208

The start sounds lush. The evolving reversing transient sound is a little too disjointed of a rhythm for me to really appreciate it, although it sounds way better in the second section because of a more constant measure from the added percussive elements. The breakdown sounds nice and the hi-hat timbre is usual but works well on top of the soundscape. The mix in general sounds good but you could add more instruments. Maybe a melodic transient style thing.

Reminds me a little of Boards of Canada. Good stuff.

Advertisements

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote