[Dance/EDM] No method - Wasted Love (Tristan Carmichael Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460
[Dance/EDM] No method - Wasted Love (Tristan Carmichael Remix)

Hey everyone

I've recently done this remix for a track called wasted love. Its pretty much done with some fades and small edits i still need to do. I would like some honest feedback though. Does this track sound and feel right. ie does it have the groove to be a good club remix ?

Thanks for the listen

Much love!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dance/EDM] No method - Wasted Love (Tristan Carmichael Remix).
Old 22-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: [Dance/EDM] No method - Wasted Love (Tristan Carmichael Remix)

This isn't really my style of music, but I think I can safely say you don't have much to worry about with this one. In fact, I don't remember ever hearing a bad track from you on here, T..seriously.

That said, others might find fault with this somehow, but I think you're work here is done. Cool track.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light

Great production quality and mixing. Really dope and modern sounding. Inspiring. And it could be called done / ready to ship like AM put it.

The main vocal stem to me has that hollow sound that happens after reversing the polarity / cutting it from the main track. Degradation (Maybe that is simply how her recording sounded idk). The artifacts to me I would like if they were somehow minimized with effects or something. Maybe following her melody with a light synth could help and/or adding some pleasant saturation to her. Maybe doubling her up and layering a formant version in lightly.
It is not off putting but if you could make it better sounding that would be awesome.

Great work, love it.
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town

Thanks guys! I'm glad I'm not going crazy here. It's that feeling you have when you spend so much time on a track, you actually don't know if its even audible anymore haha.

Appreciate the feedback guys

------------------
Old 23-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 2160

You have a lot of talent, and I would love to see your work flow or how you come up with ideas. I would like the bass to be clearer or more present, because I love how the bass and pluck synth groove together. Great track man

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergnermd View Post
You have a lot of talent, and I would love to see your work flow or how you come up with ideas. I would like the bass to be clearer or more present, because I love how the bass and pluck synth groove together. Great track man
I pretty much start from the drop and the work backwards. In the past, I would come up with this cool idea and then the drop wouldn't really be as amazing. Bit of a anti climax haha

------------------
Old 29-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
TestSubjkt
IDMf's latest spammer
TestSubjkt is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Great track man. I like the pluck you add in at around 2:30 gives the track some added flavor. nothing more I can say man good track I enjoyed listening to it a lot.
TestSubjkt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
Cape Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestSubjkt View Post
Great track man. I like the pluck you add in at around 2:30 gives the track some added flavor. nothing more I can say man good track I enjoyed listening to it a lot.
Thanks man! Really kind words

------------------
Old 01-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
samv
Regular Freak
samv is currently spamming hard

The pluck melody and the Vocal FX from 2.30 on are great. I would push this forward in the track and use it more, maybe also on the second drop?

Cheers mate, great track
samv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #10
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
Minor Glitch
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany

Hey Tristan ... I think this is done ... It will be a great club track ... not really my style but you did a great job with that remix ... sound is absolutely fine and all seems well placed and mixed ... Thumbs up
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #11
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

nice remix i enjoyed that deep house sound

Advertisements

leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote