Any IDMf peeps going to Movement 2018 (Detroit)?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 14-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #1
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts
Any IDMf peeps going to Movement 2018 (Detroit)?

Heeeeeey,

Like the title says...anyone planning on attending Movement this year? Always willing to meet up with someone for a few beers and my crew is always looking to hang with new friends at a party.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
Outre Lights
Regular Freak
Outre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond repute
Detroit
MC Status: 4160
Re: Any IDMf peeps going to Movement 2018 (Detroit)?

Cool, it's usually a pretty good time! I'm from Detroit and used to go every year.

I just glanced at the lineup this year but nothing struck me as must see this year, and lots of my friends are bailing on the scene and Detroit in general lol.

------------------
Outre Lights is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Outre Lights
relic (25-04-2018)
Old 25-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outre Lights View Post
Cool, it's usually a pretty good time! I'm from Detroit and used to go every year.

I just glanced at the lineup this year but nothing struck me as must see this year, and lots of my friends are bailing on the scene and Detroit in general lol.
We are only going to Hart Plaza on Saturday early evening--side/after parties the rest of the time. The line-up didn't wow me at all either. We are going Saturday for the DnB (Hype b2b Hazard, Ed Rush and Optical). I also refuse to come to Movement and not catch DJ Godfather (also Sat.). Wouldn't mind seeing KiNK live, but not paying for a weekend pass just for those few sets.

Catching KiNK b2b Kevin Saunderson and DJ Minx elsewhere for much less money...

I love Hart Plaza but its kinda turned into festival bro dudes and bro hos who are really wasted and just rude. I spent the whole time last year just getting knocked over by ass hats that were too drunk/whatever...at times the smashed together crowds felt dangerous.

Last edited by relic; 25-04-2018 at 05:44 PM..

------------------
Old 25-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
Outre Lights
Regular Freak
Outre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond reputeOutre Lights has a reputation beyond repute
Detroit

Agreed. The American EDM boom the past few years has definitely had some pros and cons...

I've seen Carl Craig and Saunderson at clubs and Movement, and the club shows were so much better.

Hart Plaza is cool, but apart from the main "stage" it's really not designed well for lots of music and huge crowds.

I saw Autechre in an underground parking garage and the sound was brutally painful due to the concrete wall reflections.

It's funny though I also attend the Detroit Jazz fest ever year, and it also brings in a lot of questionable people haha. Then again that's a free fest...

Are you from the region?

------------------
Old 25-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outre Lights View Post
Agreed. The American EDM boom the past few years has definitely had some pros and cons...

I've seen Carl Craig and Saunderson at clubs and Movement, and the club shows were so much better.

Hart Plaza is cool, but apart from the main "stage" it's really not designed well for lots of music and huge crowds.

It's funny though I also attend the Detroit Jazz fest ever year, and it also brings in a lot of questionable people haha. Then again that's a free fest...

Are you from the region?
The first year I went to Movement I literally some how didn't know about all the other parties. The second year I discovered this and ever since have mostly gone to those...I'm from Northeast Ohio Akron/Cleveland area...so I feel like Detroit is brother city to where I live.

Yea, Hart Plaza is basically just too small for what they want to pull off with the festival. And the club/side party gigs are always more fun. I keep trying to convince my crew to bail on the main festival, but they are big DnB heads so...they need their fix! Anyway, I'm of the opinion over all the EDM boom has been good. Things will swing back underground a little here soon in a good way. I'd say the bottom is already falling out of the mega festival craze.

------------------
Old 25-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
Outre Lights
Regular Freak
Detroit

Some of these festivals just aren't made for cramped downtown environments. Now if it was all small time and locals names, like a street fest, that would be better imo.

Even some of the parties now are getting way too crowded and attracting a lot of unwanted people. But if you find some good ones post it here and maybe I'll make an appearance haha.

In 5 years time once all these riddim kids are past college and have to develop "normal" lives I bet things will change substantially. That plus DJ/Festival overload and the insane costs. Then again I could be wrong...

Detroit and Cleveland are remarkably similar cities in my experience. Still I've about had my fill of the rust belt and need to gtfo haha.

Ever go to Nelson Ledges? Now those festivals are perfect!

Advertisements

------------------