To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 16-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science

Has anyone else seen this? If there's been posts about it on here already..my bad, didn't see them. Anyway, just thought it worth posting up here and seeing what you guys think. Here's the main promo video..

..and here's a recording of the live-streaming online event that went out last month. It's just under 40 minutes long.

For those who don't know or haven't heard about this already, the whole thing was first reported on a while back in an issue of Rolling Stone mag, in an article that revealed that Tom DeLonge..co-founder and singer with Blink-182..was supposed to be having meetings with high-powered people in both political circles, as well as the U.S intelligence community..but nobody was sure why..

He also appeared on "The Joe Rogan Experience" Podcast...

People all over the net started shouting "scam" and "hoax"..then WikiLeaks revealed documents that not only backed up what he had been saying, but also "outed" those with whom he'd been having meetings and since then, many long-time members of the UFO community have rejected his plans and say he's just a profiteer out to make money.

Then he held the live online streaming "event" and got a lot of coverage as a result..and, it seems, investors..total amount invested at the time of writing this now stands at $1,972,521.00 from 1,828 investors, with shares being offered at $5 per share and a minimum block buy of 200 shares.

Personally, part of me really wants this to be a real thing that will become successful..but then part of me just keeps whispering "Cash grab" in my inner ear. I know there's both pros and cons for this..I've read a lot of both online over the week..and it seems whichever side of the fence you stand on this, there's something out here to validate your stance and beliefs.

By the way, the guys who appear in both vids are being referrred to by some online as those guys you see in the X-Files, meeting in shady rooms and plotting Aliens to save their own asses. In reality, they do seem to be well-connected in their various areas, but you can't help but see this as the ultimate "pension plan" for the high level guys who've recently retired..just like all those retired "whistle blowers" who've been frequenting the UFO convention circuit for years.

Here's another take on it all..

Last edited by A.M; 16-11-2017 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: Added another vid

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560
Re: To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science

But were the only lifeform in exsistance, as we were all built out of gods image his power and his love.

Last edited by joem; 17-11-2017 at 12:14 AM..
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
A.M (16-11-2017)
Old 16-11-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
But were the onby lifeform in exsistance, as we were all built out of gods image his power and his love.
http://www.idmforums.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=48

------------------
Old 17-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Artificer
Ghostly
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 38360

As much as I'd love for all this to be real and productive, I'm definitely leaning towards 'well meaning pension plan'. Things like this occupy the same space for me as start ups - long shot ideas where nine out of ten fail, and one out of a million actually stick around long enough make a marked difference in everyone's life. I'm guessing this will be big news in some circles for a couple months, then die down and just be a core group of people and supporters.

The big problem here is that interstellar travel all boils down to energy sources, and that doesn't seem to be what they're trying to address. Physicists have been saying since the middle of last century that given a large and efficient enough power source, we can go pretty much wherever we want in the universe. Instead of really putting money, time, effort and research behind that (also to the benefit of us stuck here on the ground), people like those in the video want a shortcut wherein some sort of breakthrough technology lets us endgame around that problem of sufficient energy. While things like 'warp drives' might actually be a thing one day, they likely will come after accessible, repeatable, sustainable interstellar travel, not before.

If there's intelligent life somewhere in the universe (and it's a foregone conclusion from a statistical standpoint), they're probably 1. not going to come to the uninteresting backwater in a part of the galaxy with no remarkable features 2. interact with a culture that can't get off their own planet for more than a day or two and 3. don't seem to have much interest in promoting their own self-interests. Given the technological advancement necessary for sustained interstellar travel and the sociopolitical ramification of that advancement, aliens showing up on Earth is the equivalent of humans interacting with a rock. That we think that aliens would give two shit about us or our planet is the height of arrogance and delusion.

Also, Tom Delonge sounds like everyone I've ever met who's read a bunch of things about science they're interested in, but has never sat through even an introductory physics class, much less has the math and fundamentals to really get at the thing they're talking about. His regurgitating shit about 'and you shoot an electron over it' and 'when you radiate it with terahertz it loses mass' shows he's exactly the sort of ignorant enthusiast to get suckered into something like this. The well-informed experts can dazzle him with a couple pages of dumb-guy math and some 'government secrets' and send him out to talk to Rogan.

Honestly, I could go on and on about the ridiculousness contained in those videos, but if you spend any time at all looking, you'll find that most of those insightful questions and super mysteries have either been debunked or explained over and over again. It's Occam's Razor writ large.

We already have a cheerleader for this shit anyway:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 02:49 AM   #5
A.M

@ Artificer: Yeah, I know what you mean..like I said, I spent the last week or so reading various takes and views on all of this..and you're not alone, trust me (..pun intended ).

Aside from the "Pension Plan and Book Deal" angle, there's also the "Project Blue Book 2.0" theory that's doing the rounds..that, as the last video I posted goes into, believes he's being played and used to spin out something on the public..for whatever their reasons might be.

But can you imagine..even for a second..if this IS true? If you forgot about that new Apple phone and bought a cheaper one instead and put the balance you saved into shares in this and it became the next Apple or Facebook?

And if it all fell flat and died..you still have that phone at least.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Artificer (17-11-2017)
Old 17-11-2017, 02:56 AM   #6
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906559
Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,147 Posts

Hmm... I don't know about all that.

But "The Academy of Arts and Science" is kind of an oxymoron.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 03:02 AM   #7
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Hmm... I don't know about all that.

But "The Academy of Arts and Science" is kind of an oxymoron.
Do expand, kind sir and tell us more.. :snob:

------------------
Old 18-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #8
Vault O)))
Buttcase
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
St. Augustine
MC Status: 54510
Thanked 1,090 Times in 715 Posts

I honestly have a lot of nostalgia for this whole 'aliens exist' stuff (hey, that's that song) and I hope he propels some of this bullshit back into the mainstream just for the sake of my own amusement. Somehow we switched from aliens to ghosts (seriously, like 90% of everyone I know believes they've had intimate encounters with apparitions, probably thanks to all of these fucking ghost TV shows), but I'm getting kind of sick of the ghost fantasy altogether. It's about time we return to crop circles, invisible planets, and 'mysteries' of the galaxy.

I have a full-blown alien obsession and probably always will, so I long for a day when people will tell me their 'alien in the backyard' stories again (instead of their ghost-in-the-bathroom tales) and I can buy into the fantasy for just one brief moment in time. With that said, none of this is real, but I applaud him for what he's doing.

(Obligatory)

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (18-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744041441
Thanked 7,480 Times in 4,628 Posts

You know it's totally fine to wait until the day after they prove aliens exist to get onboard with aliens existing?
Until then I'll hang on to my own money, thanks.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947631
Thanked 5,789 Times in 3,636 Posts

Could be cool but i knew about this endeavor years ago, having been a fan of Tom's music and liked his FB page...it's all well and good but until something is shown that puts any shadow of a doubt to rest, it's hard to commit money, especially 1,000 bucks to this thing.

I'll also put this out there...the guy's FB page, before all this - it's a clothing store. He sells shirts, hats, sweatbands, sunglasses. All of his posts are either cool guy selfies on the beach or selling stuff. I'll leave it at that.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
A.M (19-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #11
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110150
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Could be cool but i knew about this endeavor years ago, having been a fan of Tom's music and liked his FB page...it's all well and good but until something is shown that puts any shadow of a doubt to rest, it's hard to commit money, especially 1,000 bucks to this thing.

I'll also put this out there...the guy's FB page, before all this - it's a clothing store. He sells shirts, hats, sweatbands, sunglasses. All of his posts are either cool guy selfies on the beach or selling stuff. I'll leave it at that.
You're clearly already in the employ of the Reptilians.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #12
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post

Whatever about aliens and hi-tech prototype craft, you can't help but see this as a new way of taping into pop culture. I'm not 100% sure of how he's structured it all, but my understanding is it's going to be a total "closed shop", with all this "content" he's talking about being produced by his own chain of companies, from which this setup will license everything..meaning the bulk of any monies made with go right back to him, which a fraction actually reaching the shareholders.

I know that's just business and all that, but it still doesn't do much for his credibility if you ask me.

Still, I'd like it all to be true..but, as some of the guys have touched on already, with these people his jumped into bed with on this, it's far more likely this is just "Project Blue Book 2.0", with them playing him like a fiddle, to push whatever info and/or image they want out to the public.

------------------
Old 20-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #13
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560

its a fucking cult and a con lets be honest with ourselvs, watch everyone who decided to join get butfucked out there money.
It sounds like a real life version of that episode of the simpsons where they try to get people to go to mars.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Vault O))) (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #14
Vault O)))
Buttcase
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
St. Augustine
MC Status: 54510
Thanked 1,090 Times in 715 Posts

He hasn't reached kvlt status yet. It's still just a business until he decides to start housing desperate people out in the middle of nowhere and brainwashing them to do his bidding, etc

Where's your conspiracy now, Tommy?

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (21-11-2017)
Old 17-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #15
A.M

Seems Tom's made good on his promise and released two video clips that have been declassified for release to the public..those interested can find them here..just click on "Intelligence" in the top menu, where you'll find links to two clips, as well as a written report from the Pilots involved.

While they look like the "real deal",,espicially the one that shows the object accelerating out of frame to the left..I find it strange they didn't go with something more well-know to the public, rather than this relatively obscure 2004 USS NIMITZ incident. Plus, there's the memory of reading in WIDOWS, a book about Spies, the Cold War and C.I.A John Paisley (former deputy director in the Office of Strategic Research), that nobody ever leaves the C.I.A and that if they are involved in something, then they have an agenda and never is anything as it appears on face value.

In short, this all sticks to high heaven of something..and while those videos show something, we just don't know what we are looking at, despite what we're being told they show.

------------------
Old 17-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #16
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 174510
Thanked 3,490 Times in 2,079 Posts

Right.

You know what fucking annoys me? People who are all like "the gov/cia/DOD is all lies, conspiracy and deception always!!"... yet it is the same fucking lying people that these fucking alien-obsessed nuts expect the goddamned truth to come from.

FFS

I mean seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #17
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 174510
Thanked 3,490 Times in 2,079 Posts

I don't remember who it is I heard lately say something along the lines of "We need Critical Thinking 101 taught in elementary school RIGHT_FUCKING_NOW."

I never agreed more.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
A.M (17-12-2017)
Old 18-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #18
Sound--
Granular Poster
Sound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
You know it's totally fine to wait until the day after they prove aliens exist to get onboard with aliens existing?
Until then I'll hang on to my own money, thanks.
This. Right now it's up there with proving God exists. I have not had him appear to me yet so...
Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-- View Post
This. Right now it's up there with proving God exists. I have not had him appear to me yet so...
What??? You mean the "Big G" hasn't appeared to you yet? WOW..you must have done something really bad..he appears to all of us all the time..didn't anyone ever tell you that? Maybe you need to up your production skills or something before he'll show himself. You should try that.

------------------
Old 18-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #20
Sound--
Granular Poster
Sound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
What??? You mean the "Big G" hasn't appeared to you yet? WOW..you must have done something really bad..he appears to all of us all the time..didn't anyone ever tell you that? Maybe you need to up your production skills or something before he'll show himself. You should try that.
Haha. I'm on that. New ambition, didn't know my fate hung in the balance. :mayonesa:

Advertisements

Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sound--
A.M (18-12-2017)