Trip-Hop Net-Labels
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 29-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Indican Sound
Knob Twiddler
Indican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant future
Brighton!!!
MC Status: 1860
Trip-Hop Net-Labels

Hi Everyone

So my album is finally nearing completion and I'm now considering how to get it out there. Does anyone know of any good net-labels who release trip-hop/downtempo with a reasonably good following? I'v already had one release on Dusted Wax Kingdom but I recon I could find a label with a larger following. SOodoes anyone have any suggestions.

Alternatively; does the IDMF net-label release trip-hop? I was under the impression they are into releasing more electronic style music.

Advertisements

------------------
Keepin it real on the interwebz!

A Fine Time To Be LP Available now at http://dustedwax.org/dwk253.html
Indican Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #2
TNORTS
Minor Glitch
TNORTS has a spectacular aura aboutTNORTS has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: Trip-Hop Net-Labels

Would love to know this as well. Working on an albume at the moment.
TNORTS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6560

Was going to say Dusted Wax, but you have taken the words out of my mouth. I have to say, that is a great label though, being released on there would not be the worst thing to happen.

I notice that a lot of netlabels release trip-hop some of the time, but you are really looking for one that is dedicated more or less to the genre?
TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

I'm very interested in Trip-Hop/Downtempo as well. It's one of the best genres and I feel that it's largely underappreciated. I don't have any answers though.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532980
Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,870 Posts

I'm pretty sure the netlabel will release Trip Hop...how is it not electronic though?

Unfortunately except for the big names, Ninja Tune etc, not sure. Not to be a dick, but google turned up a few that had multiple hits in the top 20 or so...probably a good sign they appear more than once ;p

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote