Invisible Allies: New album on Aleph Zero - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 17-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #21
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC
MC Status: 65294596
Re: Invisible Allies: New album on Aleph Zero

Sammysong, there are also these two (same guy, different aliases) though I have a feeling you are already familiar with this music. So just in case...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

He also has one on AZ

The Mythematica album from my previous post is highly recommended by the way.

Advertisements

Orchidaceae is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Orchidaceae
Sammysong (18-06-2014)
Old 18-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #22
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country
MC Status: 4046897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidaceae View Post
Sammysong, there are also these two (same guy, different aliases) though I have a feeling you are already familiar with this music. So just in case...

He also has one on AZ

The Mythematica album from my previous post is highly recommended by the way.

Ha, the Mythematica album started out well, with downtempo/trip-hop and drum breaks, more so than Frederik Ohr and Invisible Allies. Slowly, it turned into an ambient/downtempo album, incorporating elements of Tipper, Welder, and Amon Tobin; I enjoyed the album, immensely. Another good recommendation, thanks!

Haven't listened to Eitan Reither, yet. Listening to Hibernation, now, which I have indeed given (only) a few listens.
Sammysong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #23
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysong View Post
Ha, the Mythematica album started out well, with downtempo/trip-hop and drum breaks, more so than Frederik Ohr and Invisible Allies. Slowly, it turned into an ambient/downtempo album, incorporating elements of Tipper, Welder, and Amon Tobin; I enjoyed the album, immensely. Another good recommendation, thanks!
No problem

Quote:
Haven't listened to Eitan Reither, yet. Listening to Hibernation, now, which I have indeed given (only) a few listens.
Try it!

It has a lot of depth and and rewards repeat listens.

Old 18-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #24
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

The Eitan Reither album I mean.

Though the Hibernation stuff is lovely as well.
Old 19-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #25
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country

It seems to be a rare release; can't find it anywhere in record stores. I'll have to purchase it online.
I've been sent a rather large collection of ambient, psybient, psychedelic dub, etc - with the likes of Androcell, Carbon Based Lifeforms, etc.
Old 19-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #26
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
It seems to be a rare release; can't find it anywhere in record stores. I'll have to purchase it online.
I've been sent a rather large collection of ambient, psybient, psychedelic dub, etc - with the likes of Androcell, Carbon Based Lifeforms, etc.
Which release seems to be rare?
Old 22-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #27
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Mythematica; as you previously suggested, is out of print; can't seem to place an order. Do you know where I could find it?
Old 22-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #28
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Mythematica; as you previously suggested, is out of print; can't seem to place an order. Do you know where I could find it?
Oh, that one, yes, CD is out of print. I got a copy a few years back and even then it was hard to find ---I got it from Juno, though I don't think they still have it.

I suggest this: if you really want to get the CD then try to contact the artist directly and see if he might has one left (these things happen sometimes -- sometimes artists even find a box of CDs they somehow forgot about) If he'll have a copy for you then you'll probably be able to pay via PayPal.

I guess you can find a way to contact him here:

Also, try to contact the label: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Also, you can try contacting this shop/label -- they used to have it in their shop and might be able to get you one. Worth a shot.

Let me know if you'll get one.

Good luck !

Thanks to Orchidaceae
Sammysong (22-06-2014)
Old 22-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #29
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Brillliant, thank you! I've contacted them and they'll have a look if there's one copy available in stock.
Would you say that the other artists are well worth listening to on the Minority/Quazi Delict label?
Old 22-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #30
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Brillliant, thank you! I've contacted them and they'll have a look if there's one copy available in stock.
Would you say that the other artists are well worth listening to on the Minority/Quazi Delict label?
No problem, hope they'll have one for you.

Regarding other artists, there's Floex on Minority. I'm not the biggest fan, but plenty seem to like his music, he has some fans in this forum as well. He also releases on Denovali.

Old 23-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #31
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Will check them out! But that aside, have you heard of Boom festival in Portugal? They seem to have a nice ambient/chilll-out line-up; even the most pioneering talents in the ambient scene. It's worth spending time going through the complete line-up to discover new music. Unfortunately, I haven't been and will not be going this year.

Advertisements