Fans of Evenings
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
AgainstTheLight
Learning The Ropes
AgainstTheLight is currently spamming hard
Philippines
MC Status: 10
Fans of Evenings

Hey everyone, new guy on the board.

I've recently started getting more and more into producing and I've always been a fan of Nathan Broaddus a.k.a. Evenings. I haven't seen anything about him here though... and I've searched. Neither have I heard much about him outside the records he's put out and the small amount of interviews he's done. Looking for fellow fans! Let's discuss his style and the wonderful world that is Evenings' music.

Any favorite songs? Mine are definitely Friend[Lover], Lo-velo and Geneve!

Much love to you guys! Hoping to have a great time on this board.

Advertisements

AgainstTheLight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: Fans of Evenings

You put this under ambient? To each his own, I guess! I'm a huge fan. Descending Coma has to be my favorite, but to be honest I haven't listened to them in forever. Turns out I still have 7 of their albums, so I'm definitely going to have a bit of a musical trip today! Thanks for reminding me.

I'll have to check out the tracks you've mentioned, most of the ones I have in my library have no title affixed to them. Fucking awesome music though.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC

No way, we both listening to different ambient artists called Evenings. I googled it, Discogs wins. Sorry about posting about the wrong guy in your thread!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
AgainstTheLight
Learning The Ropes
Philippines

Hey man! No biggie. haha! There's another artist working under the name Evenings? Link me to that stuff dude! I actually didn't know where to put Evenings since his style is so ambiguous. haha I wonder if he goes to IDMf too...
Old 07-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard

I'll have to check out Nathan Broaddus' evenings, too. Discogs has them both, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
on separate pages. Miles Haney ventures into the dark ambient territory quite a bit, and even into noise (not super harsh, but noise-territory nonetheless).

This happens a lot with bands using one or two words as their alias, but that's a weird coincidence nonetheless.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
AgainstTheLight
Learning The Ropes
Philippines

Haha yeah, I guess it is quite common. I'll check out Miles Haney when I get out of this damn office that blocks streaming. Thanks dude!

Advertisements