Ambient: Live vs. Solitary
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 14-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Poctop
Minor Glitch
Poctop is a splendid one to beholdPoctop is a splendid one to beholdPoctop is a splendid one to beholdPoctop is a splendid one to beholdPoctop is a splendid one to beholdPoctop is a splendid one to behold
Toronto
MC Status: 660
Ambient: Live vs. Solitary

For those who go out to ambient music concerts: How does the experience of listening to ambient music (with others) live compare with solitary listening?

Advertisements

Poctop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010
Re: Ambient: Live vs. Solitary

I have never been to a purely ambient concert (the closest would be [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
live), but I'm sure I would prefer to go alone.
Don't get me wrong I like going to concerts together, it can be really cool and fun. But music like ambient is one type of music I'd prefer to go listen to alone, I just wouldn't feel comfortable to drown completely in the music if there are others I know around me.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread something. That wasn't your question at all...

Well live would be much more powerful, I have been to some noise/ambient concerts and those are much better live than recorded. Mainly because it's a lot louder and you can see someone do stuff.
It depends if you like to listen to music completely alone or don't mind standing in a crowd of strangers.

Last edited by Nyul; 14-08-2013 at 09:36 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote