Need help from people who know chords!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 25-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
Kelowna
MC Status: 260
Need help from people who know chords!

Im looking to find the chords to Deadmau5's track "Community Nap", unfortunately I do not know how to play the piano yet or read music (learning but very slowly).

If someone on here who is familiar with chords or has a way of finding out which chords are in that track I would really appreciate it. I would like to do a cover of that song once I am comfortable playing piano.

Cheers,
-Mongrawl

Advertisements

mongrawl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010
Re: Need help from people who know chords!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Sounds like B, C#m, Aadd9 to me.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
Kelowna

I dont know if that link works Spiritos, it opens the website and I can see all the chords listed but it seems to be missing quite a few of them and they arent listed at the right time in the song.

Ill try those ones evelon and see how it works.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
electrodevo
Granular Poster
electrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MCelectrodevo is a savage MC
MC Status: 28451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Yes, that's it. The accents seem to change every now and then (some fifths, sevenths thrown in every now and then I think) but the core is that sequence on repeat.

------------------
BC|SC
electrodevo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
I dont know if that link works Spiritos, it opens the website and I can see all the chords listed but it seems to be missing quite a few of them and they arent listed at the right time in the song..
Could very well be. It's a dutch project that just left beta-stage so it's probably got some issues to straighten out but sometimes it can give you a headstart.

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
mongrawl
Granular Poster
Kelowna

Quote:

Im pretty much just looking up chords for the piano on google images and working off that, B is definitely the first one while im playing along with the song. However C#m doesnt sound right and from looking up Aadd9 I for some reason cant even find it. Any thoughts?
Old 26-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
Im pretty much just looking up chords for the piano on google images and working off that, B is definitely the first one while im playing along with the song. However C#m doesnt sound right and from looking up Aadd9 I for some reason cant even find it. Any thoughts?
C# Minor doesn't sound right? In what way?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I have no further thoughts.

------------------
Old 26-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
mongrawl
Granular Poster
Kelowna

Quote:
C# Minor doesn't sound right? In what way?

I have no further thoughts.
Nevermind Im a real derp, I was playing C# major... thats what I thought C#m is

C#m is perfect and thanks for the link, Im going to play through this and see if it works.
Old 26-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
Evelon
IDMf Artist

No problem. Glad to be of help and educative value.

------------------
Old 26-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
Sincock
Master of the LFO
Sincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 23251782

wtf is this doing in Ambient? fucking derp threads everywhere these days.

------------------
Sincock is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
robotrobot
Minor Glitch
robotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond reputerobotrobot has a reputation beyond repute
South Jersey
MC Status: 2595

it's a neat song
robotrobot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

you might want to look into instructional piano videos and/or books in order to be "ahead" of the song you want to learn. Alot of music theory about chors is just knowing how to read them. Right now you know how to play an Aadd9, but if I asked you a F#Add9 I don't know if you could play it right away. Learning about that stuff allows you to do stuff like "oh ok Em9#5 i never played this chord before but I know it would go like this"

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
GKM
Granular Poster
GKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of light
Tropical Cairns
MC Status: 460

I remember we had a book at Uni called "The geometry of music - Harmony and Counterpoint" I don't think I ever actually opened it?!

Advertisements

GKM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote