William S. Burroughs – IN DUB: Conducted by Dub Spencer & Trance Hill
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rσs, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 16-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC
MC Status: 65294596

Yeah, I know, it's not ambient...but this is the most suitable section of the forum to post about this release. And based on my experience in this section, there are some people here who will find this very intoxicating...

Excerpt from the press release:

Since their debut album the band have released five more studio albums, including the Clash tribute album “The Clashification of Dub”, plus a live album and a remix compilation with selective dubs by Victor Rice from Sao Paulo/Brazil.

Their new album celebrates William S. Burroughs and pays tribute his centenary, marking a new pop-cultural highlight in their work. With the official support and assistance of the William S. Burroughs Foundation in the United States, the band has succeeded in creating a heavy ambient masterpiece in 15 chapters.

They roll through dub landscapes full of heavy reggae grooves and extraterrestrial electro sounds, carried by pumping bass lines whose hypnotic power clears the pathway to the centre and gently caresses the stomach. Floating above the dragging, instrumental reggae cut-ups that gently drift into psychedelic territory, the artfully diluted grooves, breaks and virtuoso hints, and the majestic slowness of the riddims, rises the voice of WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS, beat poet, wanderer between worlds, junky supreme and counter-culture icon. His distinctive voice meets craggy soundscapes, harsh guitar chords and an acerbic Hammond organ which play off against each other in the mixing desk. Drenched in echo, the sounds in this dub treatment contravene the rules of space and time.

They leave behind a wonderful feeling of confusion where listeners can relax and respectfully accompany the soul of their travelling companion William S. Burroughs on the path to eternity - a highly addictive sound experience.

Out March 14.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I know I'm looking forward to it

Last edited by Orchidaceae; 16-06-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Advertisements

Orchidaceae is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541280
Thanked 7,007 Times in 4,979 Posts
Re: William S. Burroughs – IN DUB: Conducted by Dub Spencer & Trance Hill

Very cool : ) Will check it out!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Very cool : ) Will check it out!
The samples are a harbinger of a wonderful experience to come
Old 17-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Hey man, is there somewhere I can sign up for a newsletter or something to remind me of when this hits? I have no short term memory...lol...or will you repost?

------------------
Old 17-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

I will update the thread once it's out hopefully
Thanks to Orchidaceae
relic (17-02-2014)
Old 17-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidaceae View Post
I will update the thread once it's out hopefully
Right on man. I'm big into this kinda shit...Dub music plus Burroughs is like perfection ...

------------------
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Pao
Regular Freak
Pao will become famous soon enoughPao will become famous soon enough
Schopenhauer's Penis
MC Status: 110

Pretty fucking cool.
Pao is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

So good !!

Also comes in a really great digipak.

Pic from the band's facebook page...

Old 16-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Thank you for posting. I totally forgot about this. Loving that there is physical media...I will be buying mine soon!

------------------
Old 16-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

that's fun! Thanks for posting this

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

My pleasure

Here are a couple of interesting reviews:

Advertisements