ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 16-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #81
Unique Beats
Unique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 56114726
Re: Ableton Live Audio Exporting Problem

Are the channels set to Master as their output? When you export it will ask you what you want to export and a drop down list will appear listing all of your channels. Choose Master. Make sure your output is set to master on your individual channels and that should work.

Advertisements

------------------
Smell my cheese you mother!
Unique Beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #82
avenuerecs
Regular Freak
avenuerecs is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: 365 Ableton Live Tips

cool tips... thanks!
avenuerecs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #83
taylorfrank
Savage Mad Cunt
taylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 20112

^^ that sounds like the culprit...

------------------
taylorfrank is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #84
Fox
Fox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MC
Brussels
MC Status: 24820658

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

maybe

------------------
Fox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #85
Stas
Stas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MC
MC Status: 23406
Re: Ableton Appreciation thread!!

BUMP because of Permutated's latest thread on NI.

So I want to make thing an appreciation OR criticism thread. I know some people are probably tired of all the fuss around Ableton, and some people I know seem to think it's the only DAW out there. However, it's the only DAW I use and I do love it. But I don't want to talk about the DAW. I want to talk about the built-in stuff.

I only recently really got into Ableton's built-in synths and effects; I used to think it's sort of "second-class" and whatnot, and I was amazed at some of the things it's capable of. Generally, although most of the effects aren't very great, you can combine them to make really good things.

I love Operator, Tension and Collision - cheers to AAS for making KICKASS PM synths, and to Henke making a compact and user-friendly but rad FM synth. Not crazy about Analog, starting to prefer Synth1 for analogue-type sounds instead, even though it's not PM at all - anyone here that can teach me otherwise?

Sampler is great for its tweaking possibilities.

Drum Racks of course. I don't think I need to sing much praise here to anyone who uses them. Hell, racks in general are a great concept - even though they don't really count as "built-in stuff" as far as only instrument and effect units are concerned.

Of the audio effects, Corpus, Collision's effect clone, is a beast, especially for layering. There are things which do not excel. The new Overdrive just sucks balls. Never quite got to like Vocoder, but maybe I haven't used it properly. Not sure about Reverb. But using Compressor all the time (maybe I'm lazy).

I guess what I want to know is - do you fellow Live users have your favorite built-in things which you use in your productions? And which ones do you hate/ignore?

Last edited by Stas; 17-02-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Stas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #86
spidergod
spidergod has a spectacular aura aboutspidergod has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 175

I need to start looking into the racks a bit more.

I have used ableton (well the LE versions, now have full version of 8.1) for ages but have only just scratched the surface.

Have been looking at the puremagnetik racks, they look pretty good
spidergod is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #87
tekcor
Minor Glitch
tekcor will become famous soon enoughtekcor will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 116

ableton is very nice yes

@Keef Baker: with what reverb/EQ did you end up?

@Stas: i use filter deleay with clip automations on the filter frequenzys very much. i love this morphing dynamic sound you get on nearly everything if you do that
and of corse operator!
tekcor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #88
depaffect
Soundwave Mangler
depaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 853440

agreed, racks are brilliant.

haven't quite gotten anything special out of analogue or operator (only recently upgraded to suite) , but i love collision

agreed the overdrive plugin is quite poor. and the ableton reverb is horrible!

------------------
depaffect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #89
shotguns
Banned
shotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MC
MC Status: 5055099

..Whoa, maybe' it's time to make an Appreciation thread appreciation thread!
shotguns is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #90
spidergod

have been checking the demo sounds on the pure magnetik metalsphere and technosphere packs, they sound awesome

and for only $12

I am thinking of purchasing them very soon
Old 18-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #91
Stas
Stas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MCStas is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by depaffect View Post
and the ableton reverb is horrible!
Ahh, thanks. I was thinking maybe I was just using it the wrong way. Only very rarely am I even close to satisfied with what comes out of the thing.. Come to think about it, pretty much never really.
Old 18-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #92
MC Perm
MC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MC
A Sound Decision
MC Status: 7653065
Re: Ableton LIVE User/FAQ thread

Changing these into dedicated DAW User/FAQ threads so we have threads to merge new ones into.

Keep it clean.
MC Perm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #93
Stas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permutated View Post
Changing these into dedicated DAW User/FAQ threads so we have threads to merge new ones into.

Keep it clean.
Now, THAT's a good idea! Maybe we should stickie them so all the respective question go in there?
Old 18-02-2010, 12:51 AM   #94
MC Perm
MC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MC
A Sound Decision

I don't think that's necessary just yet, trying to figure out where the best place to put them would be and I'm trying to tag them appropriately since our tagging system isn't always %100 on point.
Old 18-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #95
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603
Re: ableton...looking for beginners guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustosus View Post
thanks a lot all i needed. But youtube surprisingly has less beginners tutorials on Ableton than you think.

By the way, Hi i'm Rusty! Been makin drum n' base on Acid/F-L for a while but just recently stepped up with the purchase of Ableton. If I find any more good video tutorials i'll post em here.
youtube has tons of beginner tutorials and if you cant find them, anr/or think they are too hard then you need to re-do the builtin lessons.

most youtube video tutorials on ableton live i have seen are very basic stuff and i have even been deliberatly looking for advanced tutorials.

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #96
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stas View Post
BUMP because of Permutated's latest thread on NI.

So I want to make thing an appreciation OR criticism thread. I know some people are probably tired of all the fuss around Ableton, and some people I know seem to think it's the only DAW out there. However, it's the only DAW I use and I do love it. But I don't want to talk about the DAW. I want to talk about the built-in stuff.

I only recently really got into Ableton's built-in synths and effects; I used to think it's sort of "second-class" and whatnot, and I was amazed at some of the things it's capable of. Generally, although most of the effects aren't very great, you can combine them to make really good things.

I love Operator, Tension and Collision - cheers to AAS for making KICKASS PM synths, and to Henke making a compact and user-friendly but rad FM synth. Not crazy about Analog, starting to prefer Synth1 for analogue-type sounds instead, even though it's not PM at all - anyone here that can teach me otherwise?

Sampler is great for its tweaking possibilities.

Drum Racks of course. I don't think I need to sing much praise here to anyone who uses them. Hell, racks in general are a great concept - even though they don't really count as "built-in stuff" as far as only instrument and effect units are concerned.

Of the audio effects, Corpus, Collision's effect clone, is a beast, especially for layering. There are things which do not excel. The new Overdrive just sucks balls. Never quite got to like Vocoder, but maybe I haven't used it properly. Not sure about Reverb. But using Compressor all the time (maybe I'm lazy).

I guess what I want to know is - do you fellow Live users have your favorite built-in things which you use in your productions? And which ones do you hate/ignore?
operator is incredible.
i use overdrive almost all the time and i have no idea what you are talking when you say that it sucks because it really doesnt :p
compressor is a given. utility on all tracks.
um, eq8

eq3 is very rarely used, so is the multiband compressor, but it happens.
vocoder is a beast too.

i rarely use analog though, mainly because operator does what i need. samples is incredibly powerful once you get deep in it, especially when layered up in racks and drumrack is just awesome.

reverb i use alot aswell. i have read alot of critique about the builtin devices in live but to be honest they are all great. when you rack them up you have a sonic playground like no other!

------------------
Old 18-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #97
MC Perm
A Sound Decision

Operator is quite good, deceptively simple. Can tweak forever in it.
Old 18-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #98
gbsr
gothenburg, sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permutated View Post
Operator is quite good, deceptively simple. Can tweak forever in it.
try racking it up with a couple of midi/audio effects.
trust me, you can easily waste a complete day with that.

------------------
Old 18-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #99
MC Perm
A Sound Decision

Ugh, don't say that, I waste enough time futzing on Reaktor lately, the last thing I need is more new shit to play with.
Old 18-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #100
spidergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tode View Post
There's this one [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

And GBSR himself has a very fine Live blog.

Thanks for this link, some damn good stuff.

just firing up ableton now

damn I really should be looking for a job

Advertisements