ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #181
djmacky
Learning The Ropes
djmacky is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread

good stuff

Advertisements

djmacky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #182
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 571251

hello,

i am trying to locate the library/deafults/slicing folder of Live 8 in order to put some slicing presets in it
i checked at where the default library is, but i think it's not what i am supposed to look for, runnin win7

i need to find folder as shown here, i guess

would you be that kind of helping me out

Last edited by slugware; 14-03-2011 at 07:51 PM..
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #183
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446483

I've never seen the slicing presets there in live. To be fair, I've never looked for them there.

I just crop whatever audio I want to slice to MIDI, right click it (ctl click on mac), and select "slice to MIDI". A menu will come up with some presets in it. Hope this helps!
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #184
CCtrl
CCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MC
MC Status: 5154519

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugware View Post
hello,

i am trying to locate the library/deafults/slicing folder of Live 8 in order to put some slicing presets in it
i checked at where the default library is, but i think it's not what i am supposed to look for, runnin win7

i need to find folder as shown here, i guess

would you be that kind of helping me out
I might be misunderstanding your question but if you go into the file browser on the right and switch the bookmark to library then you go into defaults>slicing and then you drop in your preset and that's it.
CCtrl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #185
megaman0217
Radial Developer
megaman0217 is currently spamming hard
Bellingham, WA
MC Status: 41

Hey, I'm having trouble taking a loop and throwing it on a piano roll so I can play the loop at different pitches? I've done it once before, but could never replicate the procedure I used. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, guys!

------------------
A Band of Horses - The Funeral (remix)

Boyz Noize - Shine Shine (remix)

http://soundcloud.com/megaman0217
megaman0217 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #186
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764252

put it in a sampler instrument first.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #187
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC

when you go for Slice to new MIDI track, you have that window which asks you what settings should be used,

the only available that i have in a drop-down menu is the built-in preset of Live, which has alterations as these : 1 Bar , Transient, 1/4 , 1/8, 1/ 16 ,etc.

check this out :

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

also, you could do your own midi-slicing presets, whatever you'd like 'em to be

what i want to do is to find that folder where those presets files are stored

and i'm stuck
Old 14-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #188
CCtrl
CCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MC
MC Status: 5154519

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugware View Post
when you go for Slice to new MIDI track, you have that window which asks you what settings should be used,

the only available that i have in a drop-down menu is the built-in preset of Live, which has alterations as these : 1 Bar , Transient, 1/4 , 1/8, 1/ 16 ,etc.

check this out :

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

also, you could do your own midi-slicing presets, whatever you'd like 'em to be

what i want to do is to find that folder where those presets files are stored

and i'm stuck
Its in the Live library. You should be able to find it quite easily using the bookmarks in the file browser. Are you trying to find the folder outside of live?

Edit: The live library should be located where you installed live. On a mac its found in application support. I don't know where it is on windows.

Last edited by CCtrl; 14-03-2011 at 09:28 PM..
CCtrl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #189
slugware
Master of the LFO

hey guys, issue solved,
after not having been able to find it, i read that the easiest way to solve this is to move live' library to an accessible folder ;>

thanks all!
Old 14-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #190
LinusBorg
Radial Developer
LinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MCLinusBorg is a savage MC
MC Status: 1429364

you can rightclick the "slicing" folder in the library and click "show in explorer" (or something like this, my version is german), and it will open the folder in Explorer for you
LinusBorg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 03:34 AM   #191
Silver
Radial Developer
Silver is currently spamming hard
VanCity

Does anyone know the hot key to quick scroll to the next bar when warping?
would make warping much faster....
Silver is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #192
Dinosaur
Minor Glitch
Dinosaur is currently spamming hard
Denver, CO

Is there a way to quantize turning audio effects on and off?
Particularly while playing live.

I.E. I have a beat repeat i want to start exactly at the 1 bar mark. I press it on 1/2 bar before that next bar starts, the beat repeat turns on and starts to function at the start of the next bar.
Dinosaur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #193
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
Is there a way to quantize turning audio effects on and off?
Particularly while playing live.

I.E. I have a beat repeat i want to start exactly at the 1 bar mark. I press it on 1/2 bar before that next bar starts, the beat repeat turns on and starts to function at the start of the next bar.
Add a beat repeat to the track. Make a copy of whatever clip you're trying to do this with and paste it below. Automate the on/off switch of the beat repeat by editing the effects envelope. Make sure the automation has the beat repeat on "off" on the original clip.

One way to do it.
Old 28-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #194
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269473558
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,990 Posts

Is any of use using Live's clip legato mode?
It sounds extremely interesting, but I always forget about it...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #195
Meta.
Meta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MCMeta. is a savage MC
Munich
MC Status: 60021920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Is any of use using Live's clip legato mode?
It sounds extremely interesting, but I always forget about it...
Never heared about it, tbh.
Meta. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #196
Silver
Radial Developer
Silver is currently spamming hard
VanCity

Quote:
Does anyone know the hot key to quick scroll to the next bar when warping?
would make warping much faster....
I heard it was Shift + up, but that's not working for some reason..

Anyone?
Silver is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #197
Tigres Libres
Regular Freak
Tigres Libres is currently spamming hard

Can anyone help me with audio routing within Live? I'm a somewhat new user, and I'm trying to record the audio thats coming out of a midi track to an audio track, but I'm having trouble trying to do this...Seems pretty simple to solve too.
Tigres Libres is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #198
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigres Libres View Post
Can anyone help me with audio routing within Live? I'm a somewhat new user, and I'm trying to record the audio thats coming out of a midi track to an audio track, but I'm having trouble trying to do this...Seems pretty simple to solve too.
Set up a blank audio track. Set the track input to the source you wish to record, in this case your midi track. Record arm the track, hit play. You can also set the audio out of the midi track to the audio in of the audio track, but then you will only hear output if the audio track is record enabled or set to input monitoring.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #199
Tigres Libres
Regular Freak
Tigres Libres is currently spamming hard

^what I meant was that I want to record audio as I play from a midi track. If I arm the audio track to record, I can't play notes on the midi track. The reason for this is because I doing a change to the vst on the midi track that I can't automate. thanks for the help!
Tigres Libres is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #200
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigres Libres View Post
Just freeze the MDI track, copy the frozen MIDI part, and paste it to an audio track.

Advertisements