breakcore 2017
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 14-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733536
breakcore 2017

post bandcamp or soundcloud of great breakcore of this year

Advertisements

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thanatos
metalzone2000 (05-06-2017)
Old 15-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch
Caoutchou will become famous soon enoughCaoutchou will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: breakcore 2017

Let's hope for a continuation of the small revival bump this year! :-D
Caoutchou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC

------------------
Old 20-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
thanatos
Master of the LFO

------------------
Old 18-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Wasteface
Minor Glitch
Wasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really nice
Brizzle!
MC Status: 410

Great tunes so far. Cant post URLS cause of post count but worth checking out, bit more ragga than the previous stuff -

hibiki-records.bandcamp.com/album/p-tay-ain-t-no-junglist-ep
Wasteface is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
depricode
Soundscaper
depricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MC
Birmingham
MC Status: 669133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoutchou View Post
Let's hope for a continuation of the small revival bump this year! :-D
Is breakcore dead? Honestly, I never stopped making it for myself all these years but at the same time I haven't followed it, or any of the artists that I liked, since about 2013 lol so I have no idea who's still standing and what the scene is like now!

------------------
depricode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
Wasteface
Minor Glitch
Wasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really niceWasteface is just really nice
Brizzle!
MC Status: 410

It's still got quite a following where I am, regular nights dedicated to it and such

Sent from this boxy little device that traps human minds..
Wasteface is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #8
depricode
Soundscaper
depricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MC
Birmingham
MC Status: 669133

Huh, good to know it's still alive somewhere! What about the "big" artists, you know the ones, who's still putting stuff out?

------------------
depricode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
thanatos
Master of the LFO

------------------
Old 26-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #10
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

going to a breakcore gig tomorrow, it wont die as long as we going at it.

I haven't listened to any in years tbh, will keep an eye on this thread.

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #11
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

New Igorrr album is coming in a couple of weeks but from the singles it seems like he's gone in much more of a metal direction than Hallelujah, which was very much (to me) a breakcore album.
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #12
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failsafe View Post
New Igorrr album is coming in a couple of weeks but from the singles it seems like he's gone in much more of a metal direction than Hallelujah, which was very much (to me) a breakcore album.
The single popped up on my release radar and I thought it was a pretty lame move. I thought Metal Blade was actually making an experimental move by signing him.

Oh well, maybe the album will be a pretty decent metal release nonetheless with occasional stutters and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
I see what you did there.

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch
Caoutchou will become famous soon enoughCaoutchou will become famous soon enough

Rumor has it that VSnares is finishing up a new one.
Old 16-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #14
memero
Learning The Ropes
memero is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany
MC Status: 10

nice one thanatos :-)
memero is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #15
thanatos
Master of the LFO

------------------
Thanks to thanatos
Muse-ic (24-06-2017)
Old 17-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #16
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch

He does it again! What a guy! ;-)
Old 19-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #17
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Yes Igorrr's done it again eh. After hearing the singles I was a little bit worried that it was going to be too metal-lead, but after hearing the whole album I'm happy to say it's still super varied. Yes the focus has shifted slightly more towards the live elements and less the crazy edits, but they're still all there in full force. Probléme d'émotion is a fucking storm, I know it's a slower track but fuck me I've never heard bass like that before. Houmous is just riotous good fun and then you have tracks like Robert and Apopothadimethyltriptaminophobia that bring back the intense drum parts and, in Robert, the excessive frantic edits too. Absolutely thrilled with this one and I really hope he can reach a wider audience with the new label, hopefully bring a live show together with even more live elements, that seems to be the next logical step.

------------------
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:08 AM   #18
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch

Agreed on what you say about the label; Ad Noiseam is dead anyways.
Old 23-06-2017, 11:03 PM   #19
thanatos
Master of the LFO

------------------
Old 24-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #20
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
I Igorrr

The progressions and that harpsichord on the second track -yes.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 24-06-2017 at 01:01 AM..

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote