Unofficial IDMf Xmas 2015 open genre compilation **DOWNLOAD NOW** - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 14-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #41
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384349
Thanked 5,007 Times in 3,262 Posts
Re: IDMf Xmas 2015 open genre compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
So should I set my limiter to what, exactly?
+25

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #42
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377567

I'll work around that just so that Muse-ic likes my track.

I intend to impress a lady with this one.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Focalized
Muse-ic (14-09-2015)
Old 14-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #43
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base

I don't think it would be hard for a bunch of us to submit a Souncloud track that is mixed well and at a relative equal volume to most tracks we hear today. Differences among ambient, noise and beat driven tracks might be a thing but maybe making that part of the track making process considered in its selection. Selection based on how they all mix together.

If you make an ambient track, you can make work well with a beat driven track, That should be part of the challenge.

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #44
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59310
Thanked 1,186 Times in 789 Posts

Just read the rest of the thread and wanted to add that I don't really master my tracks as I'm neither very proficient at mastering nor do I really want to be, lol.

Doesn't it generally make much more sense for one person to master them all so the album sounds consitent volume wise?

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #45
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base
Re: Unofficial IDMf Xmas 2015 open genre compilation

Mastering is a vague concept for electronic musicians I think.

Traditionally mastering takes mixes and makes them an album. Through equalization and volume control. Making a complex balance that forms an album.

For many of electronic and bedroom musicians mastering is just another step in mixing really. In that fine tuning your mix through EQ, compression, stereo spread and limiting. In the hopes of increasing loudness without distortion and alteration of the mix.

If I was to master a collection tracks for a compilation the first thing on my mind would be track selection. Excluding anything that stood out in a negative way. Be it groove or sonically.

My selection would have to have some bit of mastering EQ and limiting though. No mater how good the track it might have some seriously harsh tones you can't get around.

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #46
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744025241
Thanked 7,156 Times in 4,456 Posts

Sorry, I've obviously confused a few people by rushing into this without laying out exactly what I'm thinking.
I kind of wanted to gauge the interest.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
from a few years ago to get the vibe.
Changed the title to "unofficial".
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #47
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Sorry, I've obviously confused a few people by rushing into this without laying out exactly what I'm thinking.
I kind of wanted to gauge the interest.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
from a few years ago to get the vibe.
Changed the title to "unofficial".
Why not do it like Vlantis? Pick the best and submit it to the netlabel?

If you do not want to go that route that's cool too. Just an idea.

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #48
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Yeah could do.
Benwaa knows about this, so if he's interested he can always say so, but I didn't want to dump this onto his schedule for the holiday period.
Old 14-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #49
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

No worries, I'll send a few tracks over a bit closer to the submission date. As I said I have a few ones lying around that I haven't posted anywhere yet and will probably have a couple more by then.
Since I moved out of the city into the country side I seem to finish more projects

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #50
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

Cool i had that Little Drummer Boy track on that comp.

So we just make a decent mastered track for you to consider?

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #51
lolirl
Administrator

Yup.
Old 14-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #52
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

I'll work on my three or four cool loops up until the deadline.

------------------
Old 14-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #53
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

i am actual gonna make a track for this because i interpret thos as a serious competition. just letting everyone know.

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #54
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
i am actual gonna make a track for this because i interpret thos as a serious competition. just letting everyone know.
Gna rek u m9

------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE AIN'T DAD!
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grimbit
relic (14-09-2015)
Old 14-09-2015, 10:24 PM   #55
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53310
Thanked 1,066 Times in 762 Posts

this sounds fun, can i have another collaborator on the track who isn't a member on the forum, on the track? cool?
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #56
lolirl
Administrator

Yeah, that doesn't really bother me, so long as you're not passing someone else's work off as your own.

Also just got this from Benwaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa
also, the xmas not xmas comp you're doing. i just read through the thread quickly, if you want to make it official then do so.
Old 15-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #57
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53310
Thanked 1,066 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Yeah, that doesn't really bother me, so long as you're not passing someone else's work off as your own.

Also just got this from Benwaa.
alright cool - hes my roommate we're fucking around with a project ;p thanks and if you got the ok from the boss do it
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 07:12 AM   #58
lolirl
Administrator

I'm not going to call it official now, if we get enough good entries then I'll submit it.
Old 15-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #59
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Can every track have "(original mix)" appended to it?

/shitposts
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #60
lolirl
Administrator

More like unoriginal mix.
I'll get my coat.

Advertisements