IDMF Artist Collective Project - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 19-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #41
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: IDMF Artist Collective Project

Okay mine are up but...I went four over.

If anyone complains I'll do something about it but I didn't just dump a bunch of garbage in there without thinking. There are two full tracks stemmed out, each within it's own folder within my RFJ folder. The folders are named "Contemplation" & "Morning", two tracks from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
The stems are premaster, of course, so on their own they're a bit quiet but nothing that can't be sorted with utility or a limiter.

One of the tracks has six stems, the other has seven, and I couldn't resist including single drum break I programmed that I think is pretty sweet for posterity sake. That one is in my RFJ folder too but it's all by it's lonesome, you'll see if you have a look.

All folders and files within each folder are marked with a name and BPM.

I think it's important to note when grabbing anyones samples be sure and COPY them out of whatever folder you take them from. Otherwise if you just move them (click / drag) they'll no longer be there for the next person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Dropped 10 in ... hopefully what people are after ?
Grabbed all of yours. Haven't heard them yet, confident they're solid.

Last edited by RFJ; 19-10-2014 at 06:09 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #42
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
No worries, personally 10 was just a starting guideline, if someone is close to it, that's fine.

Also good point about the folders and samples and that someone could screw things up if not careful. For this reason I am going to make another backup folder with a copy of each just in case.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #43
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Id say it makes sense to have one restriction on the tracks being made in this thing;
Use instruments and fx as you like, but samples have to be from the collective map, no number limit but nothing thats not in there. So yeah i might like to jump in. When did you want the collective map to be 'filled and finished' so to speak?

------------------
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #44
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Okay great, thanks muse-ic.

Question: say I wanted to start something with the samples I grabbed from MFXxx. Are there any composition guidelines I should be mindful of?

Were we talking about waiting a week for stuff to get uploaded for the official start or is it a free for all from now?

------------------
Old 19-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #45
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitez View Post
Id say it makes sense to have one restriction on the tracks being made in this thing;
Use instruments and fx as you like, but samples have to be from the collective map, no number limit but nothing thats not in there. So yeah i might like to jump in. When did you want the collective map to be 'filled and finished' so to speak?
Good idea. Right now we are just getting samples loaded up. Originally we were not going to start loading samples until Nov 1 but everyone seems to be ready to go so I think I will leave it open for everyone to load samples until Nov 1, and give others a chance to join in.
Old 19-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #46
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Okay great, thanks muse-ic.

Question: say I wanted to start something with the samples I grabbed from MFXxx. Are there any composition guidelines I should be mindful of?

Were we talking about waiting a week for stuff to get uploaded for the official start or is it a free for all from now?
Feel free to get started but I think it might be nice to allow a larger window to add samples so others can join in as well. So people can join in and add samples up until Nov 1.

yone I like the guideline to only use submitted samples, as @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
suggested, but free to use any instruments, effects, etc.

Sound good?
Old 19-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #47
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360

I'm making all my samples at 140BPM. Is that alright? Also - I PMd you the email. Feel free to add me I've already started on the samples. Do you guys need/want drum/synth samples or just whatever?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #48
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
I'm making all my samples at 140BPM. Is that alright? Also - I PMd you the email. Feel free to add me I've already started on the samples. Do you guys need/want drum/synth samples or just whatever?
I sent you an invite- you need to check your email and accept the invite to the folder. Just add samples you like and think sound great.
Old 19-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #49
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Feel free to get started but I think it might be nice to allow a larger window to add samples so others can join in as well. So people can join in and add samples up until Nov 1.

yone I like the guideline to only use submitted samples, as @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
suggested, but free to use any instruments, effects, etc.

Sound good?
No problem, I can wait, probably better that way.

I like the rule too. Make it hard and fast (that's what she said) no drum samples, DAW included or not, less they come from what's being provided.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (19-10-2014)
Old 19-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #50
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360

Submitted all my samples. Included a little text doc titled "read me" as well. Figure it'd give a little insight on things just in case. This will be fun looking forward to the next phase of this.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #51
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

Just as a note. I've added the drum parts individually today : kicks, snares, hats.

Think it will make things a little more user friendly...I hope. Takes my subs over 13 if an issue tell me. Im sure it's fine.

No more tweaking of the pack unless anyone has an absolute issue with any stems.

Grabbing some others now...nice to see the folders growing.

Peace

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #52
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Just as a note. I've added the drum parts individually today : kicks, snares, hats.

Think it will make things a little more user friendly...I hope. Takes my subs over 13 if an issue tell me. Im sure it's fine.

No more tweaking of the pack unless anyone has an absolute issue with any stems.

Grabbing some others now...nice to see the folders growing.

Peace
No problem at all. I am sure they will be put to good use.
Old 20-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #53
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446483

I'll try to get a sample pack together within the next couple of days.

Quote:
@everyone I like the guideline to only use submitted samples, as @twilitez suggested, but free to use any instruments, effects, etc.

Sound good?
I like this. I haven't used any of my synths in forever because of the beat battle guidelines. We should open it up a bit for this. I propose that we should be able to mix in some of our own drum samples too.

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to surgeongeneral
Muse-ic (20-10-2014)
Old 22-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #54
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14710

So I've been following this whole idea and it's a pretty cool idea.

I was thinking about contributing but I might get bogged down in some other projects I've got going on. I like keeping the samples meaningful and not just a boatload of stuff to wade through but..

Are drums getting uploaded? What about a collection of one-shots you've made? Cheesey drums?

I've seen drums, no drums, blah blah throughout so I was just curious. I've got all of the drum machine sounds from my R8M (808, 909, CR-78, DR-110 bonus) all trimmed up and ran through the Lo-Fi of my 404. I've also got the internal rhythms from my Roland D-10. They're all one shots and I was wondering if that's the sort of thing this project would be interested in but that does add up to 191 individual samples...

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #55
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

^Yes, drums please. I included drums with mine and so did MFXxx. Not sure what else is in there because I haven't looked since the weekend. My drums are stems, I believe MFXxx did us some one shots. II'd love to have the drums you mention for this project.

------------------
Old 22-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #56
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Sounds cool. You can never get enough drum samples. If you could perhaps organize them into folders so they are easier to look through? We are using dropbox so you can divide them into smaller folders. About how big will the total files be?
Old 22-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #57
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14710

Oh snap! Fun!

I've got to label the D-10 sounds but all of the R8M sounds are labelled and numbered; something like 01 R8M 808Kick, 02 R8M 808Side, etc. So you could just drag and drop them into a drum rack or something and they'll lay out decently to start. I work on an MPC1000 anymore so everything is trimmed up like whoa! I'm pretty sure all 128 samples might weigh in right at 2mb - MPC life yo.

Also bank A is 808, Bank B 909, Bank C CR-78, Bank D DR-110 with miscellaneous samples in between.

Muse-ic, I'll PM you my e-mail.

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to JMagee
MFXxx (22-10-2014)
Old 22-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #58
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Sounds great yo!
Old 22-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #59
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

I agree with the scope of what's being submitted drum shots would be nice.

However, what I was intending to do was to use various samples from all the sources. A hybrid selection, so if one folder has no drums can use drum or other stems from other folders. Is this acceptable? A compendium of sound

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #60
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963098
Thanked 1,145 Times in 881 Posts

uploading mine,all drums and sounds are literally named

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote