Mixing & Mastering Project - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #41
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: Mixing & Mastering Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
That's actually the opposite of what I had in mind tbh. The idea is for at least a couple of people to have a go at mixing a track so that the song writer can compare and contrast a couple of people's versions and give feedback on what they like and don't like and why they might prefer one mix over another.
In that case I'll take @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
;'s stems too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
i'll find an older project in a day or so and upload some stems for it if anyone wants to have a go at the mixing. it'll be nice to see the difference to what i do
Please sir.

Last edited by RFJ; 01-07-2014 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Additional quote added

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #42
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts

Give me a couple days to do the work to get a zipped package ready and I'll throw a song up on dropbox.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:06 AM   #43
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

Quote:
That's actually the opposite of what I had in mind tbh. The idea is for at least a couple of people to have a go at mixing a track so that the song writer can compare and contrast a couple of people's versions and give feedback on what they like and don't like and why they might prefer one mix over another.
Yeah I was kidding, obviously I can't call doing a song, better to get multiple versions. If I ever use 1's instead of !'s, that means I'm being sarcastic.
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #44
Benwaa

Ok, so here's the stems i promised for people to have a go at mixing/mastering with them.
I'm not going to post the original track here as i think it's important not to have any influence on your approach from my end, or as little as possible.
All the tracks are in 48000/24bit and they have been taken out of their groups, any processing besides creative need is also removed. So no eq, no compression, no reverb on the drum tracks other elements and no bussing/grouping at all. nothing on the master bus either. That's all down to you.
The only thing i couldn't remove is the overall track gains as some of them are automated and i didn't want the rigmarole of undoing it all. so i guess the gain staging is almost there for you.

I hate to say this bit here, but i also guess it has to be said: anyone in possession of these stems does not have any permission whatsoever to remix, alter or use the samples in their own work. All samples and sounds in this pack remain the sole property of myself, benwaa, Any posting of the track you do, please have the respect to credit my work when you do.
When naming your track for this, please call it IDMf Mixing and mastering practice (benwaa's track) Sounds shitty i know, but as this is rather public i feel it all has to be said

anyway, here's the rar file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

it's 410mb rar'd up, and 1.94Gb unrar'd

edit: the rar file inside the archive is an updated version of that stem as it was reporting an error for some on extraction. so just replace the relevant stem with that one

Last edited by Benwaa; 03-07-2014 at 03:50 PM..
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #45
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024319

Quote:
Ok, so here's the stems i promised for people to have a go at mixing/mastering with them.
I'm not going to post the original track here as i think it's important not to have any influence on your approach from my end, or as little as possible.
All the tracks are in 48000/24bit and they have been taken out of their groups, any processing besides creative need is also removed. So no eq, no compression, no reverb on the drum tracks other elements and no bussing/grouping at all. nothing on the master bus either. That's all down to you.
The only thing i couldn't remove is the overall track gains as some of them are automated and i didn't want the rigmarole of undoing it all. so i guess the gain staging is almost there for you.

I hate to say this bit here, but i also guess it has to be said: anyone in possession of these stems does not have any permission whatsoever to remix, alter or use the samples in their own work. All samples and sounds in this pack remain the sole property of myself, benwaa, Any posting of the track you do, please have the respect to credit my work when you do.
When naming your track for this, please call it IDMf Mixing and mastering practice (benwaa's track) Sounds shitty i know, but as this is rather public i feel it all has to be said

anyway, here's the rar file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

thanks!
i will have a go at this when i get some time. ive always wanted to have a go at mixing somebody elses work.

can i also use them for a remix?

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
Old 03-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #46
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744025041
Thanked 7,152 Times in 4,453 Posts

Nice one Ben, thanks for volunteering the first track for this man.

Quote:

This should become standard practice too.
We could probably shorten it to IDMf MMP ... etc for filename size restrictions.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Old 03-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #47
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
can i also use them for a remix?
lol, have a reread.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #48
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

Quote:
Nice one Ben, thanks for volunteering the first track for this man.

This should become standard practice too.
We could probably shorten it to IDMf MMP ... etc for filename size restrictions.
perhaps it should be added to the first post that all content remains the property of the uploader and cant be sold, must be credited e.t.c.

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
lolirl (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #49
lolirl
Administrator

You know what I've just realised?
If we keep this open and unrestricted on upping your version of the track then eventually there will be a few for people to choose between to use as a reference when trying their version. Sure copying is frowned on in the creative world, but in this case it could be very helpful to some people.

Last edited by lolirl; 03-07-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Thanks to lolirl
Muse-ic (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #50
lolirl
Administrator

Quote:
perhaps it should be added to the first post that all content remains the property of the uploader and cant be sold, must be credited e.t.c.
Yep, on it.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
Benwaa

Quote:

also link each post with stems in, in the OP too?
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
lolirl (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #52
Parricide

Quote:
lol, have a reread.
hahaha oh yea
although he cant stop me from remixing them, as long as nobody else hears the results

but other people listening is kind of the point in music

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
lolirl (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #53
Parricide

Quote:
also link each post with stems in, in the OP too?
yea that would save a whole lot of scrolling

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
lolirl (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #54
lolirl
Administrator

Quote:

Hey Ben, just got this message on unrar:
CRC failed in IDMF MIxing skillz\Vocal1.wav. The file is corrupt
Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #55
Benwaa

is that the only one?

EDIT: can't recreate it myself
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #56
lolirl
Administrator

Yep. Seems like the others are fine.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #57
Benwaa

ok, here's another link for that stem for you lolirl, the new zip of it has been added to the original rar file too

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
lolirl (03-07-2014)
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #58
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

Here's my thing, Rikki Sho already has it, anyone else care to try to mix this horrible noisefest of a song?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

good luck...

Last edited by Tsachi; 04-07-2014 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: GOOD LUCK
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tsachi
Old 11-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #59
Benwaa

anyone done anything yet? any more stems?
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #60
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533030
Thanked 6,842 Times in 4,871 Posts

I've been following this project...want to get involved by providing stems and having a go at mixing and mastering some of the projects. Shit is just crazy right now. I'll get at this as soon as humanly possible, great Community Center project though!

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote