IDMF Artist Collective Project - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 21-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #81
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: IDMF Artist Collective Project

Definitely made some headway tonight, not sure where it's going but at least there's movement. Using Lug's and Muse-ic's samples atm.

Really liking Lug's actually.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #82
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

thanks, rfj! I'm glad it works for you

I'll have to try and work something out, haven't even touched it yet. I've been getting late on my other imperatives, but there's always an hour or two for music

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
Muse-ic (21-11-2014)
Old 30-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #83
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
thanks, rfj! I'm glad it works for you

I'll have to try and work something out, haven't even touched it yet. I've been getting late on my other imperatives, but there's always an hour or two for music
i've procrastinated this so badly i haven't even started yet

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:37 AM   #84
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Man has it been a busy 30 days! Lets keep going, don't stop, and start if you haven't! Personally I need a few more weeks. I've hardly had time to sleep with this new job.

Make music people!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #85
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

First off @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; I'm really going to try and listen to those tracks you posted sometime this weekend. Been meaning to but like Muse-ic I've been busy too. Busyband forgetful if I'm being honest.

Secondly @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; yeah I totally agree. Been meaning to come in here and ask for a proper extension actually.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (06-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #86
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446483

I've given this an honest crack a couple of times and the results have been TERRIBLE. I need to start from scratch. I haven't forgotten about this, but a couple of people have contacted me about random projects and I might not get anything together soon. I'll give it another shot when I can but if not, I hope I can participate in the remix portion of the project.

My bad, the internet.

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #87
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

Thanks RFJ. I appreciated my musical skills are not upto a players mark, but I hope I've created something for the imagination or ears.

Started on the Beat Battle 8 stems last night...lebeux has left a tricky submission. Going to have to try and extract something from those and see what comes up.

Have to say there are some interesting and very useful samples in this collab project.

The drum machine hits particulaly useful and nice for the vault and some great bassline, hit in there. The kid toys hits was something I didn't expect to use and from my own I managed to get a new direction and actually completed the track with thanks to the piano submission. Tried to use at least a little something from everyone. Started out with the intention of a conceptual 1 linear track over the time of an album, but ended up diversifying to 'what I call' an e.p.

Goes to prove collaboration works (I hope)

PS Any feedback be most grateful if you can take 5 mins out.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
RFJ (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #88
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

^Listened to the set just now. Love that fourth one

Seriously though they're all solid pieces. The most focused, to me seems to be the last one. Kind of a very full on / NIN vibe you've got going on in that one. As to the fourth one I really like what you've done with what's going on in the background. It really gives everything a nice sense of space. All the tracks passed my car test with flying colors man.

Great work indeed. I'm really impressed you were able to bang out five tracks in such a brief period of time. Now I'm inspiredto finish my track and will chip away at it some more tonight.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
MFXxx (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #89
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
^Listened to the set just now. Love that fourth one

Seriously though they're all solid pieces. The most focused, to me seems to be the last one. Kind of a very full on / NIN vibe you've got going on in that one. As to the fourth one I really like what you've done with what's going on in the background. It really gives everything a nice sense of space. All the tracks passed my car test with flying colors man.

Great work indeed. I'm really impressed you were able to bang out five tracks in such a brief period of time. Now I'm inspiredto finish my track and will chip away at it some more tonight.

Thank you for the kind words...wouldn't have achieved anything without everyone's contributions.

The Re-Entry track is probably themost focused as not all sample based, evolved from the piano sample and expanded via some zebra bass and a couple of leads from omnisphere and synthmaster. Still not sure about the overall balance of the parts and still undecided on the bassline (sound/patch) but maybe revisit it.

The NIN comparisson is a great comparisson, one of my early inspirations in the 90's along with The Orb, Prodigy and Chemical Brothers to name a few.

Looking forward to other peoples submissions....get too work people

PS Nothing gets posted until I've listened back in car and on in ear headphones.

------------------
Old 12-12-2014, 03:44 AM   #90
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

MFXxx ^^^Which piano sample are you talking about? I'm going to listen in a few minutes.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #91
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Any updates or achievements to share with the project?

------------------
Old 02-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #92
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Yeah, how is everyone doing? I am sorry I have been a terrible host. When we started I had not started my new job. I had no idea how demanding it would be.

If everyone could update their status and lets renew this, make a final date.
Old 13-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #93
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Any updates or achievements to share with the project?
i like life in a fish bowl

------------------
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
MFXxx (14-01-2015)
Old 13-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #94
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

I have no excuse, in fact, I've been avoiding this thread. I have half a tune done that i never finished. Not really sure why. Started messing around with other things, got distracted, and never went back to it.

Maybe I can finish it soon or just slap a fade on it and upload.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
MFXxx (14-01-2015)
Old 14-01-2015, 04:14 AM   #95
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Yeah. I didn't expect to start a new job and be so busy. In fact when we first started I signed the papers just a week later. I have been so busy I haven't had much time to sleep let alone make something. I would really like to continue this. What if we let it lie until after FAWM, so it doesn't interfere with that, and then pick this back up in March? By then I should be adjusted. I am finally starting to breath every day and my anxiety is going down a little.

THoughts?
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (14-01-2015)
Old 15-01-2015, 03:08 AM   #96
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Yeah. I didn't expect to start a new job and be so busy. In fact when we first started I signed the papers just a week later. I have been so busy I haven't had much time to sleep let alone make something. I would really like to continue this. What if we let it lie until after FAWM, so it doesn't interfere with that, and then pick this back up in March? By then I should be adjusted. I am finally starting to breath every day and my anxiety is going down a little.

THoughts?
march of the penguins is fine by me

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
Muse-ic (15-01-2015)