[Piano] Untitled Piano Piece
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts
[Piano] Untitled Piano Piece

Short one too. I'm not Burt Bacharach so this might not be some stellar shit or great time keeping or even the right chords but I tried.

Might use it for an outro on an EP I've got brewing. Used some hysterisis and tape noise effects in there, and I'm considering running this through my VCR to get an idea of what that sounds like.

EDIT: 2nd iteration with an added piano bassline (root notes copy/pasted an octave lower)

Last edited by Numerical; 15-02-2013 at 06:46 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Piano] Untitled Piano Piece.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts
Re: [Piano] Untitled Piano Piece

dat was nice brah brah

rel tlk.

but u didnt drop the bass?

wtf?
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin

There's abass drop every two second. BOOM BOOM BOOM can you hear that slap? Can you hear that clap?

------------------
brumski
Old 15-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
There's abass drop every two second. BOOM BOOM BOOM can you hear that slap? Can you hear that clap?
but wheres the rata tat tat, and the shlippiddy shlap, and the vocal "come on bak" ?

also where is the generic "drop____" samplez tht tell me a drop gonna happenz?
Old 15-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7560

I dig the atmosphere. It somehow sounds like it's been put through the skream distortion in reason, which sometimes makes things a little thin sounding. I think it needs some more low end and resonance, it's minimalistic way sort of requires that grandiose fatness the piano has, so I'd try and recreate that as much as possible. Great playing!
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

oh but seriously, I dont mean to derail your LB that isnt cool.

I like it man, I feel the distortion from the effects werent as great as intended, maybe if it was like a rhodes or softer piano? as this one feels like it wants to have alot of body, and what 7 said.

also is that a real one or electric, vst?

anyways againz, its good, It reminds me of bx3's playing and a bit of BoC(if it was softer)
Old 15-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 105850
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,368 Posts

Sure man -try the VCR. Why not right? Can imagine someone talking softly in the background through this one.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #8
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
oh but seriously, I dont mean to derail your LB that isnt cool.

I like it man, I feel the distortion from the effects werent as great as intended, maybe if it was like a rhodes or softer piano? as this one feels like it wants to have alot of body, and what 7 said.

also is that a real one or electric, vst?

anyways againz, its good, It reminds me of bx3's playing and a bit of BoC(if it was softer)
No big deal I dont mind a derail. Anyway yeah I did keep it subtle there's not too much tape stuff, just maybe 8% out of 100 on the dial. But another thing is that I didn't do any eq boosts at all, just a hipass and the piano is PianoOne, which is sample-based. Cool, I dig bbbbbbbbb's tunes and Boards of Croatia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Sure man -try the VCR. Why not right? Can imagine someone talking softly in the background through this one.
Ha might happen. Dunno why I wanted to dirty it up like this, but yeah it seems like it could use some distant weirdness in the background.

------------------
brumski
Old 15-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

ok here's a new iteration, I copied all the lowest notes and pasted them an octave lower, maybe that helps fill out the bass. Also added another different synth that's a plucked sine, not very noticeable but still there and adds a slightly different attack to it.

------------------
brumski
Old 15-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
ok here's a new iteration, I copied all the lowest notes and pasted them an octave lower, maybe that helps fill out the bass. Also added another different synth that's a plucked sine, not very noticeable but still there and adds a slightly different attack to it.
Sounds more live man, has a nice ambience, only thing I could complain from here is the piano itself for the long release but other than that, sounds good, Are you planning to add more or keep it human?(I mean by a backing track to accompany it, or if you are going to add notes that are unrealistic from a pianist playing ability, ect.)
Old 15-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #11
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

hmmm long release? Well on the vst it's nearly set to 0, a pretty negligible amount, maybe too much sustain though? That's pretty high. There's no decay setting btw.

Yeah it's pretty much just going to be an outro to a doom metal EP I have nearly finished, not a whole song or anything so I want to keep it fairly simple with no backing beats.

------------------
brumski
Old 15-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
hmmm long release? Well on the vst it's nearly set to 0, a pretty negligible amount, maybe too much sustain though? That's pretty high. There's no decay setting btw.

Yeah it's pretty much just going to be an outro to a doom metal EP I have nearly finished, not a whole song or anything so I want to keep it fairly simple with no backing beats.
oh yeah, makes sense

I remember seeing a pic of you with the 3 in 1 fan I think you play bass/guitar?

sounds pretty sweet, dude, like, is the EP with a band you had the pic with or is it like a solo deal?
Old 15-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
PeterBeckhart
Radial Developer
PeterBeckhart has a spectacular aura aboutPeterBeckhart has a spectacular aura about
Orange County, CA
MC Status: 160

I like the chords and the ambient idea to it a lot! This is right up my alley.

I might suggest looking into another Piano VST sound that is a little more real? This one sounds really bright, and the texture of the piece here sounds like it should be dark and less punchy. The attack of each note sounds like it's somewhere between an acoustic piano and a Honky Tonk piano.

Might also suggest messing a little more with the note velocity. Choosing which notes to bring out more and which ones (usually the middle) to dampen more. It will probably clear up the sound for where the bass and melody are.

Really cool ideas though, the chords are GREAT

------------------
My most recent track:

Check out my soundcloud here:
https://soundcloud.com/beckhart
PeterBeckhart is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
futuresoundproj
Radial Developer
futuresoundproj is a jewel in the roughfuturesoundproj is a jewel in the roughfuturesoundproj is a jewel in the roughfuturesoundproj is a jewel in the rough
NJ
MC Status: 310

I don't like PianoOne very much, but you made good use of it, props.
futuresoundproj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7560

hmm it still needs to be fatter i think. maybe bump up the low end in eq a bit? cut the highs a little, but maybe warm up the mids. compress the low octave roots, i dont know. it can be more doom than this brutha. but that's all nitpicking, it's pretty epic as it is.
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060

The tune itself is nice. Though I'm not a fan of the distortion. You could maybe run it through the VCR and then play one recording (the original or the VCR one) as the mid and the second as the side. IDK how it'll sound, bur I guess it's worth the try. I'd loos the distortion anyway. Cheers!

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Thanks guys, I'll take all the suggestions into account. Can't mess with this until later. @Sapling: Yeah solo project, sort of, but I am working with a vocalist from Ontario. I will post it in the member release forum even though it doesn't have much in the way of electronics (just choirs and this piano thang). Cheers!

Advertisements

------------------
brumski