May Album Writing Month (MAWM) 2014 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #41
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744041041
Thanked 7,472 Times in 4,627 Posts
Re: May Album Writing Month (MAWM)

Yeah, it seems I'm late to the party already anyway, oh well.
As you wish guys.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #42
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Yeah, it seems I'm late to the party already anyway, oh well.
As you wish guys.
Actually, lolirl, I think your idea about not posting is a cool one and could help free up some time for everyone, as Relic already touched on..and I'd be more than happy to go with that, if that's better for everyone.

I can still post up a number of version of my track at the end of the month, so everyone would still be able to see how things progressed in general..that is, if they were interested enough to sit through the resulting 4 hours worth of music.

But, having said that, I've already posted the first leg of the project and could hold off posting anything else until it's all over..either way is fine with me..just say the word.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #43
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

Yes. If I wasnt clear in my last post here, I am more for the idea of the month-end track bombing.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
A.M (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #44
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Yes. If I wasnt clear in my last post here, I am more for the idea of the month-end track bombing.
Cool. Now perhaps somebody needs to post it officially here and PM everyone taking part, so we're all on the same page. Otherwise it's will all go south pretty swiftish.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #45
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

I'm game for this, now everyone needs to commit to no procrastinating!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
now everyone needs to commit to no procrastinating!
Unless you can slap my wrist with a ruler through the internet, good luck

------------------
Thanks to relic
Muse-ic (04-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #47
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Cool. Now perhaps somebody needs to post it officially here and PM everyone taking part, so we're all on the same page. Otherwise it's will all go south pretty swiftish.
There is no official with QAWM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #48
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476358
Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,025 Posts

I might go back to Renoise for this, I miss messing around with commands...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #49
A.M

Quote:
There is no official with QAWM.
Sorry..I don't follow you..what's the "Q" stand for..and although it may be an informal members event here on the forum, everyone still needs to know the format to follow..otherwise folks won't know what their expected to do. Some will end up posting regularly..while others will post at the end of the month.

I mean, why suggest the end of month thing in the first place if you're not going to be take charge and tell people this is what we're going to do? Maybe I've totally misunderstood this or missed something here, but I've always viewed you as being the leader and backbone of this event..the one who motivated everyone to actually take part in the first place and keep at it. If I'm right about that, then it should and would fall on you to outline just what is expected..but as it stands, it might be confusing to some.

Just saying..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (03-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #50
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

I'm good waiti.g to post. Just got all giddy about last night's project. That may or may not happen again.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
A.M (02-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #51
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Sorry..I don't follow you..what's the "Q" stand for..and although it may be an informal members event here on the forum, everyone still needs to know the format to follow..otherwise folks won't know what their expected to do. Some will end up posting regularly..while others will post at the end of the month.

I mean, why suggest the end of month thing in the first place if you're not going to be take charge and tell people this is what we're going to do? Maybe I've totally misunderstood this or missed something here, but I've always viewed you as being the leader and backbone of this event..the one who motivated everyone to actually take part in the first place and keep at it. If I'm right about that, then it should and would fall on you to outline just what is expected..but as it stands, it might be confusing to some.

Just saying..

I'm just trying to keep it light-hearted, flexible and fun for everyone.
If you'd prefer to post daily that's fine, there really are no rules for this except aim to finish this project by the end of May. Do whatever you feel comfortable with on this one and represent yourself the way you think best suits you.

Q is for quarterly as Relic(?) mentioned earlier.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #52
A.M

Quote:
I'm just trying to keep it light-hearted, flexible and fun for everyone.
If you'd prefer to post daily that's fine, there really are no rules for this except aim to finish this project by the end of May. Do whatever you feel comfortable with on this one and represent yourself the way you think best suits you.

Q is for quarterly as Relic(?) mentioned earlier.
Cheers..and I missed that "Q" bit from Relic..don't know how, but I did.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #53
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yea, think I said quartery in the hardware mega no-girls treehouse thread...

Really fucking stoked for this guys. Had more fun making music tonight than I have in a long damn time...just jamming live. If you set shit up in Maschine right, you can let arrangement before hand and then just tweak shit live. It's awesome. Also using the Proteus One is a bit time machine ish. There were probably people making tunes with one or two of these modules, maybe a drum machine, maybe a sequencer, a mixer and a few pedals. Like DAMN.

------------------
Old 03-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #54
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476358
Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,025 Posts

My first track is up!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This one is quite close to the sound I'm aiming for recently, a mix of stoner/sludge riffs and electronic elements.

For the hardware perverts here (aka:@Relic) Ableton Live as master, MPC for drum the realistic drum samples and sequencing, A4 for all synth duties (loved it) and for the synth drum sounds.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #55
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

I moved it because we don't want to upset the admin after they gave us our own space for this.
I'm going to ask that they change the sub-forum to QAWM unless anyone has any better ideas for names?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #56
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Four Projects Per Year?
Old 04-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #57
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

QAWM has a nice, familiar ring to it
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #58
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I am cool with QAWM.

------------------
Old 04-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #59
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts

I have no qawms with it.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #60
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
As you wish

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
Muse-ic (04-05-2014)