[fawm] sapling's fawm ♥♥♥♥♥♥ - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 14-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #21
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace
MC Status: 40912
Re: [fawm] sapling's fawm ♥♥♥♥♥♥

lol its 20kx better than skrillex and both of your guys' waves are squashed to hell

its probably my own taste but the threshold on the compression coming in through the first hook is a little too much, while it creates a cool contrast between noise and noiseless its pushed a bit too much.

also i was kinda jarred at the lack of "air" between your peaks. everything -is- squashed pretty hard, maybe some parallel compression on your melodics might help? because your acoustic drums coming in before the second hook are TITS AS FUCK, but theres quite a bit of mud

hey im muddy too but its handy when someone points it out

Advertisements

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks
Old 16-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #22
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69460
Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,031 Posts

new track up and updated the OP but its right here incase your lazy

ive been dealing with alot of busy life stuff lately, fixing the car, tending to my sister because she was sick, and overall frustration with music. I havent been at all past week really because I let my sister use my computer while she was here since she didnt bring anything with her(we took her to the hospital from where she is staying at and then kept her here for the week to watch over her, make sure shes ok)

thanks though guys/gals,

anyways to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
oh yeah let me tell you lol, You know, I havent done parallel in a long time. but yeah I know what you mean, ive been just a bit too trigger happy with my compressors lately, I really like the dynamics fuckery you can do with them. I think what was most likely the problem was that I had a limiter on the master, and I didnt remember to turn it off.(it was doing like plus 3-6 db with 10ms release.) so thats probably what jarred you and what not. good call on that though, I should remember next time

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Skrillex
Wulfsok (16-02-2014)
Old 16-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #23
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

I really like the vibe from this one..and it progresses a long real well. Nicce work over all, dude.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 16-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #24
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex View Post

new track up and updated the OP but its right here incase your lazy

ive been dealing with alot of busy life stuff lately, fixing the car, tending to my sister because she was sick, and overall frustration with music. I havent been at all past week really because I let my sister use my computer while she was here since she didnt bring anything with her(we took her to the hospital from where she is staying at and then kept her here for the week to watch over her, make sure shes ok)

thanks though guys/gals,

anyways to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
oh yeah let me tell you lol, You know, I havent done parallel in a long time. but yeah I know what you mean, ive been just a bit too trigger happy with my compressors lately, I really like the dynamics fuckery you can do with them. I think what was most likely the problem was that I had a limiter on the master, and I didnt remember to turn it off.(it was doing like plus 3-6 db with 10ms release.) so thats probably what jarred you and what not. good call on that though, I should remember next time
yes i am lazy

NINTENDO BAH

then it gets creepy neo tokyo-y

it actually keeps that new age bladerunner vibe for me thoughout

i dont have any technical criticism, its mixed pretty well. maybe filling out the stereo field a bit would sound nice. also the progression seems to slow down in the middle a bit, the track couldve used a break to make a clear distinction between beginning and end

PS i burst out laughing at the limiter thing.. i do it too.. thankfully i kick myself to clear out the master bus before the mixdown lol

------------------
Old 16-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #25
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsok View Post
yes i am lazy

NINTENDO BAH

i dont have any technical criticism, its mixed pretty well. maybe filling out the stereo field a bit would sound nice. also the progression seems to slow down in the middle a bit, the track couldve used a break to make a clear distinction between beginning and end

PS i burst out laughing at the limiter thing.. i do it too.. thankfully i kick myself to clear out the master bus before the mixdown lol
That's funny, W..I didn't think there was anything wrong with the progression myself. Thought it worked just fine as is. Funny how we all hear things differently.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 17-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #26
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsok View Post
yes i am lazy

NINTENDO BAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
That's funny, W..I didn't think there was anything wrong with the progression myself. Thought it worked just fine as is. Funny how we all hear things differently.
I really like how people are coming to different conclusions about the track,

lol but serious, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
NINTENDO POWAHHHhhhh, lol does it really? and yeah, I mean the limiter isnt always bad, its just when you slam it it gets especially ugggg

I have a feeling im gonna be known as the cyber-punk-steampunk-distopian-goth-tokyo-future-neo music person pretty soon lmfao, awesome

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Thanks to Skrillex
A.M (17-02-2014)
Old 17-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #27
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

oh I totally forgot to upload this one my 5th Fawm(should've been the forth)

OP post is also updated

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Thanks to Skrillex
Wulfsok (17-02-2014)
Old 17-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

You get decent structure out of your tracks in such a short time. Track 5 has some wicked, thick 'n fuzzy synth action going on. Nice to see you're getting tracks up and moving on.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 18-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulf Palace

i forsee a bright future, o' electronic one.

------------------
Old 22-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #30
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex View Post
Flying to the orbital hotel while earth burns.
TL072 is offline   Thanks
Old 26-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #31
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

6 yayy

updated original post also

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Old 26-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #32
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

really like this one, also have to say that you have a very defined character making music, I say this as a very positive comment...it's like sinister but funny, don't really know if those are the correct words, in Spanish would be easier to express this sort of things to me
Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks
Old 26-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Track 2- WOW, you really get some rich full sounds going. Like the rhythm and percussion. Great balance with melody and beats. You have some rocking composition going on!

Track 3- Lots of different sounds in this but somehow you make this all work. Not many people would be able to pull this off, but you do!
Track 4- Love the beginning, so cool and different, love the breaking percussive melody. Probably would like the bass to be a little more subtle as the melodies are really freaking beautiful. At 2:33 the glitchy beat is brilliant.
Track 5- Dark Step? This is great really like it.
Track 6-Awesome glitch... another great track.. love the main percussion.

You have some talent dude. You have a way of putting so many sounds together in different ways that they work, plus you get such a full sound, pretty amazing. Your tracks keep interest and are always moving, I never know what to expect.

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks