[fawm14] stem's fawms - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts
Re: [fawm14] stem's fawms

#2: Loving the all yer glitch sounds on this. Some of them are a tad harsh, but other wise the variety is nice. I like all the different textures. Yet it all works together. I wish there was a tad more variety to the kick/snare pattern.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #22
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

#3: Really nice coherent sound you have going on with these tracks. Again digging this. Really enjoying the sparse nature of the track. The full frequency percussive focus cool. A lot of nice panning going on again. Beautifully stereo : )

Cyann seems to be working for you.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 11-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #23
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

thanks buddy im trying to go for a very coherent sound throughout the album.

heres #4

contains samples from both burial and ben steed

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks
Old 11-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #24
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2417221

tripping bolls
nicee

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

subscribe to me on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/QiantaMusic
Qianta is offline   Thanks
Old 12-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle

thanks q

------------------
Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #26
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

# 3: Not my kind of thing..a bit too "glitchy" for my taste..but fecking technically brilliant!

#4: The intro sounds like it could be used on some big game or even in a movie..and the rest of it is just great. Really liked it to be honest.

# 5: Same as #4, but only more chilled. I liked this one best of all..and simply loved the samples you choose to work with..that detuned vocal effect/sample is just great and the layering of all the various elements is spot on. Really nice work, dude.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace
MC Status: 40912

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
thanks for listening wolfsok. was curious what you meant by this as i did not intend what you think i might have.
its strange because i felt the sub kinda glue the glitches together..

and i really liked the effect for the song cuz it kept an awesome movement. i didnt think you intended otherwise! the track was bangin and to kill the sub wouldnt have been as hot

BUT as ive said before i have strange ears so consider my critique hella salty lol

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks
Old 12-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace

you've got this really nice groove from the trap and hiphop that translates beautifully into IDM.

also your low highs and highs are amazing i love that band of your tunes, with the deep stereo.

#5 was very groovy, but i cant pick a favorite from the recent two. #5 did seem to end on a high note though so im looking forward to where youre taking it

EDIT ps ill buy the album so get to work!! mush, mush!!!

------------------
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #29
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Listening to track 5 - I'm diggin' your focus on percussive elements and glitchy textures. This is cool end-of-the-day-before-I-go-out-again-I-need-to [wtf with this typing] I need to chill out and recharge before the next party kind of vibes. Those click clack sounds make me happy.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 14-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #30
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsok View Post
you've got this really nice groove from the trap and hiphop that translates beautifully into IDM.

also your low highs and highs are amazing i love that band of your tunes, with the deep stereo.
i actually started making music with idm so its kind of funny coming back to it. my idm now compared to a few years ago sounds a lot more.... grown up... if thats the right way to put it.
and yes the audio engine in cyann is truly spectacular, espcially the build in drum sequencer. i might end up making a sample pack of them because they sound so good.

im glad you're happy scyn thats all i wanted

------------------
Thanks to stem collector
Wulfsok (14-02-2014)
Old 14-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #31
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulf Palace

Quote:
i actually started making music with idm so its kind of funny coming back to it. my idm now compared to a few years ago sounds a lot more.... grown up... if thats the right way to put it.
and yes the audio engine in cyann is truly spectacular, espcially the build in drum sequencer. i might end up making a sample pack of them because they sound so good.

im glad you're happy scyn thats all i wanted
SAME

you and i, brothers we are

------------------
Old 14-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #32
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2417221

Quote:
my idm now compared to a few years ago sounds a lot more.... grown up...
ur idm has a beard now :3

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

subscribe to me on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/QiantaMusic
Qianta is offline   Thanks
Old 14-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #33
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

------------------
Old 14-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #34
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744041041
Thanked 7,472 Times in 4,627 Posts

Sounds like you've got that style nailed Stem.
lolirl is offline   Thanks
Thanks to lolirl
stem collector (14-02-2014)
Old 14-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #35
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

Couldn't have done it without you guys

------------------
Old 14-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #36
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulf Palace

Quote:
hell ya sucked me right in. her fuckin voice was sexy.

0:40 the zouk comes in and FUCCKKK

the tapestretching, awesome, but some of the pitch cutting was a tad out of groove with the kick at a few spots, but its hardly noticeable. the glitches near the end sound very crisp

the contrast in the track isnt too obvious, which kinda hurts the progression. its very minimal which is nice but the whole track carries that similar chord progression. ive noticed that even with a minimal approach just changing up the chord progression at the right time can really pop

while i said the glitches (hats claps and reversals/stretches) sound crisp i listened to this again and theyre gained just a tad too high and hurt your vocals and kick transients.
actually i can see the problem spots on the waveform

still an excellent and epic track keep it goin

------------------
Old 16-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #37
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Liked 6..just like the others. Really nice work there, Stem.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 16-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #38
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

thanks for the responses guys, i might try to revisit some of these before the months over given i can finish 14 tracks by then.
heres 7:

------------------
Thanks to stem collector
Wulfsok (16-02-2014)
Old 16-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #39
A.M

Another damn fine track there, S..and I liked that rain-like sound (don't know if it was rain sampled or a synth preset or what..but it sounded good to me). Are you going to release all of these as an album when this is over and done?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 17-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #40
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

thanks the rain is from an alchemy preset.

i plan on releasing 14 of these little buggers on the 1st in a nice free bandcamp album

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to stem collector
A.M (18-02-2014)