why are listening booth titles changed?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts
Icon5 why are listening booth titles changed?

Hi.

Why are some listening booth post titles edited to include the poster's name?

the author of the post is already displayed beneath the post so this editing seems unneeded and also sometimes makes the tune title confusing.

i thought we were just supposed to include "[genre]" and then the tune name and that's it. since when are we supposed to include our names?

seems wierd. also it's not happening consistently across the board.

Advertisements

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031141
Thanked 7,274 Times in 4,521 Posts
Re: why are listening booth titles changed?

No idea about thread titles changing but the standard format as per the rules is as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by banewaker View Post
[*]When creating a thread please use the title format: [Genre] Artist - Track name
Not everybody uses their forum name as their artist name.
It's not that big a deal though, sometimes admin can be arsed to change the titles and sometimes they can't.

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Nystagmus (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon13 Re: why are listening booth titles changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
No idea about thread titles changing but the standard format as per the rules is as follows:
ok thanks. i guess it's just now starting to be partialy enforced by a mod somewhere.

i still think it's a little bit redundant to have the artist's name there unless we are posting up somebody else's track (rare). the author of the post is usually the author of the tunes.

it's not like these are radio station captions. ok oh well.

------------------

Old 08-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

It's been enforced for a long time, then forgotten about then enforced, forgotten, enforced and so on.
What's your specific issue?
Is someone adding your name to thread titles and you don't think it's required or what?

------------------
Thanks to lolirl
Jaded (09-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon13 Re: why are listening booth titles changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
It's been enforced for a long time, then forgotten about then enforced, forgotten, enforced and so on.
What's your specific issue?
Is someone adding your name to thread titles and you don't think it's required or what?
i'm just used to it not being enforced.

i've been coming here for several years (i used to be BlackBurst and AstroIDMist) and this is the first time I've ever had it enforced on me or seen it enforced on anybody.

sure, i can adjust, it's just silly in my opinion. i'll live. no "issue" just a commonplace complaint.

------------------

Old 08-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator

Yeah, I know who you are guy.
LB rules were posted on 12-16-2013.
At one point we'd just delete the tracks because there were so many that it was easier for us and re enforced the rules, so if you're thread is only being renamed consider yourself lucky.

------------------
Old 08-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
ok thanks. i guess it's just now starting to be partialy enforced by a mod somewhere.

i still think it's a little bit redundant to have the artist's name there unless we are posting up somebody else's track (rare). the author of the post is usually the author of the tunes.

it's not like these are radio station captions. ok oh well.
I change titles in order to stick to forum rules. Anyone who sticks to this simple rule below will not have their titles changed into correct ones:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If error keeps repeating, I will let you know or I will remove the post (that goes for all users/posts in the LB).

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
Nystagmus (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

OP, I think the normal option would have probably been to just remove your LB thread. Whoever did it was doing you a favor so it didn't get deleted, probably.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
Nystagmus (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #9
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
OP, I think the normal option would have probably been to just remove your LB thread. Whoever did it was doing you a favor so it didn't get deleted, probably.
True.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #10
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183860
Thanked 3,677 Times in 2,739 Posts

Also, Nystagmus, I think it's just that you've noticed it now personally that..well..you've noticed it. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

Personally, I think keeping tracks named in the format outlined in the forum rules helps keep track of who's who..I mean, sometimes..as was mentioned already..members use different names to those they use on here, so when you go to SC or wherever, it's handy to know the name they are releasing their work under..kinda common sense really I think.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Nystagmus (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

OK thanks /thread.

Advertisements

------------------