Quitting Smoking (not really) Electronic cigarettes - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #121
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199645618
Thanked 4,927 Times in 3,178 Posts
Re: Quitting Smoking (not really) Electronic cigarettes

Oh and I'd suggest getting low resistance 1.8 ohm.

Comes in low, regular and high.

Advertisements

RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #122
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282984
Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,756 Posts

thanks rfj

ok so it looks like this is a lot more complicated than i thought

i havent got a clue what any of this stuff is!... is there a good place i can have a read? cause the shop i just bought mine from has no info whatsoever. i havent begun to search about it mind you but if you know of anywhere that will lay it out simply what all the components do and what i need to know that would be great

as for the juice what would anybody reccomend? i really want to heighten the chances of me making this stick for good but obviously i dont want to spend a load of money i really havent got if after two weeks im back on the fags

cheers!

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #123
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Everything you need to know can be found here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

If not, ask away.

They have high quality juice here:

ivape.net but it's in the US and pricy.

I'd just suggest a simple tobacco flavored juice from liberty flights 24 mg to start. Not like a backwoods tobacco, just plane.
Thanks to RFJ
FunkMasterBrown (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #124
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Everything you need to know can be found here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

If not, ask away.

They have high quality juice here:

ivape.net but it's in the US and pricy.

I'd just suggest a simple tobacco flavored juice from liberty flights 24 mg to start. Not like a backwoods tobacco, just plane.
thats buzzin mate thank you very much! ill have a gander at that tomorrow (bed time)

------------------
Old 07-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #125
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Yes.

Any battery w/ a 510 connection.

The ego is a 510.

Edit: stopsmoking...I like it.
Thanks to RFJ
FunkMasterBrown (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #126
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

ok so ive just got my thang

it feels like its really not good for me

im pretty sure its burning my mouth a little bit and i took a drag about half an hour ago and it really burned my throat

have you experienced any of this?

EDIT: also ive filled it up to the line and my bottle is half empty... how long roughly is this gonna last dya reckon?

------------------
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #127
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
ok so ive just got my thang

it feels like its really not good for me

im pretty sure its burning my mouth a little bit and i took a drag about half an hour ago and it really burned my throat

have you experienced any of this?

EDIT: also ive filled it up to the line and my bottle is half empty... how long roughly is this gonna last dya reckon?
Yeah they can be harsh as fuck the first time you try one. But they are proper lush when you get the knack of it.

Pull on it slower but longer than you would a normal cigarette then inhale.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Cypherclerk
Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #128
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

I love how it hits the throat but that's just me.

Be sure you don't hit it like a joint either. Just take a slow drag holding the smoke in your mouth till you're done hitting it. Then pull it all down at once into your lungs.

Your tank at half full should last from 1-2 hours depending upon how often you hit it.

My tank is 3.5 mil cspacity and lasts a good 3-4 hours when full depending...
Thanks to RFJ
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #129
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
I love how it hits the throat but that's just me.

Be sure you don't hit it like a joint either. Just take a slow drag holding the smoke in your mouth till you're done hitting it. Then pull it all down at once into your lungs.

Your tank at half full should last from 1-2 hours depending upon how often you hit it.

My tank is 3.5 mil cspacity and lasts a good 3-4 hours when full depending...
blummin eck thats a bit shocking! ive got a 1.6ml tank. ordered a clearomizer and a bottle of cherry juice or whatever... should come in the next 2 days

im gonna need like 3 bottles a week then??

ive only had this a while and im seriously committed to making it work so ill smoke it for a day or two and see how my mouth/throat feels. i feel kinda light headed from it but i still kinda want a fag too. if it turns out this is for me im gonna have to buy another battery and an adapter so i can charge it from a plug in the wall

------------------
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #130
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

What size are these bottles?

Maybe I was a bit off on my estimation of how long thr juice lasts.

Ill put it like this I usually go through 12 to 15 mil a week, sometimes less.

But again I make my own juice so its crazy cheap.

I'm making a new batch in a day or so and ill film it. By weeks end ill upload a youtube of how to do it do you csn see how easy it is.
Thanks to RFJ
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #131
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
What size are these bottles?

Maybe I was a bit off on my estimation of how long thr juice lasts.

Ill put it like this I usually go through 12 to 15 mil a week, sometimes less.

But again I make my own juice so its crazy cheap.

I'm making a new batch in a day or so and ill film it. By weeks end ill upload a youtube of how to do it do you csn see how easy it is.
that would be brilliant!

it's a 5ml bottle that came free with it

ive got the trick now... dont let any air in with the drag and you dont have to suck it through

------------------
Old 10-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #132
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

ok so not long after my last post i fell in love with the thing, i was supping it all night

the thing is my throat and tongue were still a bit fucked and today my fruity juice came and it's giving me head aches. the feeling of it hitting my throat is getting slowly worse and it just seems to get me drunk lol

im pretty sure the beautness is all down to the flavour anyway... i keep doing the thing where you let it out your mouth and suck it all back in through your nose cause a lot of the taste seems to be in the smell

id be interested to know what any of you think about this

------------------
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
RFJ (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #133
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

You mean like a french inhale?

Yeah I've done thst a time or two with mine but since it's vapor being taken in I always felt like there was condensation left over in my nosttil. So I don't do that regularly or exhalet of my nose for the same reason either. Maybe that's all in my head though.

Don't know about the headaches tbh but if the juice flavor is more harsh than the cherry flavor it could be because of several different things...

if the nicotine content is higher in the fruit juice flavor you'll get a harsher hit. Also the base of these juices is made up of two things, PG and VG. VG stands for vegetable glycerin, and PG stands for some chemical that is too long for me to spell. if the juice is higher in pg it will also give you a stronger hit.

Basically pg is for throat hit and flavor vg is for vapor production.

The juice that I make is roughly 60% pg and 40% vg but I like a strong hit. I'm making juice tomorrow and hopefully ill have the youtube up shortly after that will explain all of this in better detail.
Thanks to RFJ
FunkMasterBrown (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #134
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
You mean like a french inhale?

Yeah I've done thst a time or two with mine but since it's vapor being taken in I always felt like there was condensation left over in my nosttil. So I don't do that regularly or exhalet of my nose for the same reason either. Maybe that's all in my head though.

Don't know about the headaches tbh but if the juice flavor is more harsh than the cherry flavor it could be because of several different things...

if the nicotine content is higher in the fruit juice flavor you'll get a harsher hit. Also the base of these juices is made up of two things, PG and VG. VG stands for vegetable glycerin, and PG stands for some chemical that is too long for me to spell. if the juice is higher in pg it will also give you a stronger hit.

Basically pg is for throat hit and flavor vg is for vapor production.

The juice that I make is roughly 60% pg and 40% vg but I like a strong hit. I'm making juice tomorrow and hopefully ill have the youtube up shortly after that will explain all of this in better detail.
yeah both of the ones i have are PG and from what i can tell thats what im wanting

the other fruity one does have a higher nicotine content... it just feels like its really bad for me and how drunk it gets me is weird as well lol

i dunno ill just keep doing it and see where a couple of days leaves me

------------------
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #135
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

ok so ive worked it out.

the other day i got the fruity juice and put it in the new clearomiser that came with it

its not vaping properly... it makes a crackly noise and its quite a bit louder than the initial one... im pretty sure im huffing quite a lot of the un-vaped solvent when i drag on it and thats why its awful and is closing my chest up and making me wheeze. its actually pretty un smokeable

i know this cause my first one did it for a bit today (im getting along with that one fine)

these things are much healthier than fags but the juice itself is so apparently toxic and huffing that shit up and it spilling into my mouth is kinda fucked up. it did it just as i left my house today so i could go in and wash my mouth out but if it happened in the middle of town i wouldve been a bit fucked

anyway

any suggestions on sorting the vaping problem out?

trust me to ask so many questions and complain this much lol

------------------
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #136
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Well sounds like to me you might possibly be dragging too hard. Ease up a bit on the inhale. Or you could just have a defective clearo. I don't know maybe its just s cheap one they threw in the kit.

If you're down to keep at it I'd suggest ordering a new tank thats a bit more sturdy.

Ill show you mine when I get that vid up but its, as I said to xnoise before hid posts were removed, a vision vivi nova mini. They're like eight or nine bucks on line and like eleven to fourteen from any vape shop.
Thanks to RFJ
FunkMasterBrown (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #137
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Well sounds like to me you might possibly be dragging too hard. Ease up a bit on the inhale. Or you could just have a defective clearo. I don't know maybe its just s cheap one they threw in the kit.

If you're down to keep at it I'd suggest ordering a new tank thats a bit more sturdy.

Ill show you mine when I get that vid up but its, as I said to xnoise before hid posts were removed, a vision vivi nova mini. They're like eight or nine bucks on line and like eleven to fourteen from any vape shop.
im defo not dragging too hard

i got this one http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=165

its the same as the one that comes free with the kit but its not disposable... all the parts are replacable (if im correct)

i got the 2.1 - 2.4 ohms one which may have been a mistake

when a tank is empty do you just put in the next juice or do you just clean it? im gonna put some of the fruity stuff in to the first clearomiser when its empty to see what the crack is

------------------
Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #138
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

If I'm just changing flavors I don't clean it. I clean once a week usually at the start of the weekend. I like having a bit of the residue from the previous juice up in there because it makes interesting mixes of flavor.

If you're not hitting it too hard and you're only having issues with the one its probably just defective because most vision products, if working properly, are solid.

Also, thanks for all the thanks but no need to keep burning them on me here. I like talking about this and am happy to help.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #139
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
If I'm just changing flavors I don't clean it. I clean once a week usually at the start of the weekend. I like having a bit of the residue from the previous juice up in there because it makes interesting mixes of flavor.

If you're not hitting it too hard and you're only having issues with the one its probably just defective because most vision products, if working properly, are solid.

Also, thanks for all the thanks but no need to keep burning them on me here. I like talking about this and am happy to help.
well thanks

yeah i suppose i want to hit the nail on the head and get what works for me in the least amount of money and youre helping a lot

------------------
Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #140
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts

I'm going to buy one of those liberty-flights jobbies tomorrow when I can be bothered to read the e-cigarette forums. Looking forward to getting a proper sense of smell back and of course my ability to run the 100m in under 9 seconds.

Advertisements

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote