[Techno] liquid air -first flight
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52060
Thanked 1,041 Times in 767 Posts
[Techno] liquid air -first flight

Played around with Korg Gadget on my iPhone last Sunday and this is the product. No external mastering, just rendered straight out of Gadget on my PHONE (amazing what you can do with only a phone)...

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] liquid air -first flight.
Old 14-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant future
Redditch
MC Status: 1960
Re: [Techno] liquid air -first flight

Loving this mate. Can't believe you made it on a phone!
Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538780
Thanked 6,957 Times in 4,949 Posts

Ace. Haven’t seen one from you in a while. I won’t do your music the diservice of having its first listen by through my iPad speakers, I’ll have a proper listen and leave some notes when I get home : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

That was all gadget!?!
Great job dude!
Now sell me all your gear lol!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

While I am impressed you did this all on gadget, I'm just impressed by the track. This seems to have much more direction than some of the last few things you posted? Really nice job on doing that subtle techno progression and keeping things interesting etc. Nice one.

------------------
Old 15-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52060
Thanked 1,041 Times in 767 Posts

Thanks so much guys. This was a weird experience in a way. I just cobbled together a few presets, layered some FX and it all just gelled. It started with a 4x4 beat. A bassline and then that bass arpeggio and it just was there in front of me: add a few percussion elements, a stab, and a pad. It practically wrote itself. Maybe I’m just overthinking a lot. Presets, that’s it. Don’t fuss for hours. Or maybe just the focus I had. Gotta try for an encore.

I mean, the irony that I should have made my first reasonably well put together track on my fucking phone...

Last edited by liquid_air; 15-11-2017 at 12:27 AM..

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:08 AM   #7
Sound--
Regular Freak
Sound-- is a name known to allSound-- is a name known to allSound-- is a name known to allSound-- is a name known to allSound-- is a name known to allSound-- is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I like the idea of having less choices to distract you. So looks like you have the talent and creativity to get rid of the rest of your gear. Great track!
Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:41 AM   #8
Dr. Sleaze
Microknight
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 3910

It has a very old skool feel to it. There's lots of familliarity to the sounds from the 90's early 2000's, which is good as that brings back memories, which hooks the listener in to the track more (well in my case).
Sometimes limitations are just what we need to help us feel the music more, and turn our concertration to the composition. For the dancer, there is plenty of different rhythmic elements to settle into a groove with.
It has really nice dynamics too. Some times I think people spend too much time trying to be loud, instead of trying to be good. Let's just say, that it's nice to hear something that hasn't been processed to death and made into a sausage.
You will find, that a lot of your best stuff will just come together, as if it is writing itself (I think it's what they refer to as being in the zone) all your concertration is where it needs to be. Anyways great track.
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Thanks so much guys. This was a weird experience in a way. I just cobbled together a few presets, layered some FX and it all just gelled. It started with a 4x4 beat. A bassline and then that bass arpeggio and it just was there in front of me: add a few percussion elements, a stab, and a pad. It practically wrote itself. Maybe Iím just overthinking a lot. Presets, thatís it. Donít fuss for hours. Or maybe just the focus I had. Gotta try for an encore.

I mean, the irony that I should have made my first reasonably well put together track on my fucking phone...
Ive always struggled with loopitis when trying to work all or mostly hardware. Or when trying to do arrangement via jamming live takes. My solution was recording phrases and shorter takes of pieces parts into my daw and arranging there. Something to think on for a fellow hardware user.

------------------
Old 15-11-2017, 11:04 PM   #10
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Ive always struggled with loopitis when trying to work all or mostly hardware. Or when trying to do arrangement via jamming live takes. My solution was recording phrases and shorter takes of pieces parts into my daw and arranging there. Something to think on for a fellow hardware user.
Hmmm, that's funny, I am starting to have the opposite effect. I am coming up with very rudimentary arrangements in song mode in hardware and then getting it together in live.
Where as in live's clip mode, and especially with push, I found myself in loop mode always and adding more and more shit to said loops!
Way off topic by now but yolo!

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote