AMD / Intel co-designed Intel Radeon Core Chip
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
AMD / Intel co-designed Intel Radeon Core Chip

AMD and Intel have teamed up to co-design an Intel Core microprocessor with a custom AMD Radeon graphics core.

From PCworld.com: "It sounds crazy, but itís true: Arch-rivals AMD and Intel have teamed up to co-design an Intel Core microprocessor with a custom AMD Radeon graphics core inside the processor package, aimed at bringing top-tier gaming to thin-and-light notebook PCs."

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant future
Redditch
MC Status: 1960
Re: AMD / Intel co-designed Intel Radeon Core Chip

The future right there mate.
Although if this crypto mining craze continues I'll have to sell my house in order to afford one.
Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
The future right there mate.
Although if this crypto mining craze continues I'll have to sell my house in order to afford one.

Yeah..same here..and I hate to think about how much the laptops with them built in will actually end up costing..but if ya got to play, ya got to play.

------------------
Old 08-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant futureCritical has a brilliant future
Redditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
..but if ya got to play, ya got to play.
I'm going to try that one with the wife and see what she says...
My money's on 'off' being the second word.
Thanks to Critical
A.M (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19760

watch nvidia counter back with putting a titan xp in a toaster
speraking of which seen those star wars edition titan gpus
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Critical (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Yeah..it only takes one and then everyone is rushing for a piece of the action. Same old same old.

------------------
Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
Critical
Granular Poster
Redditch

Quote:
I had to Google the titan card mate... check out the 1st few lines of the 1st review I came across

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Although not sure how I'd shoe horn the titan xp toaster in my rig though but if it's new it must be the best..... right?
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #8
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC

Quote:
I had to Google the titan card mate... check out the 1st few lines of the 1st review I came across

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Although not sure how I'd shoe horn the titan xp toaster in my rig though but if it's new it must be the best..... right?
no there just re skinned of the titan xps any way i was going to go for 2 titan xp cards in my system but went for 2 1080 tis instead , and overclocked them you get better peromance overall.
Thanks to joem
A.M (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Critical
Granular Poster
Redditch

Quote:
no there just re skinned of the titan xps any way i was going to go for 2 titan xp cards in my system but went for 2 1080 tis instead , and overclocked them you get better peromance overall.
Fair play. Is that the same machine you produce on?
I imagine 2 of them Oc'd gives off a fair bit of fan noise unless you've gone water cooled?
I haven't pc gamed in ages.
What's the benchmark game to try and achieve full fps at full res on now?
Was Crisis for a bit iirc.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:40 AM   #10
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Fair play. Is that the same machine you produce on?
I imagine 2 of them Oc'd gives off a fair bit of fan noise unless you've gone water cooled?
I haven't pc gamed in ages.
What's the benchmark game to try and achieve full fps at full res on now?
yes its my main rig i usae it for work to which is web desighn and video editing so i need a lot of power and for it to be uop to date, well i play games at 4k ultra/ultra high settings, im getting at 4k say battlefield 1 at over 100 to 120 frames per second avarage so im happy with that.
have paired it though with a beefy overclocked core i9 10 core processor 7920x (overclocked aswell to 4.5ghz) and 64 gigs of ram to. so yea i have enough grunt in my system to do most things.
Thanks to joem
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 03:16 AM   #11
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21160

Quote:
I still bench with Crysis, you just gotta run it at like 12k or something
For me, it's Metro: Last Light and Witcher 3. Those are the only ones I can't just turn on max settings and roll 120 fps all day.

As far as this Radeon chip in a Intel SOC goes... I was surprised, but it's not unheard of either. AMD has experience, thanks to Infinity Fabric, with getting separate, smaller chips to speak with each other on one piece of silicon. From my understanding of the industry, all the other designers thought it wasn't feasible to have multiple separate chips on a single substrate speak to each other and work as a single unit until they watched AMD do it, and that leaves them all playing catch up in this regard. It's not that this has great performance benefits so much as it lowers production costs and shrinks packaging sizes of existing tech. By using smaller lithographs, yields should improve and costs drop. And yeah, it lets you do stuff like this too.

Oh, and this reminds me of when AMD licensed intel's x86 code to develop the x64 platform and now every 64-bit system out there says AMD x64. Even the intel ones.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #12
Critical
Granular Poster
Redditch

Quote:
have paired it though with a beefy overclocked core i9 10 core processor 7920x (overclocked aswell to 4.5ghz) and 64 gigs of ram to. so yea i have enough grunt in my system to do most things.
Deary me that rig is a power house! I was quite happy with mine but compared to yours it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!
Surely you have enough grunt to do anything with setup? I know 4k editing in Premiere Pro is pretry intense but I imagine your system just cuts it like butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
It's not that this has great performance benefits so much as it lowers production costs and shrinks packaging sizes of existing tech. By using smaller lithographs, yields should improve and costs drop. And yeah, it lets you do stuff like this too.
Help if I spelt Crysis properly aye White

Yeah when A.M posted the original info my imagination ran away with me and I imagined it to be on par with power of the chip that Miles Dyson was working on for Skynet. When, in reality as A.M and yourself stated it's to reduce size and costs
Still pretty cool though.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #13
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Deary me that rig is a power house! I was quite happy with mine but compared to yours it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!
Surely you have enough grunt to do anything with setup? I know 4k editing in Premiere Pro is pretry intense but I imagine your system just cuts it like butter.

Help if I spelt Crysis properly aye White

Yeah when A.M posted the original info my imagination ran away with me and I imagined it to be on par with power of the chip that Miles Dyson was working on for Skynet. When, in reality as A.M and yourself stated it's to reduce size and costs
Still pretty cool though.
youd be suprised 8k editing is a no go and i have to find work arounds because i have been given 8k footage before to re render and downscale which is a bitch
Thanks to joem
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #14
Critical
Granular Poster
Redditch

Quote:
youd be suprised 8k editing is a no go and i have to find work arounds because i have been given 8k footage before to re render and downscale which is a bitch
Lol 8k editing never crossed my mind bud
Although if you're in the market or an 8k editing rig the 3XS Evolve NLE 8K video editing PC is for sale and its only £17k

oh + £11 delivery...
Thanks to Critical
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #15
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Lol 8k editing never crossed my mind bud
Although if you're in the market or an 8k editing rig the 3XS Evolve NLE 8K video editing PC is for sale and its only £17k

oh + £11 delivery...
na im good i build my rigs always have always will
Thanks to joem
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #16
A.M

Quote:
na im good i build my rigs always have always will
Ah..but do you build em "on the cheap"? If so, then you can build one for me. I'll even throw in a cup of MacD's Coffee every day if your good.

------------------
Old 09-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Ah..but do you build em "on the cheap"? If so, then you can build one for me. I'll even throw in a cup of MacD's Coffee every day if your good.
yeas i get parts cheep or in some cases free for you a pricepoint and ill throw in 5 percent off the vat off each component and 10 percent off shipping.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #18
A.M

Quote:
yeas i get parts cheep or in some cases free for you a pricepoint and ill throw in 5 percent off the vat off each component and 10 percent off shipping.
WOW..seriously? I was just joking with you, J..but having said that, I'll certainly hold you to that offer, when this setup I have has died. Cheers, man..nice one.

Do you have a business doing this..if so, do you have site or anything that you can point me to. If so, PM me the UR, for future reference.

------------------
Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #19
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
WOW..seriously? I was just joking with you, J..but having said that, I'll certainly hold you to that offer, when this setup I have has died. Cheers, man..nice one.

Do you have a business doing this..if so, do you have site or anything that you can point me to. If so, PM me the UR, for future reference.
yea i do pc repair and builds for scans, and slowly starting to run my own side busness doing it like i do with the web desighn and video editing (i do video editing for adverts and local buisnesses as part of my package deal )

Last edited by joem; 09-11-2017 at 03:37 PM..
Thanks to joem
A.M (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
yea i do pc repair and builds fopr scans and slowly starting to run my own side busness doing it like i do with the web desighn and video editing (i do video editing for adverts and local buisnesses as part of my package deal )
Cool..that's handy to know.

Advertisements

------------------