Regarding PMs
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts
Regarding PMs

As a result of something that recently took place in a thread on here, it might be a good idea to put in the member's rules / guidelines something like : "No posting of PMs without the consent of all parties involved"

There's a reason they're called "Private" messages..and nobody should have to think twice about using that system, for fear what they say will later show up in a thread later. Granted, I guess it all depends on the content of the message or messages in question, but as a general rule, what's said in PMs should stay within that system, unless permission is given by the one who saying something to repeat it out in on the general forum.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538130
Thanked 6,944 Times in 4,941 Posts
Re: Regarding PMs

I think the knowledge that "its the internet, don't post anything you wouldn't revealed to the world anywhere, in any forum" will suffice.

We've had much worse things happen with PMs made public around here, I'm sure, though I honestly can't put my finger on the incident I'm thinking of specifically. No one really reads or follows the rules anyway. Its more of a social contract. Having that as a rule isn't really needed.

This was a quite harmless public reveal of a PM and it was anonymous until the other party involved revealed themselves. If something truly hurtful happened the team can still ban someone and I'm sure the community would support it w/o a rule if it is justified.

I feel like this discussion is possibly just going to a negativity fire. If the other mods want this public discussion right now they can unlock this. Sorry A.M., no offense intended, but you too have seen how shit will snowball absolutely out of control around here.

A mod sending a PM as a mod shouldn't be saying anything that couldn't or shouldn't be said in public anyway. In a case like this the PM is a polite gesture on the mod's part to not make the issue public.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
A.M (05-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts
Re: Regarding PMs

It's not a big deal, move along.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (06-11-2017)
Closed Thread