(HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
(HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


Hi all,

Its been a while, hope you are all well - here's a work in progress it needs an outro and some more ear candy but I'm liking the vibe - any feedback suggestions please let me know.

Cheers

New update 08/11/2017 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by thin king; 08-11-2017 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: fixd title

Advertisements


------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP).
Old 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Granular Poster
Inna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the rough
Posts: 74
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Overall, beat is ok, but too generic. You need to add little details to make it unusual and memorable.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Can you suggest anything - there is alot of detail in this groove believe me, each hit is single and programmed.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 9,405
MC Status: 181060
Thanks: 10,600
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

House isn't really my thing..I like it, but I haven't much of a clue about actually constructing a house track..so please keep that in mind as you read this. Basically I'm just winging it here and going to make suggestions as listener and a guy who dabbles in ambient / eclectic stuff, rather than a House producer.

Anyway..fist of all, I really liked this track. It's got a nice vibe to it and moves along nicely, with all three parts working well together time-wise..and those main female vocals are really good and work well in the mix.

A couple of suggestions I'd like to make here..and please feel free to take them or leave 'em, as their only suggestions..in regards to the mix in general..

a)..that vocal clip / loop that's playing in the background..it "might" work better if you bring up the volume on it a little, then cut the lows on it ever so slightly..and then add a gentle hall reverb over it. I think doing this would make it stand out a little more and shine through in the mix, as it's kinda lost down there and deserves to really add to the track.

b) The main vocals..as I was listening the idea came to mind that a light 1/16th delay and a fast fade of a second or so,applied to the vocals at the end of each section of the track, might make it work even better, as well as add a little something extra to the mix in general.

I get what Inna Selez mean, though I think I would maybe phrase it a little differently, in that I don't think it's "too generic", it is what it is..but it certainly does need and deserves a to have a little more going on in there. Maybe give some thought to adding a few "sweateners" in the background..not right up front..that alterantely pan around the sound stage, with different added FX on them, just to give it all another layer of interest and complexity to hold the listening.

Like I said, these are only suggestions..it's your track after all..and only you will know when to call it a day when it comes to producing it. Hope you find something here that either helps you and/or inspires you.

Best of luck with it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:10 AM   #5
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Paggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MC
Paggos's Avatar
Zhengzhou, China
Age: 23
Posts: 1,345
MC Status: 3541243
Thanks: 79
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

I really enjoyed this. A few things i would suggest.

Those chords work really nice, but i feel the piano sound is a bit too dark for the track, maybe it's just me and because i don't have proper monitors atm, but i feel the treble on the piano is a little too much. But it doesn't sound bad!

The melody works well, but they're just chords, adding a counter melody or something of that sort would give it life. Working with the vocals and giving the feeling of connection with the vocals rather than the vocals being slapped on top of the chords. Like, add smaller notes on top of the chords to fit where the vocals are on some bits.

Vary the percussion. The percussion in house is very important, when the track builds into the second part you can add effects to the vocals or percussion like adding delay or reverb to give the listener a feel that they're transitioning into the second part of the song. However, you can make this subtle as this is a very subtle song in general.

Very nice work though, loved listening to it. Reminded me of old school carl cox or something.

------------------
Paggos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Thanks so much for the listen and the feedback....some really great advice there that I will definitely be trying over the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
House isn't really my thing..I like it, but I haven't much of a clue about actually constructing a house track..so please keep that in mind as you read this. Basically I'm just winging it here and going to make suggestions as listener and a guy who dabbles in ambient / eclectic stuff, rather than a House producer.

Anyway..fist of all, I really liked this track. It's got a nice vibe to it and moves along nicely, with all three parts working well together time-wise..and those main female vocals are really good and work well in the mix.

A couple of suggestions I'd like to make here..and please feel free to take them or leave 'em, as their only suggestions..in regards to the mix in general..

a)..that vocal clip / loop that's playing in the background..it "might" work better if you bring up the volume on it a little, then cut the lows on it ever so slightly..and then add a gentle hall reverb over it. I think doing this would make it stand out a little more and shine through in the mix, as it's kinda lost down there and deserves to really add to the track.

b) The main vocals..as I was listening the idea came to mind that a light 1/16th delay and a fast fade of a second or so,applied to the vocals at the end of each section of the track, might make it work even better, as well as add a little something extra to the mix in general.

I get what Inna Selez mean, though I think I would maybe phrase it a little differently, in that I don't think it's "too generic", it is what it is..but it certainly does need and deserves a to have a little more going on in there. Maybe give some thought to adding a few "sweateners" in the background..not right up front..that alterantely pan around the sound stage, with different added FX on them, just to give it all another layer of interest and complexity to hold the listening.

Like I said, these are only suggestions..it's your track after all..and only you will know when to call it a day when it comes to producing it. Hope you find something here that either helps you and/or inspires you.

Best of luck with it.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Thanks for the listen and feedback I really appreciate it - I think the chords do have a melancholy about them but it is actually a pretty sad vocal sample so I thought it fitted well but is still pretty danceable. I like the idea of a counter melody - I did add a subtle synth stab around the two min mark but I think that actually just adds more depth to the track than interest. I wanted to keep the track simple but I can see your point. Do you recommend adding notes that match the vocal exactly or something else?? I always seem to get to this point where I'm happy with a track but just fall short off adding the ear candy to make it really finished! When you say the second part of the song you mean after the 3:30 mark??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paggos View Post
I really enjoyed this. A few things i would suggest.

Those chords work really nice, but i feel the piano sound is a bit too dark for the track, maybe it's just me and because i don't have proper monitors atm, but i feel the treble on the piano is a little too much. But it doesn't sound bad!

The melody works well, but they're just chords, adding a counter melody or something of that sort would give it life. Working with the vocals and giving the feeling of connection with the vocals rather than the vocals being slapped on top of the chords. Like, add smaller notes on top of the chords to fit where the vocals are on some bits.

Vary the percussion. The percussion in house is very important, when the track builds into the second part you can add effects to the vocals or percussion like adding delay or reverb to give the listener a feel that they're transitioning into the second part of the song. However, you can make this subtle as this is a very subtle song in general.

Very nice work though, loved listening to it. Reminded me of old school carl cox or something.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
Jamblichus
IDMf's latest spammer
Jamblichus is currently spamming hard
Posts: 1
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

The chords are amazing! Also diggin the vocals, relaxing as hell. This got bounce for sure
Jamblichus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Paggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MC
Paggos's Avatar
Zhengzhou, China
Age: 23
Posts: 1,345
MC Status: 3541243
Thanks: 79
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
Thanks for the listen and feedback I really appreciate it - I think the chords do have a melancholy about them but it is actually a pretty sad vocal sample so I thought it fitted well but is still pretty danceable. I like the idea of a counter melody - I did add a subtle synth stab around the two min mark but I think that actually just adds more depth to the track than interest. I wanted to keep the track simple but I can see your point. Do you recommend adding notes that match the vocal exactly or something else?? I always seem to get to this point where I'm happy with a track but just fall short off adding the ear candy to make it really finished! When you say the second part of the song you mean after the 3:30 mark??
Yeah after the 3:30 mark, and in regards to the counter melody, it can follow the vocals exactly, but it doesn't have to. Just something to spark more interest. Good luck man!

------------------
Paggos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

New update 08/11/2017 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


Feedback on mix and if the new elements add enough interest please.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #11
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 9,405
MC Status: 181060
Thanks: 10,600
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
New update 08/11/2017 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


Feedback on mix and if the new elements add enough interest please.
Now..I could dance my fat ass off to this all night long..really nice work, TT. Any changes you made are really subtle to my ears and the mix is really solid. I just played the first version back-to-back with this and this sounds really cool. I can imagine this being played at a nice late night party.

Do you mind if I rip it?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #12
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Thanks so much for the listen and the kind words - yes of course you can rip it - if you play it anywhere please let me know what people think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Now..I could dance my fat ass off to this all night long..really nice work, TT. Any changes you made are really subtle to my ears and the mix is really solid. I just played the first version back-to-back with this and this sounds really cool. I can imagine this being played at a nice late night party.

Do you mind if I rip it?

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 9,405
MC Status: 181060
Thanks: 10,600
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
Thanks so much for the listen and the kind words - yes of course you can rip it - if you play it anywhere please let me know what people think!
Cheers..you're most welcome.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
tristcarmichael's Avatar
Cape Town
Posts: 50
MC Status: 360
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

I actually liked this track. Its kind of beat you would hear out at a chill bar while I order my gin and tonic. I find it refreshing. Sure, maybe a tad generic but through some crazy instrument like a ukrainian lady...I mean a UKULELE and you have something interesting

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
thin king's Avatar
Sheffield
Posts: 357
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: (HOUSE) thin king - Me and Diana (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
I actually liked this track. Its kind of beat you would hear out at a chill bar while I order my gin and tonic. I find it refreshing. Sure, maybe a tad generic but through some crazy instrument like a ukrainian lady...I mean a UKULELE and you have something interesting
random but thanks for the listen and comment

Advertisements


------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.