[Bass] MGER - Nasty
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 29-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798620
[Bass] MGER - Nasty

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This is a fresh track I made. I am quite happy with the mixdown, tho there is always room for improvement (I feel like the sense of space/depth is something I struggle with all the time).

I started with the melody, but decided that fuck it I want some aggressiveness to this. This lead to the chorus part, which became a major part of the whole track. I was struggling to add any freshness and new elements as the track progresses, since this was a submission to a sample pack competition where only a fixed set of samples can be used. I think I managed to get away with it by adding some heavy distortion and chopped stuff around second drop.

I hope that the sub bass isn't too loud. I tried blasting this in my car, and it sounded good so I guess it's "good enough". Anyways, feedback is always welcome!

Advertisements

------------------
I'm offering free mixing services, PM me if you are interested

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Bass] MGER - Nasty.
Old 29-10-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
wipeout
Sample Destroyer
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2023647
Re: [Bass] MGER - Nasty

All I can say is LOL!

I decided to go with the 'listen to it before read description' approach and was like.. okay kinda Spacey flying lotus breakbeat thing.. then like... Suck my #$&_ mofukka! And laughed. Awesome track!

------------------
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798620

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipeout View Post
All I can say is LOL!

I decided to go with the 'listen to it before read description' approach and was like.. okay kinda Spacey flying lotus breakbeat thing.. then like... Suck my #$&_ mofukka! And laughed. Awesome track!
HAH! Thanks! I really wanted to use that sample, but didn't want to make it "age restricted" (if that's the correct term to use). Glad you enjoyed it, any thoughts on the mixdown? I think I have (again) overshot the reverbs quite a bit, but what the hell, lesson learned I guess.

------------------
I'm offering free mixing services, PM me if you are interested

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Moment 1:09 and track from this time is really awesome.

Advertisements

Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote