Connecting a PS4 to an audio Interface?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 29-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
iStarfox
Microknight
iStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really nice
Ireland
MC Status: 360
Connecting a PS4 to an audio Interface?

Hi guys,

I am not sure if its possible but I would like to hook my PS4 up to my Saffire Pro 14 so I can have better sound quality on the set up. There is an optical connection on my PS4 and a SPDIF IN/OUT on the back of my saffire.

This focusrite article suggests it can't be done but there is a SPDIF IN on the back of the saffire? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

PS4 Ports
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Saffire Pro Ports

Advertisements

iStarfox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts
Re: Connecting a PS4 to an audio Interface?

Go out of the mini jack headphone out on one of your controllers to the line in on your interface.
Done.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710

I have an audio out on the back of my TV which I've used in the past as an RCA, although you might not have that but check in case there is maybe a headphones port also which can come in handy for the same purpose.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
iStarfox
Microknight
iStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really nice
Ireland
MC Status: 360

Wouldn't using a headphone jack or RCA not have the same sound quality as something else?
iStarfox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #5
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21010

Well, it depends on the quality of the DAC I guess. Basically, that's what this is coming down to. Do you want to use the TV's DAC, the Saffire's, or the PS4's? My guess is the Saffire, but you may want to look it up, we could be surprised. If you're going to connect optical audio to spdif, I think you'll need an adapter for the different plug types at least.

And then an optical cable for the run from your ps4 to the adapter and a coax spdif from the adapter to the interface.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #6
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19660

youll need a hdmi splitter to get the best quality

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote