[Techno Modular Jam] AsylumSeaker - drumbly
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC
MC Status: 245803
[Techno Modular Jam] AsylumSeaker - drumbly

Last edited by A.M; 22-10-2017 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

AsylumSeaker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to AsylumSeaker
Daggit (05-11-2017)
Rate this track - [Techno Modular Jam] AsylumSeaker - drumbly.
Old 25-10-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10
Re: [Techno Modular Jam] AsylumSeaker - drumbly

Hey!

Sweet setup you got mate in which I know very little about lol

I was really on it until around 1:30, then lost it. I personally like a bit more variation which I imagine being super difficult considering the ratio between hands and knobs ahaha. Also the sound becomes cluttered and elements unclear (I know it is just a jam )

I was really enjoying it when it was more stripped down with that Tom-ish groove and piercing hat (example 0:30), the textures are awesome too.

Let me ask you some questions that I am curious about: This being a modular system jam, how do you go about to develop the track? Do you like cut and paste the audio you recorded (single tracked or multi-tracked)? In your experience what is the best way to develop a track from a jam like this? Don't you think that a modular system can be unproductive?

------------------
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC

Hey thanks for your interest I agree, gets repetitive..

There are many different ways to use a setup like this to produce music.. with the right modules you could program a track and play it live on the modular without any post-processing. In my case though I, as you suggest, record and then edit. Recording multitrack is perfectly possible and practical, and I've done it using my motu 828 interface.. but more often I mix the elements down on a 4 channel mixer I have, and will record layers one at a time, playing along ..

Here's a track using that method and with more thought put into it than the jam you heard:

Old 05-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

Good example of successful hardware electronic music!

If it's too long, you could still just chop the final wave into 3 or more separate sections, trim the edges, and just crossfade the boundaries so it's all seamless. If you still know the BPM, it should be pretty easy to do with an on-the-grid DAW edit. That way, you could still preserve the flow and feeling and technique while still getting down to something more like 5 minutes.

This type of track is exactly the type of sound that I enjoy and like to mix with, but seldomly have any access to the softwares or hardwares that can create it with ease. I used to do some experiments with some sounds more like yours, but then I lost my DAW gear during relocating and later on couldn't even remember how I used to get the sounds.

But I like hearing this type of stuff. It kind of reminds me of the tune "Pot Sounds" by Meat Beat Manifesto, which I also like, although quite different.

Peace and keep up the good work.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:01 AM   #5
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
Good example of successful hardware electronic music!

If it's too long, you could still just chop the final wave into 3 or more separate sections, trim the edges, and just crossfade the boundaries so it's all seamless. If you still know the BPM, it should be pretty easy to do with an on-the-grid DAW edit. That way, you could still preserve the flow and feeling and technique while still getting down to something more like 5 minutes.

This type of track is exactly the type of sound that I enjoy and like to mix with, but seldomly have any access to the softwares or hardwares that can create it with ease. I used to do some experiments with some sounds more like yours, but then I lost my DAW gear during relocating and later on couldn't even remember how I used to get the sounds.

But I like hearing this type of stuff. It kind of reminds me of the tune "Pot Sounds" by Meat Beat Manifesto, which I also like, although quite different.

Peace and keep up the good work.
Wicked, I love meat beat manifesto. Cheers

Advertisements