Acoustic Panels, Glue and Walls
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
FoDriZZlE
Knob Twiddler
FoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Acoustic Panels, Glue and Walls

Hello

Thinking about getting some acoustic panels, but Im wondering how this glue that comes with them work. Is it really safe to put it straight on the wall? How does this work? I dont want to make marks on my wall when I need to remove the panels.

Advertisements

FoDriZZlE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #2
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts
Re: Acoustic Panels, Glue and Walls

The glue will take the surface off of drywall, most definitely.

My solution was to affix the foam to lightweight masonite (? maybe thats not what its called) panels and hang those like picture frames.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #3
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19760

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
The glue will take the surface off of drywall, most definitely.

My solution was to affix the foam to lightweight masonite (? maybe thats not what its called) panels and hang those like picture frames.
i used thosde sticky tiles you get from hardwhere stalls they work really well dont mess your walls up and stick to the foam nicely to
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
chasedobson (21-10-2017)
Old 22-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #4
FoDriZZlE
Knob Twiddler
FoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
i used thosde sticky tiles you get from hardwhere stalls they work really well dont mess your walls up and stick to the foam nicely to
Can you tell me what tiles you used? Maybe link me a picture?
FoDriZZlE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 01:16 AM   #5
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943031
Thanked 5,697 Times in 3,588 Posts

Command Strips worked for me. Or that Scotch brand wall tape. Of course like chase said you gotta use lightweight materials. Masonite, thin rockwool etc. Just make frames and cover it with thin cloth you'd find at a place like Joann's or fekkin Hobby Lobby in the cloth dept.

Advertisements

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote