Windows 7 Audio profile power setting, no more audio glitch!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 29-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3460
Windows 7 Audio profile power setting, no more audio glitch!

Some years ago I bought a computer to be my ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ music production station. 16Go RAM, i7-4770k, 230Go SSD, Scarlett 18i20 sound card, I thought it would be more than enough to run Ableton Live with tons of VSTs with very low latency.

But it didn't goes that way. I had a lot of driver issues (but it's not the topic here), and no matter the audio buffer size I used, audio "cracks" sometime occurred. I tried everything I found on forums: tweaking obscure windows settings, modifying the BIOS... without any luck. After months of this, I gave up, convincing myself that these glitches doesn't shows up that often (sic).

Then I found this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's a power setting profile for Windows 7 specially made for music production stations. It basically does what I tried to do manually (read the link if you want to know exactly what it does), but it's automatic and it works! Plus, you can switch back to your original power setting profile every time you want! Finally I can use a 16 samples buffer size in Ableton without any "cracks "!

I hope it can help you if you are in same situation that I was. If you already have tried everything this might worth a try.

BONUS: It makes your video games run smoothly!

Advertisements

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Re: Windows 7 Audio profile power setting, no more audio glitch!

That's nice. Similar to mz7 optimizer.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
FTD
Master of the LFO
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3463455

I’ve had similar problems on Win7 64 bit and always blamed my Motu Soundcard, especially when there’s been a few other posts on forums and YouTube clips saying the same. Will try this now and if this is the fix, then thank you for solving a 3 year old headache.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3460

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
I’ve had similar problems on Win7 64 bit and always blamed my Motu Soundcard, especially when there’s been a few other posts on forums and YouTube clips saying the same. Will try this now and if this is the fix, then thank you for solving a 3 year old headache.
Problem solved?

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

That list of services that can be safely disabled is worth it even if a person doesn't run the script. It's like BlackViper automated.

I am going to try and make a list of stuff that can be safely disabled in a typical Linux distro, hopefully by wintertime. These types of things are really important and the difference between a consumer system and a Digital Audio Workstation workhorse.

Advertisements

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote