22rpm Festival: London - ft. Bola, Ash Koosha, Plaid, Ulrich, Scanner, B12, Gescom...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 22-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
Bit-Phalanx
IDMf's latest spammer
Bit-Phalanx is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
22rpm Festival: London - ft. Bola, Ash Koosha, Plaid, Ulrich, Scanner, B12, Gescom...

Hi all,

Apologies if this constitutes as "spam", but i couldn't see much on posting about live events. But I thought I'd open this up in here... yes, partly to give it this event a shout out. But, also just to highlight the dire lack of these kind of events in the UK, and it got me thinking.

We're of the 'Warp Magic Bus tour' and their legendary boat parties kinda era, and after seeing London's Ether festival mysteriously vanish in 2013, we saw a gap for a big annual / seasonal event which still has a focus on a "classic" IDM line-up.

So we went for it and started producing an all-day electronica festival in some of London's most gorgeous church venues.

In 2015 (20rpm), we launched to celebrate the Japanese IDM label Mango + Sweetrice's 20th anniversary, and featured Plaid, Bola, Coppé, Kettel, Christ. (ex BOC), Barbara Morgenstern, Kelli Ali (ex Sneaker Pimps), Nick Luscombe, Mixmaster Morris and more.

Last year (21rpm) we cracked up the bpm's a bit and had Luke Vibert, Plaid, Funkstörung, Graham Massey (808 State), Leila, sarasara, Earth Is Flat, Flint Kids and eeeeeeeevvven more.

We like a mix of veteran / legacy acts, current high profile acts, and brand new / emerging acts too, and so this year is looking a bit like this...

22rpm : An All-Day Electronic Music Festival : SATURDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2017
New church venue for 2017 - St John on Bethnal Green, London.

Feat:

ROOM 1 / THE CHURCH:
Valgeir Sigurđsson (live - UK Debut of 'Dissonance' live show)
Bola(live - UK Debut of 'D.E.G' live show)
Ash Koosha (live)
Scanner (live)
Coppe' (live - UK Debut of 'Milk' live show)
Ulrich Schnauss (Special guest DJ)
Plaid (Special guest DJs)
Gescom (Andy Maddocks) - Special guest DJ)
B12 (live)
Digitonal (live)
Derek Piotr (live - European live debut)
LightRhythm Visuals (Exclusive staging & visuals)

ROOM 2 / THE CRYPT
(Three-channel Silent Disco):

Channel 1: Bleep.com (Guest DJs & exclusive playlists)
Channel 2: Abstrakt Reflections (DJs, feat: c0ma, Flint Kids, Andrew Course, Hypercube, Microscopists)
Channel 3: EIF (Earth Is Flat - DJs)

Plus AV Installations from: Howlround | Chromatouch

Tickets available via Ticketweb.co.uk

Search: #22rpm #22rpmfestival #22rpmlondon

We are reaching a point where we are in a position to really carve interesting line-ups and invite some old-time favourite acts to really celebrate the electronic music / IDM scene from the last 30 years to now.

I genuinely don't wish this to come across as too spammy, and I'd like some genuine insight and thought from the members here moving forward. I personally started producing live residencies for unsigned Electronic / IDM acts I found on MySpace back in 2006 (!), and I never want to lose touch with that ethos, and we love being able to produce events now that can hook the big names up with the fresh faces on the same day, and get as many people involved as possible.

So... Dream line-ups? Criminally under-rated cult acts who deserve a decent stage again? Acts who vanished who you'd love to see lured out of obscurity? Emerging acts with unique live sets who really need a unique space like a London church to perform in?

Thoughts and names more then welcome!

Big cheers all.

/Bit-Phalanx.

Advertisements

Bit-Phalanx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744030041
Thanked 7,252 Times in 4,507 Posts
Re: 22rpm Festival: London - ft. Bola, Ash Koosha, Plaid, Ulrich, Scanner, B12, Gesco

Hi Leigh.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote