hi hat machine?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282884
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,755 Posts
hi hat machine?

Anybody know of a drum machine or module that is awesome at making hi hats? I doubt this is gonna come up with anything really but im interested if anybody has any ideas. I've wanted a nord drum since time began and something like that has the functionality to make hats with a lot of control but is there anything specific to hats/rides/cymbals you can recommend? It could just be a synth that is ace for this purpose or something.

Any ideas for consistently good methods for creating hats would be great too. Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538730
Thanked 6,956 Times in 4,948 Posts
Re: hi hat machine?

I think the Nord Drum would be my first suggestion actually. Otherwise any synth with good noise osc options, lots of amp envelope options, and possibly oscillator AM/FM ...the last part maybe I dont know what I am talking about. Maybe something that lets you use samples as oscillators as well?

I dont know of a drum module worth owing just for hats.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (20-09-2017)
Old 20-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

And track is so cool!
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

yeah ive probably never asked a more stupid question on here than this one to be fair

I'm just well on the idea of really limiting my sound sources selectively in order to make me really use what ive got but also maybe have a coherent sound for a bit. for a long while when I have actually made music every track has just super random in terms of tempo style/defining features or whatever. they probably all sound coherent anyway but you know what I'm going for...

I would like to fill a hi hat hole in my current setup. kicks snares and other perussion are easy and ive got them covered. I don't really want a sample pack of hi hats from my computer it just seems a bit shit when you look at what else ive got going on. something like that roland clap pedal but for hats was what I was imagining look at me somehow managing to turn into even more of a bellend lol

edit: I'm getting one of those fucking hand clapper things now

------------------
Old 20-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538730
Thanked 6,956 Times in 4,948 Posts

I think its mostly meant for snares and hand drum type sounds, but maybe the Jomox MBrane? If I recall people really liked the hats on the Volca Beats as well, but that seems pretty limited. Price is right though. The only place I know to look for hi hat specific modules is in Eurocrack land. I really loved the hi hats on the Arturia DrumBrute, but that is probably kinda pricey for just hats.

I also think that just recording found sounds might be a look in the right direction. Also, I'm not sure how expensive it would be to just buy and actual hi hat setup.

I get it though man. I probably agonize over a could pair of hi hat sounds for a track more than anything else. I'll have a look around as now I'm curious myself if there is a little metalic percussion module out their somewhere.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (20-09-2017)
Old 20-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts

get some hihats and a stand and some sticks.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #7
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
get some hihats and a stand and some sticks.
you know I hadn't thought of that at all and it might just be an absolute winner of an answer!

------------------
Old 20-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #8
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I think its mostly meant for snares and hand drum type sounds, but maybe the Jomox MBrane? If I recall people really liked the hats on the Volca Beats as well, but that seems pretty limited. Price is right though. The only place I know to look for hi hat specific modules is in Eurocrack land. I really loved the hi hats on the Arturia DrumBrute, but that is probably kinda pricey for just hats.

I also think that just recording found sounds might be a look in the right direction. Also, I'm not sure how expensive it would be to just buy and actual hi hat setup.

I get it though man. I probably agonize over a could pair of hi hat sounds for a track more than anything else. I'll have a look around as now I'm curious myself if there is a little metalic percussion module out their somewhere.
ive spent quite a while flying through ebay and old websites and have found a lot of things... none of which do hi hats but all which I want lol I think I need to pull myself in and stop looking to buy things and actually make music

Advertisements

------------------